One Man Fight to Save the Expedited Trucking Industry

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Seems the OP is trying to unionize one of the most anti-union segments in the transportation industry. How are you gonna do it? Getting us all on-board mad at the Penske trucks driven by foreign labor? Good luck, you may need it.

Look, I'm no fan of illegal and dangerous vehicles being on the road. But-- there are already laws that cover that. A Penske truck that has a sign that says he's rated under 10K, but you know he's gotta be well over that-- he's illegal, and the troopers will have a field-day with him IF you can tell what you know and prove it if asked.

Howsomever-- if you're asking us to join your bandwagon to get mad at them dirty ferriners coming in and taking your job-- you may have an uphill fight. Most everybody here is the descendant somewhere in the past of "ferriners"-- many of whom were not well liked when they came here. The Irish and the Italians just to name two that I can think of. There used to be help-wanted signs that had the caveat that if you were Irish don't bother to apply. So--- your bogeyman is Eastern European-- specifically Russian. They maybe come here looking for the same chance your ancestors came here looking for. So you respond "Hey, I've got mine-- pull up the ladder" and try to get as many of us to sign on to that sentiment as you can. OK, whatever.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Boys feels are really take over this issue,my point once again is enforcement of those laws that are already in place.Lets take a deep breath and think about this issue.We are small group of the trucking industry and we use to be a very important part of.Where could a company pick the phone and get a truck to come to there door pick up there load drive it often over night and drop it a customer door step the next morning.That was special and we got paid more for.Now we at a point where we do the same thing for less than LTL.Times change and our standards have been lower because nobody sold our service as like Special Delivery.Go the the Post Office next day,overnight, before noon delivery it cost more for early delivery.Were not the Post Office were better than that,and I like think we are the cream of the corp in the trucking industry.$1.00 a mile is not enough,we at a point if we seat long enough in the parking some of our fellow driver will lower there standards even more to pay the bills.Union no way Jose,working for peanuts is not the answer.Once again some may we lotto winners and do this for fun,some do it because that don't know any better,I do it because I can and I like it.I've earn my bones and I'm sure all of you here also.People can be green and if they think they can come into this industry and lower our standards and force me to work for less is wrong in my book.Take $4/5000 trucks and they can park em there the sun don't shine.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your the man......that was my goal when I started out.If you ever run for President I'll vote for you.
I'll vote for you also, but only if Jesse Ventura is your running mate for V.P. Wow! I'm so excited I almost....

Reactions: davekc

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Hey, I'm not sure how that has anything to do with what others do, maybe I'm just not comprehending, sorry. BTW I also have a sprinter. We all have our own feelings and opinions and need to go with those. What works for you or I might differ for the third guy. It makes us unique.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Hey, I'm not sure how that has anything to do with what others do, maybe I'm just not comprehending, sorry. BTW I also have a sprinter. We all have our own feelings and opinions and need to go with those. What works for you or I might differ for the third guy. It makes us unique.
Do you want to talk about Sprinters? I'm sorry you don't understand, your early post was not caring what others feel I and others concerns and about keep your stress levels low by what other do.We are all unique some more than others.You seem to be a sharp young man,where you ever in the Military?If so where ever ordered to do something you did like or wouldn't that do if that order wasn't given? For every action there a reaction,and some time we all fellow some sense of duty.If you have ever served you know what I mean,there things like God, Country, and the Corp.Its a brotherhood something I fear want happen with Expeditors.From what i've heard I would really hate to be in fire fight with some and have to worry they cut and run.You don't know anything about me,or my background, like I don't know yours. Why do you want to bust my chops on this issue if you want to look the other way and hope it goes way,thats fine I understand.Don't take issue with me for trying to bring to to light.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, after that last I figure you just cashed in whatever credit you have here. Jumping on Xiggi because he's not instantly jumping onto your bandwagon? Yep-- that's the way to influence people and make friends here. Keep it up. (/s)

Reactions: Murraycroexp

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
I'll vote for you also, but only if Jesse Ventura is your running mate for V.P. Wow! I'm so excited I almost....
I bet Jesse would wade in with both feet and support this issue,remember he was a Seal he knows what made this country great.Fight for what you believe in stand up and be counted, go to the polls and cast a vote.The last 8 yrs prove if you get out the vote your dog Spot can get in the White House.Can a dog run?Thats right he has to be a lawyer.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
I just love expediting. :D
Me too,
OK, after that last I figure you just cashed in whatever credit you have here. Jumping on Xiggi because he's not instantly jumping onto your bandwagon? Yep-- that's the way to influence people and make friends here. Keep it up. (/s)
I don't feel I jumped anyone. I reply to what he said,Sprinters and how he feel about not caring how people feel.
is it worth fighting for?

