On the Road Recipes

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Coco,

What do you call your creation and can we use your screen name on the recipe?

XCountryTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Meatloaf in a Mug

"You can easily make a single serving of meatloaf with this fast and simple recipe."

1 slice white bread, torn into pieces
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 pound ground beef
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Place the torn bread into a small bowl, and pour in the milk and
Worcestershire sauce; set aside for a few minutes for the bread to absorb
the liquid. Add the ground beef, green onion, seasoned salt, and pepper to
the bread; mix well and place into a 10 ounce, microwave-safe mug.
Cook in the microwave at 70 percent power until the meatloaf is firm and no
longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 1/2 minutes depending on the microwave.
Remove the meatloaf from the microwave, and allow to stand 2 minutes before
serving.

I haven't tried it. Jason will like this

XCountryTeam

Seasoned Expediter
I haven't tried this YET but if it works..Oh boy are we in trouble!!!!!!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 large coffee mug
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract

Add dry ingredients to mug. Mix well.
Add the egg. Mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil. Mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (optional) and vanilla extract. Mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The
cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT!

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now
we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day
or night!

jmore1276

Seasoned Expediter
1 loaf bread....Walmart.

I lb Turkey...Walmart.

Free condiments from MacD's or wherever you can find them free.

Optional Cheese.

Viola!!! Turkey sandwiches for everyone !!!!!!!!

YOU ARE WELCOME :) :)

jmore1276

Seasoned Expediter
Peanut butter
Milk chocolate chips
2 slices bread
butter
powdered sugar

Butter one slice of bread, and carefulle spread peanut butter on other side, place it in the sandwich maker and top with chocolate chips. Place second buttered slice on top. Close lid and let it toast. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. You just made dessert or a good snack.

Does this come with a free ambulance ride after we slip into the diabetic coma and cardiac arrest or is that extra? Hahaha. Does sound delicious, I'll probably try it. Come visit me in ICU..promise?

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
Found this and thought it was worth a shot. Having tried it I knew I had to share:

MICROWAVE ITALIAN STYLE CHICKEN BREASTS

2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 can tomato sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Dip chicken breasts in eggs, then crumb mixture.

To make the crumb mixture, combine the bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese.

Microwave in 1 1/2 quart casserole, loosely covered with wax paper, for 5 minutes. Turn over and cover with sauce. To make the sauce, combine the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Put over top of chicken; cover loosely and cook 4 minutes. Place slices of Mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast and cook 2 minutes. Let stand 3 to 4 minutes, covered.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And when everyone is tired of plugging in that darn appliance, and tired of washing dishes, pickup a disposable grill,( includes everything, except matches), visit a grocery store, buy some steaks,dogs, chops, shrimps, whatever you fancy bar b quing, even veggies, and grill away. This unfortunatly won't work driving down the road, but for a home cooked meal ( hahahaha) this is not bad.

XCountryTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Broccoli and Shrimp pasta
1 1/4 cup serving =196 calories-9 grams fat

2 cups uncooked pasta mini bow's (i used the full box)
1/4 onion cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tbs butter
1tbs olive oil
2 cups broccoli florets
1/4 salt (didn't use)
8 oz shrimp
1/4 cup Parm cheese graded

( I added 3/4 chicken broth, 2 tbs lemon juice, grape tomatoes cut in half, and fresh asparagus)

I cook the pasta set it in a dish. In my rice cooker (or skillet) saute onion, garlic in olive oil and butter until tender. Add broccoli, asparagus until almost tender then add shrimp and tomatoes halfs until, pink and tender. I then put the pasta in the rice cooker and add the chicken broth and lemon juice so its not dry. heat for a few minutes. then add fresh graded parm cheese on each plate. Enjoy

XCountryTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Penne w/ chicken and Asparagus
406 cal.- 6.2 g fat

10 oz penne pasta ( i used the mini full box)
1 tbs olive oil
3/4 chicken
2 garlic cloves
1/2 lbs. asparagus- cut into 1 1/2 diagonal pieces
1 Red bell pepper-1" pieces
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley

Cook noodles, place in bowl
heat oil add garlic saute for 1 minute, add chicken, then asparagus and red pepper, stir mix together- add parsley.

