Outta here!!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The University of Michigan has FIRED Rich Rod, the head football coach. The search is on for a replacement. He will not be missed by many.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
First - who cares...... ?? U of M, multibillion dollar corporation can do what ever they want and maybe it was too little too late.

Second, what is a richrod?

A sexual aid?

Seriously, I am listening to profession news caster (950 AM) saying RichRod this and RichRod that and I am thinking that he is so so lazy not to say the guy's full name but the way it was said was like a cheap commercial for a sexual aid.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He really wasn't given enough time. One more year and the team would have been ready to win a championship. Bo Shembechler use to say it took four years to fairly judge a new coach and his team. He was only given three because fans and others became too impatient.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Muttly,
There is a lot more to it than what you are saying.

There is a political end of things for starters and an Alumni issue on the other end. Most of what I understood the decision was not about the performance of the person as coach but his performance as a representative of U of the M and other major factors.

Bo isn't the coach of coachdom, his actions were not always broad casted and his staff/players was in many ways the key to his success - especially his staff. The same holds true for rickrod, his staff let him down on a few key points while many of the players didn't.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You ever seen the movie The Fifth Element?

Most likely one of the best movies Bruce Willis ever did but Chris Tucker was in it as Ruby Rhod and every time I heard rickrod, the image of Tucker dressed up in the movie came into my mind

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Coach Rod had one big problem.His defence sucked.Rich Rods offence was great,but the defence let him down,and cost him his job.They should have replaced the defensive coaches,now they will have to find a coach that will be able to use what players that are there.Go Buckeyes,be another 3 years 'til the team up north gives us any competition

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You know Night I am not trying to offend you but the guy's name is Rich Rodriguez, not richrod.

Since this has happened, the lazy and somewhat dimwitted newscasters (among a lot of sports fans who are naturally dimwitted) keep saying richrod <-- just like that ... running the words together like he was a rap star. They don't even attempt to try to use his full name which is Rich Rodriguez.

I came to the conclusion that when people make $200k a year sitting behind the desk at a tv or radio station, things like richrod and liberry seem to be not just unprofessional but shows a laziness and they need to go take diction lessons.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I only use the short version because I don't know how to spell the long version. That and I just don't really care. :p I just sorta follow Michigan football because it is more fun than arguing politics all the time!! I love the diversion that Michigan football and Red Wings hockey provide. It is just fun.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
See Layout, you and night and others here are not the issue, although it is funny and sounds like a sexual aide, the problem is professionals in the media being lazy and drumming this issue as it really was important.

The radio and TV stations did this to the 2.5 million in their viewing/listening audience as if it was so important, we have the VP come here, start riots because he said that the Mosque on Michigan Ave in Dearborn was a nice Synagogue and they don't say a peep about it but crap some football coach gets the axe, and it is news for a week. AND all the while it is richrod this and richrod that, sometimes it is like I'm listening to bad impersonations of Carlin and the wacky weatherman.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
See Layout, you and night and others here are not the issue, although it is funny and sounds like a sexual aide, the problem is professionals in the media being lazy and drumming this issue as it really was important.

The radio and TV stations did this to the 2.5 million in their viewing/listening audience as if it was so important, we have the VP come here, start riots because he said that the Mosque on Michigan Ave in Dearborn was a nice Synagogue and they don't say a peep about it but crap some football coach gets the axe, and it is news for a week. AND all the while it is richrod this and richrod that, sometimes it is like I'm listening to bad impersonations of Carlin and the wacky weatherman.

Standards in general have fallen off. That has been going on for years. It will likely continue.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Standards in general have fallen off. That has been going on for years. It will likely continue.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dear coach,

You will be missed.

Ohio State fan.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

You don't really mean that. Assuming you are a REAL Ohio State fan you understand that a close competition in that game is what it is all about.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There you go Layout, you are taking it too seriously.

It is a game, nothing else.

Most of the time I would agree, but NOT for the Michigan/Ohio State football game. That is just a continuation of the Michigan/Ohio WAR!! That ONE game is serious stuff!! :p