One-month-old baby ‘raped and battered’

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
To evoke outrage from those whose emotions are on a hair-trigger.

I don't believe that is true.

I tend to think that someone read a story and was sickened by it. If it is true it is almost an overwhelming story and it would be a common response to see input from others to try to help make sense of it. As if it is ever possible to makes sense of evil when it shows it's face.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter

I tend to think that someone read a story and was sickened by it. If it is true it is almost an overwhelming story and it would be a common response to see input from others to try to help make sense of it. As if it is ever possible to makes sense of evil when it shows it's face.

No one can make sense from an irrational act. Talk it to death and it's still an irrational act, if true. Granted, the topic on an emotional level is radioactive red meat. Perfect for pot-stirring.

Harming a child is not a rational act. Irrational acts do not have rational answers. Society, however, may find perpertrators of such heinous acts to be criminally insane.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No one can make sense from an irrational act. Talk it to death and it's still an irrational act, if true. Granted, the topic on an emotional level is radioactive red meat. Perfect for pot-stirring.

Harming a child is not a rational act. Irrational acts do not have rational answers. Society, however, may find perpertrators of such heinous acts to be criminally insane.

It is an attempt to make sense. That does not mean it often succeeds. To assume that the only reason to post this is to "stir the pot" assumes that one has no heart.

Criminal insanity is a possible reason for such an act. So is just being evil.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
If this person is guilty, I stand by my original post. I think the battered chicken comment was in bad taste...so there!!!

I believe that is in order for anyone who molests a child.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I need therapy...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

As contradictions go, the above is absolutely world class.
The article wasn't posted to "see input from others to try to help make sense of it", because it is about an act that doesn't and can't ever, under any circumstances imaginable make sense to rational people.
Sharing such a story is a common response to solicit outrage, and my question is to what purpose? Because outrage is the only emotion evoked by such 'news', how does sharing or discussing it promote anything but a vigilante response?:confused:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I feel I must reiterate again that the Sun is a gossip newspaper and as the Police Chief said .....

"Some media articles today contained speculation about what has happened to the baby. This speculation has generated unhelpful rumours and increased community tension in this part of Gravesend."

The baby is doing well and continues to improve.

Until the facts are released we have no idea what put that baby in the hospital.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Im thinking that this baby boy did not do this to himself.There for someone did this and when that person is found guilty they should recive the same treatment they inflicted on the little boy.They should then be taken out back and put down.

As far as why it was posted dont know the OPs intition.However why is it that when people show their outrage at stuff like this it is a bad thing???????Myself I belive somethings no matter how bad they are need to be talked about.If not for the sole purpose to remind us all of how wrong something can be.Without people getting outraged,without people getting upset and sickend by things they become ok.

As far fetched as it may seem to some there are things that to most people are and always will be taboo and wrong.Just the same for every thing that most see as being wrong there are also those that see nothing wrong with certian things.

Here is an example

Endorsement of adult-child sex on rise -- The Washington Times

50-60 years ago if a man beat his wife it was not really talked about.Then as womens rights groups got bigger and bigger and the outrage over a man hitting a women was seen on a much bigger level it became a problem that the powers that be seen as haveing to deal with it.Now when a man hits a women he is put in jail as he should be.

Same as with people who were gay For the most part it was looked at as being taboo.Then as the outrage grew of how wrong it was to treat people different because of who they slept with things started to change for the better.

Same goes for slaves.There are many example of where outrage helped changed peoples way of thinking about things for the better.Just the same as OUTRAGE helps to remind people of the things that are just wrong help keep the evil from becoming normal

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Im thinking that this baby boy did not do this to himself.There for someone did this and when that person is found guilty they should recive the same treatment they inflicted on the little boy.They should then be taken out back and put down.

As far as why it was posted dont know the OPs intition.However why is it that when people show their outrage at stuff like this it is a bad thing???????Myself I belive somethings no matter how bad they are need to be talked about.If not for the sole purpose to remind us all of how wrong something can be.Without people getting outraged,without people getting upset and sickend by things they become ok.

As far fetched as it may seem to some there are things that to most people are and always will be taboo and wrong.Just the same for every thing that most see as being wrong there are also those that see nothing wrong with certian things.

Here is an example

Endorsement of adult-child sex on rise -- The Washington Times

50-60 years ago if a man beat his wife it was not really talked about.Then as womens rights groups got bigger and bigger and the outrage over a man hitting a women was seen on a much bigger level it became a problem that the powers that be seen as haveing to deal with it.Now when a man hits a women he is put in jail as he should be.

Same as with people who were gay For the most part it was looked at as being taboo.Then as the outrage grew of how wrong it was to treat people different because of who they slept with things started to change for the better.

Same goes for slaves.There are many example of where outrage helped changed peoples way of thinking about things for the better.Just the same as OUTRAGE helps to remind people of the things that are just wrong help keep the evil from becoming normal

I am trying to make clear that we do not know what happened to the baby.
Yes he is in hospital for some reason that is not good, but we do not know the facts of the case.
The couple in question were released on bail.

Case of baby shaking? Abuse? we just do not know.

Blood pressures can rise if and when the facts support what has been speculated about.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As contradictions go, the above is absolutely world class.
The article wasn't posted to "see input from others to try to help make sense of it", because it is about an act that doesn't and can't ever, under any circumstances imaginable make sense to rational people.
Sharing such a story is a common response to solicit outrage, and my question is to what purpose? Because outrage is the only emotion evoked by such 'news', how does sharing or discussing it promote anything but a vigilante response?:confused:

Thank you Dr cheri.....for your expert analysis of what I was thinking....:rolleyes:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
OVM wrote:

Thank you Dr cheri.....for your expert analysis of what I was thinking....:rolleyes:

LOL, I was thinking that Juju wrote that....I mean who better to know what you think then your wife....:D

But then something tells me Juju has more goin on then to tell you what you are thing...;)