I added onion and sauteed it with my garlic until tender before I added my chicken.

babs3361

Expert Expediter
I do all our cooking on a Geroge forman grill. It cleans with paper towel. It is flat and not to big. I grill veggies with a little spray olive oil Aspargus is my favorite and it is in season right now. I grill all kinds of meat and beigng a grill the fat runs off. Hubby being a diebetic he cant have all the pasta's so this works good for us. We also have a microwave in truck too.

are12

Expert Expediter
Thought I would post my Meatloaf recipe:

2 lbs hamburg (I use 1 lb turkey and 1lb 95% lean hamburg)

1/2 pack of saltine crackers - crumble and wet just enough to moisten (you could also use bread but I prefer the crackers)

I season it with pepper, minced garlic and oregano - I do not measure so I cannot tell you exactly how much to use. I just sprinkled the pepper on it and probably use about 2 teaspoons of oregano and 1 tablespoon of garlic (we like garlic)

Just mix it all together - if you think it might need a little more garlic or oregano, just add a little more.

Take half the mixture and put it into the crockpot - flatten the hamburg out leaving the sides a little higher than the middle. Take a 2 cup bag of cheese (any kind you like) and spread that on top of the hamburg. Take the rest of the burger and lay that across the top of the cheese - press the sides a little so it will seal.

I cook it for 2 hours(I like to know that it is well done), drain off any fat and add a jar of Prego (I use the Chunky Garden), cook for another 1/2 hour. You can even sprinkle cheese on the top once it is done.

We usually have the Country Crock Mac & Cheese and a vegetable with it.

The left over meatloaf makes great sandwiches!!

YarnDoll

Seasoned Expediter
If you have a Rocket Grill you can cook meatloaf patties in it! I cut my meatloaf recipe in half and used just enough water to moisten the bread, oatmeal or crackers. Shape into 1/4 lb patties and grill 2 at a time for 5 minutes.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Meatloaf in a Mug

"You can easily make a single serving of meatloaf with this fast and simple recipe."

1 slice white bread, torn into pieces
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 pound ground beef
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Place the torn bread into a small bowl, and pour in the milk and
Worcestershire sauce; set aside for a few minutes for the bread to absorb
the liquid. Add the ground beef, green onion, seasoned salt, and pepper to
the bread; mix well and place into a 10 ounce, microwave-safe mug.
Cook in the microwave at 70 percent power until the meatloaf is firm and no
longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 1/2 minutes depending on the microwave.
Remove the meatloaf from the microwave, and allow to stand 2 minutes before
serving.

I haven't tried it. Jason will like this

I like this one,,can do this in my van

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Came across this link the other day. made just for travelers of the open roads. Figured we all will fit right in! Home

Wow that's scary the link just shows up as home!! I tried it though it works. Bon apetit!!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I was wondering if anyone had Pat and Don's cookbook? They are an awesome couple and are involved in.

They are also going to help to sponsor the Walk at MATS and will be giving away a few cookbooks and coupons.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Grill

sliced bell peppers
olive oil
tin foil

Make a tin foil "pan"
add sliced bell pepper to pan and drizzle with olive oil
cook on grill until roasted

The grill really gives the bell peppers an awesome flavor. This is also a very colorful side dish if you use one of each color of bell peppers.

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Annie's yummy eggs:
chop some onions and green fresh chilis (hot or not hot, depending on your taste), and stir fry in olive oil...then add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, lettuce, and spinach and add into stir fry and stir fry a little longer
then add eggs ready to scramble and add a little maggi chicken powder into raw egg mix....scramble eggs, and add a little cheese of choice when eggs are almost cooked.....serve on a tortilla, so each can make his own yummy egg taco ...it really is good!............had some this morning with fruit as a side dish

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Annie's homemade celery soup. You can also use this simple recipe with broccoli and/or cauliflower or fresh spinach

celery 4 stalks
zucchini 4 small ones
garlic
onion
tablespoon of chicken boullion powder or what we call maggi
boil it all together....after everything is boiled and cooled you take the veggies and stuff out and put them in the blender, leaving the water you boiled everything in, in the pan.....then after you blend it in the blender you add some of the water left in the pan with milk, or without, or with both to get the thickness and/or creaminess that you want..salt and pepper to taste..then you just reheat it in the pan and serve

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Bobby Flay was teaching his wife (Stephanie Marsh from Law and Order) how to cook chicken the other day..I tried his recipe and it's one of the best fried chickens I've ever made.

Soak the chicken in buttermilk 4 hours or overnight.
Drain it and pat it with the following.

2 TBS paprika
2 TBS kosher salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Lightly dredge it with flour and fry in Crisco in a cast iron pan. 350 degrees...now he said 12 minutes per side and and only turn once..I played with that time a bit and then drained it on a rack.

Yummy!