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
I feel that I came on to somebody playground and stole the basketball. Is this an open forum are there a few here that run things.Is that it. It seems to be the same people firing up the flack!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you want to talk about Sprinters? I'm sorry you don't understand, your early post was not caring what others feel I and others concerns and about keep your stress levels low by what other do.We are all unique some more than others.You seem to be a sharp young man,where you ever in the Military?If so where ever ordered to do something you did like or wouldn't that do if that order wasn't given? For every action there a reaction,and some time we all fellow some sense of duty.If you have ever served you know what I mean,there things like God, Country, and the Corp.Its a brotherhood something I fear want happen with Expeditors.From what i've heard I would really hate to be in fire fight with some and have to worry they cut and run.You don't know anything about me,or my background, like I don't know yours. Why do you want to bust my chops on this issue if you want to look the other way and hope it goes way,thats fine I understand.Don't take issue with me for trying to bring to to light.

Nice response, now it's a fire fight to save expediting. Even making those comparisons to what I stated is ludicrous and I'm not talking about the band. A young man, lol not even close. Your the one that brought up sprinters I was making a comment relevant to your post, that's how things work in forums. If you notice I never once said you had a dumb idea, don't do it, or anything else. It's not my thing why would you possibly have a problem with that?

Everyone doesn't have to agree here, if reporting, taking pictures is what you want to do go for it, just don't expect everyone to jump on your bandwagon. Some people like walmart some prefer Meijers.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me too,

I don't feel I jumped anyone. I reply to what he said,Sprinters and how he feel about not caring how people feel.
is it worth fighting for?

Show me where I said anything about not caring about people. Your making things up now. Again it's a forum, it's an open debate all ideas are welcome.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I feel that I came on to somebody playground and stole the basketball. Is this an open forum are there a few here that run things.Is that it. It seems to be the same people firing up the flack!

You misread Xiggi's comment, where he said he doesn't let the crazy things others do make him crazy too, as a statement of not caring what other people do, and you got flack for that, because Xiggi is known to us as one of the good guys.
I don't drive a Sprinter, but if I had the info you have on illegal trucks, I'd take ATeam's advice and report it to the officials in whatever state seems appropriate, hopefully in time to get it stopped before delivery. You mentioned not having an address for Washington, so get a Commercial Motor Carriers Atlas, which has relevant contact info for every state. See something, say something - preferably with photos, lol.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You misread Xiggi's comment, where he said he doesn't let the crazy things others do make him crazy too, as a statement of not caring what other people do, and you got flack for that, because Xiggi is known to us as one of the good guys.
I don't drive a Sprinter, but if I had the info you have on illegal trucks, I'd take ATeam's advice and report it to the officials in whatever state seems appropriate, hopefully in time to get it stopped before delivery. You mentioned not having an address for Washington, so get a Commercial Motor Carriers Atlas, which has relevant contact info for every state. See something, say something - preferably with photos, lol.
Really? Where did you get that info from? Lol poke

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you don't have the information for contacting Washington--- shame on you! It's 2015, man! First, like Cheri said that info is in the motor-carriers atlas. Get one at any decent truck-stop. Second--- you've got a computer of some sort--- you're posting here so you must have something. Google is your friend when you're looking for information.

Special-edition note: I don't have that knowledge off the top of my head, but know where to get it. But then, I'm not the one taking photos of "ferriners" trucks and trying to get other expediters to join me in my favorite witch-hunt. So, deadhead, reckon since it's your hobby you need to figure out how to make it work.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
If you don't have the information for contacting Washington--- shame on you! It's 2015, man! First, like Cheri said that info is in the motor-carriers atlas. Get one at any decent truck-stop. Second--- you've got a computer of some sort--- you're posting here so you must have something. Google is your friend when you're looking for information.

Special-edition note: I don't have that knowledge off the top of my head, but know where to get it. But then, I'm not the one taking photos of "ferriners" trucks and trying to get other expediters to join me in my favorite witch-hunt. So, deadhead, reckon since it's your hobby you need to figure out how to make it work.
Thank you for your input,I deleted all the ferriners photos,does this mean you want be writing your Congressman on behalf all the others expediters you speaking for,as far Special Education I only had to ride the short bus for a year.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Writing my Congressperson wouldn't do a lot of good anyway. Yes-- she-- so the "Congressperson". But at least I know who she is and where to get contact information if I did choose to contact her. Trying to get her to sign onto this: Good luck, yer gonna need it.

I voted for the other guy---- not that it did much good, since they re-drew the district lines I think my Congressperson represents me "in name only" and there's not much I can do about it-- at least until power shifts Downstate and they re-draw the district lines again. Even then, nobody's promising nothing.

"All the other expediters you speaking for"? OK. Let me think about that. Did somebody take a vote and elect me their spokesman? How come I was never told this? :rolleyes:

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Thank you for your reply I'm sure Xiggi is a great guy. The ATeam not even in the game any longer ( they retired I heard) offered up some fruit (info).The most of the reply I gotten are as you can see, are some pro but then it comes to the cons.Katy bar the door, drivers don't want someone like me rubbing salt in there wounds and or being pushy as I am on this issue.Maybe if one of the other expeditor on site brought this issue up some of the good old boys would jump on that Bandwagon and ride off in the sunset.I came on this site appx 10 years ago I only used a few time for info,sale a few trucks,(Thank You EOL) This the first time a issue like his came forth and people know what up and they don't want some Rookie (million miles) like me stir the pot.They seem to like post one liners and poke fun at each other, and yes being a good old boy. One told me I wasn't making friends, I've got a lot of friends and this issue is not about friendship it about seeking common ground.I was given a phone number in Washington to call.Im going to call today and see if I get an Answer machine,I'm sure there a staff waiting get me to the right person.I got and ideal how about you take five state from the Atlas and call and I can get some of my friend to do the same we can knock that out in a day, it give you something to do besides seating in the truck stop waiting for a load.Taking Photos of those ferries does take long.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
No we're not "in this together". This is business, pure and simple.

You want solidarity? Join a labor union.

Sorry if that's cold and hard, but if it comes down to my family or yours getting groceries, I'll be sharpening my knife.
We are all in this together but some aren't smart enough to realize that.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Writing my Congressperson wouldn't do a lot of good anyway. Yes-- she-- so the "Congressperson". But at least I know who she is and where to get contact information if I did choose to contact her. Trying to get her to sign onto this: Good luck, yer gonna need it.

I voted for the other guy---- not that it did much good, since they re-drew the district lines I think my Congressperson represents me "in name only" and there's not much I can do about it-- at least until power shifts Downstate and they re-draw the district lines again. Even then, nobody's promising nothing.

"All the other expediters you speaking for"? OK. Let me think about that. Did somebody take a vote and elect me their spokesman? How come I was never told this? :rolleyes:
We know that being elected to public office is self serving,we the people... sure thing.I am glad to hear you vote its the only right we American have that the Govt hasn't taxed,(yet).Do you know how someone can get to Washington and spend 40/50 yrs in office? I think public service should be that. Term Limits, let we the people vote on that one. Lawyers ... all,almost are all lawyers, joe the plumber can't apply.The ones that got the gold makes the rules.You agree? I'm sorry you feel this issue is a witch hunt,I don't, I must say its a up hill battle getting any help from the people who seem to suffer the most if there no action.We all get up in the morning and put our pants and go to work,working people thats what we are.We don't wait for a hand out,we pay for the every social programs going. Our tag is the Middle Class. I know you get draft.I'm not here to for my health and if I have in any way offered anyone I'm sorry.