One Man Fight to Save the Expedited Trucking Industry

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No No never wanted it to be conceived as a racist rant. I can't help what members want to think or how they react!
Maybe you should hear what people are saying and be a little more select in your wording instead of simply saying, I can't help what others think. People are telling you something about your style of writing and you can help correct that rather than turn a deaf ear.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have never said that all are engaging in illegal practice those are your words.The issue once again are the one that are in illegal practices and we can bring this to the light.Your words again about putting them on a boat,and eliminated them from Expedite industry.
Yes, those are my words. I kinda had to use my words in order to tell you the message you are conveying to others. Whether it is your intention or not, as Dave noted, it comes off sounding like a racist rant.

If the Russians were the problem, I and many others here would be right there with you on this, because we're most interested in the problem. But the problem is, the Russians aren't the problem. The Russians are merely the easiest, most convenient group to point at.

Being a Staff Member at this forum seem to make you and expert on everything to do with expediting,why is that,I assume you do drive.
You got it backwards. You have to be an expert on everything to do with expediting before they'll hire you as Staff Member. There's a pretty intense pre-employment test and everything.

Why do you always find a way bring you point of view into play.
Beeeecuz it's an open forum designed specifically for people to bring their opinions into play.

Moderator position seems to come with a lot latitude as to how you feel and how you can treat members you disagree with.
The Moderator position has no bearing on how I feel about anything, but it has far less latitude in how I can treat those I disagree with, that's for sure. As a regular member I can get away with a lot, but as a Moderator I have to strongly censor what I post. But even in disagreements, even the most addled amongst us (and they know who they are) know the difference when I'm making a personal post and when I'm wearing a Mod Hat.

I didn't come here to being ill well and get into a pissing match with anyone. Please don't call me a bigot for that I'm not. I'm maybe overzealous in trying to get support on this issue.
I didn't call you bigot. But, as others have noted, your posts make you come off as being one. You don't need to be less zealous about it, but it wouldn't hurt if you mentioned "Russians" a little less and concentrated your efforts on the actual problems rather than a particular group who is participating in those problems.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Even with a good union, you lost 4 jobs! You tell me where the problem lays.
I can't win here.I've never been in a Union, Little Joe made that statement I was explaining what I think the,author said. Little Joe worked under 4 Labor unions,not me.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't win here.I've never been in a Union, Little Joe made that statement I was explaining what I think the,author said. Little Joe worked under 4 Labor unions,not me.
I know. I quoted little Joe.

Ya need to relax.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know. I quoted little Joe.

Ya need to relax.
Give some thought about what LOS would say in this situation if he were here.

We need a good old fashion Hunker! Ya that's what we need! A Hunker!

Reactions: Murraycroexp

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
A word to the wise: If you want to get anywhere with this, you're just gonna have to get off of your "Russian" kick. As long as you make it about Russian drivers, you're dead in the water. All you end up achieving is to make you sound like an incurable racist, and however sound the rest of what you're trying to do is, you're stopped by your own apparent racism/nationalism. Nobody in positions of authority will take you seriously as long as they think you're on this because of Russians.

If you make this about ridding the roads of unfit drivers/trucks, you stand a chance. Tell people it's about Russian drivers, you're stopped before you get started. Capiche?
Ok then.....eastern Europeans! Or maybe drivers formally know as Russians. How about over weight under insured European freight :censoredsign:s? Help me out here!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ok then.....eastern Europeans! Or maybe drivers formally know as Russians. How about over weight under insured European freight :censoredsign:s? Help me out here!
I think the word you're looking for is "OVM"

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
It's clear at this point that maybe some people are a bit racist and just don't like Europeans coming here and hauling freight. Most days I enjoy what I do and I take pride in doing it. When I started in this business the playing field was much more level. Because of all the freight :censoredsign:s the integrity of this business has clearly taken a hit. Let's get back to discussing what (if anything) we can do collectively to help fix it. Drivers and company's alike. I don't have the answers but there's a lot of smart people in this business, I would think that over time it can start to get better. "Level the playing field"

Reactions: deadhead

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Maybe you should hear what people are saying and be a little more select in your wording instead of simply saying, I can't help what others think. People are telling you something about your style of writing and you can help correct that rather than turn a deaf ear.
my style of writing requires a tag.
Yes, those are my words. I kinda had to use my words in order to tell you the message you are conveying to others. Whether it is your intention or not, as Dave noted, it comes off sounding like a racist rant.I.m not a racist.

If the Russians were the problem, I and many others here would be right there with you on this, because we're most interested in the problem. But the problem is, the Russians aren't the problem. The Russians are merely the easiest, most convenient group to point at.

You got it backwards. You have to be an expert on everything to do with expediting before they'll hire you as Staff Member. There's a pretty intense pre-employment test and everything.

Beeeecuz it's an open forum designed specifically for people to bring their opinions into play.

The Moderator position has no bearing on how I feel about anything, but it has far less latitude in how I can treat those I disagree with, that's for sure. As a regular member I can get away with a lot, but as a Moderator I have to strongly censor what I post. But even in disagreements, even the most addled amongst us (and they know who they are) know the difference when I'm making a personal post and when I'm wearing a Mod Hat.

I didn't call you bigot. But, as others have noted, your posts make you come off as being one. You don't need to be less zealous about it, but it wouldn't hurt if you mentioned "Russians" a little less and concentrated your efforts on the actual problems rather than a particular group who is participating in those problems.
It appears to me that you have a lot of people here that look up to you,for all your pearls of wisdom you find pleasure quoting all the printed facts you can find.However when it comes been objective and you post your quick little jabs like "this no contest" shows to me that should stand down and look to see if you have your Mod cap on. Its easy set there belittle people or even create a diversion like playing the race card,racist,bigot,bashing people.Once racist came up you were very quick jump on it.The topic is" How can we as drivers can help to get a level playing field." If your members can't stay on the topic,or stop making this personal like telling about by writing style,isn't even on topic. I'm not a writer I'm a truck driver just like them.Weather they like it or not this issue is in there face.Now laying all this aside let open a Think Tank offer up ideals that are helpful that we drivers can do. Don't shoot the messenger even if he an easy target.
It's clear at this point that maybe some people are a bit racist and just don't like Europeans coming here and hauling freight. Most days I enjoy what I do and I take pride in doing it. When I started in this business the playing field was much more level. Because of all the freight :censoredsign:s the integrity of this business has clearly taken a hit. Let's get back to discussing what (if anything) we can do collectively to help fix it. Drivers and company's alike. I don't have the answers but there's a lot of smart people in this business, I would think that over time it can start to get better. "Level the playing field"

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
[QUOTE="Turtle, post: 739628,

.[/QUOTE]
BRA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA wow thanks I needed that

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't shoot the messenger even if he an easy target.

As much as people keep telling you to not take disagreement personally, you can't seem to help it. The more people see that, the more they'll want to steer clear of jumping on your bandwagon.

I think you have another problem. You seem to be more than happy to talk about the problem, but when someone gives you a suggestion about something you could actually do, you wanted to assign the hard work to the poster that gave you the suggestion. I'm talking about Ateam's idea of composing a flier outlining the problem. You were more that happy to have him do the hard work of composing and producing the flier, then you'd be more than happy to do the easy work of passing it out.

I'm just trying to point out a couple things I see that suggest you may not be suited to the task you're trying to take on...