zorry

Veteran Expediter
Tough night in Boston.
I'm almost Joe's age. One period to go and I got to go to bed. :(

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Interrupting my vacation to say Wow !!!

Great series with Boston.

Doesn't get better than the original six.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Great finnish. Was just starting to think it was going to go one more game. Only game I got to watch was tonight.
Well deserved, Congrads

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Boston looked better most of the time. If it went back to Chicago I'd root for my team.
I wouldn't have bet big money. Too evenly matched.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Congrats to the Black Hawks.

photo.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A sad day for the game. It signals a return to the "THUG" game vs. the "SKILL" game. Today's game is no longer fun to watch. Might as well watch a street fight. First the lock out and now "THUG" hockey. I may just be done with the NHL.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A sad day for the game. It signals a return to the "THUG" game vs. the "SKILL" game. Today's game is no longer fun to watch. Might as well watch a street fight. First the lock out and now "THUG" hockey. I may just be done with the NHL.

Yeah, yeah, Go fly a fishing pole. :p

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I saw some fast paced, hard hitting hockey.
A good mixture of tough hockey and skilled hockey.
Maybe Joe's just too old to follow a fast game.
He's better off fishing.;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, yeah, Go fly a fishing pole. :p

You don't fly fishing poles. You DO fly fishing kites, but not in Michigan. I HAVE flown fishing kites in FL for sailfish. I don't own a fishing pole, so I could not fly one if it were a proper fishing method. You don't see many fishing poles used in Michigan that often. They are more likely to be used in the South than up here.

IF you recall, I said that I wanted an "Original 6" cup final. I also said all along that Detroit would not get out of the second round at best. I would have been all for a Chicago cup win, until I saw them play. Reminded me of Philly when they were winning cups. DIRTY!

It's more than that. It's the unruly fans. The "UFC" atmosphere. The unsportsman like attitude in the stands. I am sick of it all. It takes the fun out of watching.

We shall see what the league does, I suspect nothing, be one can hope that they crack down on the "THUGS". It would be easy, just increase the rink size to the size used in Europe. I don't know what to do about those scuzbags in the seats, other than hope they grow up.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I saw some fast paced, hard hitting hockey.
A good mixture of tough hockey and skilled hockey.
Maybe Joe's just too old to follow a fast game.
He's better off fishing.;)

Sorry, I did follow it. I saw a Chicago player named Toews, reach his stick around a ref to smack a player on the shin. I played the game. I know dirty from clean. I seen a Detroit player, I think O'Connel, hit a Hawk, a VERY dirty play, nothing done. Not to mention when Shaw hit Miller from behind, AFTER play had stopped and put him out of the game, and nothing was done. NO class, LITTLE skill.

It sucks. Yeah, I would rather fish than watch thugs play a skill game.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . just increase the rink size to the size used in Europe.

I will agree with you on this point. It really would make Hockey a better game if they would open it up and let the skaters skate.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Re: LOS Hockey players

That's just too weird!

Something does not make much sense. The NHL CLAIMS to be trying to cut down on concussions etc and yet they allowed the Hawks to continue to "thug out". Either you want to cut down on injuries, or you don't. They say one thing and allow the other. Only actions count.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
As in all aspects of life there seems to be a low number of Hockey Fans here.

I didn't see the Blackhawks "thug-out".
Saw some tough original six style hockey, like I watched in the 60s & 70s.

With all that was at stake, I would have been disappointed to see less effort from any of the teams.

Wondering what others saw. Did I overlook things because my team was winning ?
Is Joe over reacting ala Joe ?

The Hawks were taking it too. Plenty of after game medicating in their locker room.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As in all aspects of life there seems to be a low number of Hockey Fans here.

I didn't see the Blackhawks "thug-out".
Saw some tough original six style hockey, like I watched in the 60s & 70s.

With all that was at stake, I would have been disappointed to see less effort from any of the teams.

Wondering what others saw. Did I overlook things because my team was winning ?
Is Joe over reacting ala Joe ?

The Hawks were taking it too. Plenty of after game medicating in their locker room.

I take you did not see Toews reach around a ref to smack a Wings player on the shin, and the ref did nothing. It was not a hard it but that stuff should NOT be allowed. How about when Shaw "slew footed" Fillipa and put him out of the game? AFTER play had been stopped? Bickle even stated he was trying to hurt Kronwell. It was NOT clean, hard hitting. I did not even watch the finals, a series that I was REALLY looking forward too.

If it continues next season, I am done with the NHL. I can't believe the league is headed back in this direction.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Didn't see the Toews play. If it wasn't a vicious, intent to injure hit, then it was a gutsy move. I'll risk slipping this by to get in your head type move.

If you didn't watch Boston, you missed a series better than the Detroit series,IMHO.

Very evenly played. Very evenly refereed.

I didn't feel confident of a Hawks win until the final whistle of game six.

Series easily could have gone to Boston.

Do they still watch hockey in Canada ?
No comments from the North ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Didn't see the Toews play. If it wasn't a vicious, intent to injure hit, then it was a gutsy move. I'll risk slipping this by to get in your head type move.

If you didn't watch Boston, you missed a series better than the Detroit series,IMHO.

Very evenly played. Very evenly refereed.

I didn't feel confident of a Hawks win until the final whistle of game six.

Series easily could have gone to Boston.

Do they still watch hockey in Canada ?
No comments from the North ?

What I saw in the Hawks/Wings series was the same crap that caused me to stop watching hockey in the 70's. Philly all over again. I can't STAND hitting for hittings sake, I HATE when players TRY to injure other players.

As I said, IF it continues, I am done. I don't watch the UFC either.

I have just about stopped watching football for the same reason. Not to mention the criminals in that league.

I also cannot STAND the fans. The chanting of the goalies name etc. POOR SPORTSMANSHIP! It is almost scary the way some fans are almost frothing at the mouth, pounding on the glass etc. DISGUSTING!

I did not miss a thing missing the Cup final. Too bad, I was REALLY looking forward to that series too.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It was good old fashion, in your face hockey. Terrible Ted would have been proud.