On To Chicago!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Was that 4 or 5 shots on net in the third period ?

Saw last 5 minutes . Did it qualify as "a spankin" ?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Was that 4 or 5 shots on net in the third period ?

Saw last 5 minutes . Did it qualify as "a spankin" ?

Ouch! That was a major spanking!

spanking.gif

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Never been to Joe Lewis, but I imagine it's similar to the old stadium.

More teeth are lost in the stands than on the ice.

Opps. I meant the old Chicago Stadium.

Pretty similar to the Olympia. Except my first season tickets were behind a post.
Each year for four years I got better seats, the last two in the United Center.

Ah, to be a man of leisure...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Opps. I meant the old Chicago Stadium.

Pretty similar to the Olympia. Except my first season tickets were behind a post.
Each year for four years I got better seats, the last two in the United Center.

Ah, to be a man of leisure...

Olympia Stadium
Chicago Stadium
Maple Leaf Garden

These were hockey palaces, with the likes never to be seen again. How sad.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Was that 4 or 5 shots on net in the third period ? Saw last 5 minutes . Did it qualify as "a spankin" ?
It was NOT a hockey game, it was BRAWL! It was DISGUSTING to watch, no matter who may have won. I cannot STAND IT when the skill game is tossed away for body slams. I DON'T watch pro wrestling and IF the next game in Detroit is played the same, I am turning it off. I really hope that we don't return to the cram and slam game. I am 100% of making ALL NHL rinks LARGER, to open up the game. THAT would go a LONG way to stop the stupidity I saw last night. The NHL should be ashamed. There should have been some season, rest of this year and all of next, bans for some players last night. Sickening.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I saw one penalty I believe in the 5 minutes I watched. It looked to me the Wings were saving their energy for Mondays game.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I saw one penalty I believe in the 5 minutes I watched. It looked to me the Wings were saving their energy for Mondays game.

It was DISGUSTING. IF Monday's game is like the last, I am done. Chicago was nastier than Detroit, BUT, ONLY in degrees. It was NOT hockey. It was a street brawl. NO fun to watch. I would say the same if Detroit had won. It was NOT sport. :mad:

I DON'T want to see a return to that style of play. Those who have no SKILL, HIT! Pathetic.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
They have skill. Both teams. Sometimes you need to change the tempo, or your style, to win.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
To quote LOS:

Back to Chicago

Life is Fine

Edit, should be ON TO CHICAGO

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Great series!! As everyone predicted, the Hawks will move on. Didn't see any posts after game 6.

Feel free to comment now. Except Wesmicher who may not be able to post here according to his new rule in post 34. :)

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Great series!! As everyone predicted, the Hawks will move on. Didn't see any posts after game 6.

Was busy looking for my little corner to retreat to untill next season. :)
But as you said,, Great Series so no reason to tuck tail or back pedal..
Hawks had a good season and I hope they finnish good..Best of Luck to em...God knows they will need it.:cool:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I almost posted at the end of regulation that whoever won the OT deserved to go on.

I hope they continue on. It won't be easy winning 8 more.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have always rooted for the team that eliminates my team.

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

6.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am glad the series is over. I cannot STAND the type of play that the NHL is returning to. Low skill thugs. IF I were in charge of the NHL I would have suspended several players for the remainder of the playoffs. I quit watching hockey for several years due to this type of play. Might as well watch the UFC. I saw some really foul play in this series.

The fans are not much better than the players. NO CLASS. I cannot STAND the chanting of the opposing goal tenders name, etc. Sounds like two year old babies.

I am going to have to decide if I am done with the NHL or not. It is not quite as bad during the regular season.

Good luck to the thugs from Chicago, the thugs from Detroit gave a good shot but came up short.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If they're good enough to beat my team, they have to be good enough to go all the way.

Go Hawks.

Last edited: