Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If he's alive wouldn't he just post a video holding up a copy of today's paper, or at least have an imposter do it just to throw it back in our collective faces?

He could, but then the naysayers would say a newspaper could be forged.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm..he was a millionaire funding al qaeda operations all over the world (i have wondered how he did that) and he lived in a "mansion" (yea well thats subjective) wow...his housekeeping staff did a really bad job, that place was a mess....:D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Buzz kill.......throw in a dvd or pull the covers over your head til the celebration is over for heaven's sake. Exercise those freedoms you have.

Yeah sure, many of the nation just don't get it may be a great thing but many who are falling all over themselves with the news think this is the end of terrorism.

People all over the world are now very concern about attacks in the west over this, some are now changing how they do things - staying away from mass transit is one change - and others see him now as a martyr of his cause and a rallying point for recruitment. Al Queda is not a static organization and Bin Laden wasn't the king pin that held it together.

Yet it seems while we are celebrating this Obama achievement, we forget someone in the intelligent forces of our "ally" knew where he was and didn't tell us which should be asked. We seem to equate this to WW2 where we were attacked and took down two nations within 4 years while now we had problems finding one man for 9.

What should have been done was not to use this as a political move for a campaign talking point but rather keep it quiet, turn him over to the Israelis for burial (they know how to bury terrorists the RIGHT WAY) and seek out who knew what in Pakistan and take them out too. We then should have told Pakistan what we are going to do - leave.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
.... People all over the world are now very concern about attacks in the west over this, .....

But *they* always hold that threat over our heads. So now they're going to threaten to do something they threaten to do all the time, and also attempt to do in some cases which are thwarted?

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Yeah sure, many of the nation just don't get it may be a great thing but many who are falling all over themselves with the news think this is the end of terrorism.

I know of no one that is naive enough to think this.

People all over the world are now very concern about attacks in the west over this, some are now changing how they do things - staying away from mass transit is one change - and others see him now as a martyr of his cause and a rallying point for recruitment. Al Queda is not a static organization and Bin Laden wasn't the king pin that held it together.

The changes in "routine" that you speak of could come at any time for any reason, it doesn't have to be because of the US finding and killing any one terrorist.

Yet it seems while we are celebrating this Obama achievement, we forget someone in the intelligent forces of our "ally" knew where he was and didn't tell us which should be asked. We seem to equate this to WW2 where we were attacked and took down two nations within 4 years while now we had problems finding one man for 9.

I don't see this as an Obama achievement, it was a team effort going back several years (as far as desk sitters go) and ALL of the glory should go to the troops that have fought for this for years.

What should have been done was not to use this as a political move for a campaign talking point but rather keep it quiet, turn him over to the Israelis for burial (they know how to bury terrorists the RIGHT WAY) and seek out who knew what in Pakistan and take them out too. We then should have told Pakistan what we are going to do - leave.

I think I'll submit a suggestion on your behalf. Seeing how no one can get ANYTHING correct in your view, the next time we find one of these dangerous terrorists, hows about we turn him over to you and you can take him home and do what you wish with him, you can keep it quiet or announce it as you see fit......jeez.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think I'll submit a suggestion on your behalf. Seeing how no one can get ANYTHING correct in your view, the next time we find one of these dangerous terrorists, hows about we turn him over to you and you can take him home and do what you wish with him, you can keep it quiet or announce it as you see fit......jeez.
Good luck on getting an agreement out of Greg...in 8 yrs I've had 2 partial and a so so agreement...*LOL*...

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I "just" found out on CNN Bin Laden took two bullets. One in the chest and one in the head. This makes this even BETTER! Thanks to the troops who executed this mission flawlessly and in under 40 minutes. HOOOAH!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I wish they would have cut his head off and put it on display!

Good job troops.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I wish they would have cut his head off and put it on display!

Good job troops.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Diesel Diva wrote in speaking to greg:

Seeing how no one can get ANYTHING correct in your view,

LOL, but Scott told another poster to ask his question to greg, because he knew everything...

For me, the word "curmudgeon" comes to mind...:p

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Diesel Diva wrote in speaking to greg:

LOL, but Scott told another poster to ask his question to greg, because he knew everything...

For me, the word "curmudgeon" comes to mind...:p

cur·mudg·eon   
[ker-muhj-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person.:p:p:p

jeff4637

Seasoned Expediter
To think that terrorism is now dead would be ludicrous. There are countries/nations/religons that want us dead. That will never stop!!! I for one do not trust my government and never will. I do however trust my military and always will because they are you and me so to speak. If my military says he is dead he in fact is. You will not get pictures or videos of the event until the military deems nessessary. I don't know how to link but just google Deep Six and read it. Our military cashes checks all the time that our dumb**s government writes you just don't hear about it,and shouldn't.IMO this is just the start of the campaign for president. This event could have taken place 2days or 9years ago.My military will not reveal any information until they deem it nessessary!!!!