Oops!

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
Will any of your former employers take you back? They know you so they they might be more willing to work with you.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Ahh, you folks are pretty hard on this repenter, after he found it's tuff to $crew the pooch, he fesses up an looks for a hand. You'd make really good company folks (you know the ones you despise) C'mon give him a break. Y'all need to understand....... It only takes one aw :censoredsign: to wipe out a couple, three thousand atta boys.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Marc: I hope you don't take Greg's words to heart, because some of us do understand what the Col is saying, and agree.
I sent you an email, hope it helps.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Marc: I hope you don't take Greg's words to heart, because some of us do understand what the Col is saying, and agree.
I sent you an email, hope it helps.

Excuse me Cheri, but I do mean what I say and have very good reasons to say it... and should be taken seriously.

Come on... 20 years of doing this and not knowing what happened?

Isn't that a wakeup call to be more in control of one's self?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Greg, one of the primary effects of alcohol ingestion is a loosening of restraint - one may say & do things that they wouldn't normally be easy. (Singing karaoke is just one example)
I don't think the OP was offering excuses, just an explanation. And yes, it seems to have served as a wake up call, for him.
One night of overindulging does not equate to a serious problem, usually, and that it did in this case, is what the man is trying to overcome. I hope he can find more understanding than you're offering, in his efforts to atone for his error.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Marc,

Keep trying.

I got out of trucking for a while, but before I decided to get back into it I sent out over 50 resumes and I did not get one response.

Imagine how I felt with a squeaky clean record, three degrees and an excellent work history.

Often times we must go through valley so we can appreciate the mountain top experience when it happens.

marcm88

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, I was driving for A Blair Enterprises and they have offered to take me back, but no trucks available ust now. Thanks

marcm88

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks to all of you for your responses. I know I did a stupid thing. I don't really need anyone to tell me that. I only put my story on the post to see if anyone had similiar experinces and might offer a little advice or offer a solution. Believe me friends, I'm beating myself up over this with no help required. The thing I need is HOPE. Thanks to those who have offered some. Marc

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you ingested enough alcohol to cause you to go into a blackout, you have crossed the line, as far as "control" is concerned. Your credibility is shot, in the eyes of employers.

You will need to find that rare person who will give you a chance to redeem yourself and, to quote a popular AA phrase:
"trudge the road to happy destiny".

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
Just because he tested positive don't necessarly prove he did it all by himself. Many years ago I was trying to get a job at the Post Office. I was at a friends house drinking beer and shooting the bull . I smoked a pipe at the time and when I went to the bathroom my friends thought it would be so funny to see what would happen if they put a little pot in the bowl. These so called friends knew very well that I was having a hard time and really needed that job but they put the stuff in the pipe anyway. The only thing that saved my butt is that I cleaned and refilled the bowl when I came back. I only found out about the pot several days latter when they were joking around and laughing about it. Sometimes, to change your life for the better you have to change your friends. Thats what I did.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes it was pre-employment. Does it matter?

Yeah, it does. It's a test you knew was coming, and you dropped dirty, anyway.

Carriers and insurance companies are gonna look at it as: One can only wonder what kind of stuff you would be doing when you think a drug test isn't right around the corner. That's not the kind of risk that most carriers and insurance companies are willing to take.

Far as I know, that's gonna be on your DAC report for 3 years.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
WOW!

It amazes me how much this thread has changed from the first post down 3 pages to this point. I've heard some B.S. in my life but this takes the cake....and I was a siding salesman for 20 years!

marcm88

Seasoned Expediter
Amen to that. I was among a large group of old "friends" and aquaintances. Many who probobly don't understand the strict guidelines attached to safety senistive jobs such as ours. No one has fessed up to spiking my drinks, so I have to assume that I may have done in my "wrong" mind, something I never would have considered in my right mind. I really only have a few trustd friends left at this stage in life, if only I had stuck to their company. I thought I had done everything right. I had a designated driver,(brother) and thought I could go out on the town and have fun without worrying about the ever present DUI task force. See what happens when you think? The older I get, the more I like my dog. Marc

marcm88

Seasoned Expediter
True enough, The only thing on my side is that I went out of pocket to prove that I,m not some kind of "druggie". The question now is did I throw my money out the window or will this really help me at some point in the future?