On To Chicago!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Detroit Red Wings, a team who many said would not even make the playoffs, finished off the Ducks in game 7 by a score of 3-2. The Ducks were the second seed.

Now it's on to take on the Hawks. This MAY be a good series but I believe this is where the Wings season ends. It is, however, the playoff and ANYTHING can happen. The Wings are getting better with each game. Only time will tell.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Detroit always makes it interesting.
Like Nicholas Cage. Down to the last minute.
Cool, let's get ready to play hockey !!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Detroit always makes it interesting.
Like Nicholas Cage. Down to the last minute.
Cool, let's get ready to play hockey !!!

They are now a rather young, inexperienced team, prone to mistakes. They are STILL the Red Wings and have that attitude. I like what I see and am REALLY looking forward to next season.

I called this a couple of months ago, with help from my "private sources". I said that they would make the playoffs, win the first round and go out in the second.

The ONLY wild card, besides the "Wings" attitude is that they are too young and foolish to realize that they should lose this series!

It could turn out to be better than I think it might be.

Let's hope it's close and goes 7!

Every game these young guys play is really boosting their confidence. This experience of these playoffs is going to really pay off down the road.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'd be happy with four. And you know how that would probably turn out.

They have to be a little tired.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd be happy with four. And you know how that would probably turn out.

They have to be a little tired.

I bet they are. That was one hard series with the Ducks.

Four is not any fun. It's best when the outcome is in question with 4 seconds left in the third period of game 7! THEN it is a REAL series.

Two REAL hockey team, Original Six Teams. At least the people from those towns KNOW what hockey is, what a puck is and what ice is! LOL!!

It was a LOT more fun when that was the league. Back then I could name EVERY player on EVERY team, position they played, stats etc.

I say 5 or 6. Don't expect a sweep or 7.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The wings may even go to one more series.
If they can get tickets ;)

Don't get your head too far up your nose! Winning the "President's Trophy" does NOT insure a Cup! Only 7 prior winners have won the "Cup". :p

Just in case you may have forgotten, the last team to do so was, OF COURSE, the Detroit Red Wings in 2008!

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I already gave you my predictions for this series. Chicago in 5 or 6. I checked with my "private sources" and they concur. UNLESS, the "Curse of the President's Trophy" gets in the way!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I already gave you my predictions for this series. Chicago in 5 or 6. I checked with my "private sources" and they concur. UNLESS, the "Curse of the President's Trophy" gets in the way!

Finally Layout makes a statement that 95% of the interested readers will agree with.
Win or lose, it's usually fun when the original six get together.
I wish it had stopped growing much sooner,too.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fixed it. When the NHL realigned, they should have made one division original 6.

No, then you could never have an Original Six Cup Final.

From a NHL blog:

"On a historic note, this is the first season since 1996 that all of the Original Six teams are in the playoffs, which will be great for the league."

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, then you could never have an Original Six Cup Final.

From a NHL blog:

"On a historic note, this is the first season since 1996 that all of the Original Six teams are in the playoffs, which will be great for the league."

Good point.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Series off to a good start.

Reading a recap the hawks put 28 shots on Howard in 29 minutes. Never saw him play.

Hopefully I'll see Saturday's victory.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Series off to a good start.

Reading a recap the hawks put 28 shots on Howard in 29 minutes. Never saw him play.

Hopefully I'll see Saturday's victory.

Not so fast, hockey skate breath!:cool: The Wings spanked the hawks today!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm at the beach so I didn't see Saturday's victory.

I was careful not to say Saturday's HAWK's victory.

I also know Detroit is a good team.
Now off to read the box score. Spanked ???

zorry

Veteran Expediter
OK, 4-1 qualifies to be called a spanking.

It's cool, there's more hockey to be played, although I think they scheduled too much time off.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Youse guys outta pay more attention when I tell you about this game of hockey. I said Chicago in 5 o 6. I did NOT expect the Wings to split in Chicago, makes it more likely to go 6 now. It could well go seven.

The Wings were very tired for game 1. They seldom play well right after coming back off a west coast trip. Now they are ready to play.

It's an REAL Original Six Series now!

This 4-1 score was FAR different than the 4-1 game one score. In game one the Wings played the Hawks even. Howard held them in in period two and fatigue caught up in the 3RD. HOWEVER, one of the Hawks goals was into an empty net.

In game two the played close to even in the 1ST and Detroit dominated in the 2ND and 3RD. ALL 4 Detroit goals were 5 on 5 goals.

Last edited: