Outta here!!!

ftp000

Expert Expediter
Being that its a war, why would I want it to be close? I enjoy a close, competitive sporting event as much as anybody. But when it comes to Michigan I dont want a nailbiter, I want a blowout.........humiliation whenever possible.

Most of the time I would agree, but NOT for the Michigan/Ohio State football game. That is just a continuation of the Michigan/Ohio WAR!! That ONE game is serious stuff!! :p

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Being that its a war, why would I want it to be close? I enjoy a close, competitive sporting event as much as anybody. But when it comes to Michigan I dont want a nailbiter, I want a blowout.........humiliation whenever possible.

Because it is always more fun when there is an actual contest. I turn off blowouts, even if Michigan is winning. I NEVER watch ANY game if that game interferes with hunting or fishing. NO game is THAT important!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I can't agree less Layout, most of those who are 'fans' of the event don't even know the history of the Toledo/Detroit war or even know that Detroit was a site of a lot of battles.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't agree less Layout, most of those who are 'fans' of the event don't even know the history of the Toledo/Detroit war or even know that Detroit was a site of a lot of battles.

LOL!! OK Greg. You know, I think maybe you might be taking this entire thread too seriously, it's just fun to me. A needed break from the REALLY stupid stuff that goes on in life. Like flooded basements, being sick and not getting to hunt or fish enough!! :eek:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well let's see...

flooded basement - been there, done that four times in 8 years.

being sick - been there, done that a few times last year

not getting to hunt and fish - well also been there but can't hunt with idiots around me and fishing, I can't use my salt water poles around here, kind of looks dumb.

Taking it seriously, well I do take sports seriously, but I know not from my posts. Not the seriously like a soccer mom takes when she beats the crap out of the coach because her darling daughter didn't get placed on the team but serious enough for me to learn the mechanics of the system.

I know that the best fun anyone can have is not to attend a professional game but local small ones, college games (but those are money driven and getting too much about money) and at some places lower class professional games. I also think football should be played outside all the time, hockey should only be played when there is something called winter happening and Baseball should lose its protection and be played with the honor and vitality like the Japanese play it - how it was played here.

Oh and I think we need to ditch soccer and have cricket played here. Nothing more than a complicated game to stimulate the brains of those little bratty kids - soccer has no real stimulation.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I know there was a ten year war(Bo vs Woody) and some of those battles took place in Ann Arbor.:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well let's see...

flooded basement - been there, done that four times in 8 years.

being sick - been there, done that a few times last year

not getting to hunt and fish - well also been there but can't hunt with idiots around me and fishing, I can't use my salt water poles around here, kind of looks dumb.

Taking it seriously, well I do take sports seriously, but I know not from my posts. Not the seriously like a soccer mom takes when she beats the crap out of the coach because her darling daughter didn't get placed on the team but serious enough for me to learn the mechanics of the system.

I know that the best fun anyone can have is not to attend a professional game but local small ones, college games (but those are money driven and getting too much about money) and at some places lower class professional games. I also think football should be played outside all the time, hockey should only be played when there is something called winter happening and Baseball should lose its protection and be played with the honor and vitality like the Japanese play it - how it was played here.

Oh and I think we need to ditch soccer and have cricket played here. Nothing more than a complicated game to stimulate the brains of those little bratty kids - soccer has no real stimulation.

NO CRICKET!! We already have NASCAR to put us to sleep!! :p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
2 planes registered to the Univ. of mich are on the ground in Baton Rouge LA.....1 got in there Sunday night, the other got in this morning.....Les Miles is an old "michigan man" and that is what the old blue haired big money alum has been crying for....He was said to have the job when Espn broke the news before the LSU bowl game the yr they hired rich rod (yea i know, but it has been his nick name since he was in highschool) and he had to deny it because he hadn't said anything to the powers that be at LSU...

Rumor has it that this time it is a done deal...LSU will let him out of his contract for a reduced buy out and UofM is ready to give him fist full of dollars....personally, i like Les, but not to the point of he is a 'must have" guy...i'll take John "Chuckie" Gruden in a heart beat...and he can bring his "hotbox doghouses" with him too!!!:D

Update: Well it looks like those planes will be on their way to Calif now to talk to Brady hoke, another "michigan man", the LSU AD just released a statement saying Miles will return for his 7th yr....

LOL, Big Blue is striking out ...1st Harbaugh went pro, now Miles tells them no....LOL...how does the old song go, "the old grey mare just ain't what she use to be".....

LOL, see! Flight Tracker has a flight with UofM registration going out of Willowrun going to ksna in San Diego....

OPPS...my bad, just heard that the flight from Willow run to ksna isn't a UofM plane, it is one of Monahans planes..pizza business in CA is the rumor...but you never know, it might be that they are sending Detroit Domino's pizza to hoke to "pave the way" for the UofM AD....LOL....

Last edited:

ftp000

Expert Expediter
I know there was a ten year war(Bo vs Woody) and some of those battles took place in Ann Arbor.:D

I can remember being in grade school and riding the school bus home on the fri before the OSU and Mich games. All the kids on the bus were chanting "go bucks....Bo sucks ". ........good times.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
it is offical, Brady Hoke is UofM's new football head coach....guess the pizza guy worked....:rolleyes: too bad, they hired a guy with a losing record as a head coach....:rolleyes: