on the road again

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Well looks like, a long night. 980 miles to New York. Pepsi is shut down waiting for a new pump that's now riding low in our truck!!! Pretty cool looking system, and heavy too!!
Y'all be careful out there. Time for me to get some sleep!!

Kristi

Active Expediter
Well looks like, a long night. 980 miles to New York. Pepsi is shut down waiting for a new pump that's now riding low in our truck!!! Pretty cool looking system, and heavy too!!
Y'all be careful out there. Time for me to get some sleep!!

Good stuff. We are stuck in Nogales AZ. Hopfully we get out of here soon. Y'all have a safe trip.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Good stuff. We are stuck in Nogales AZ. Hopfully we get out of here soon. Y'all have a safe trip.

Kristi, you guys hang tough. We were in Nogales a week or so ago and got a load out before we were even unloaded. Those boarder towns can realty be good and loads usually have to go a long ways!
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Kristi

Active Expediter
Kristi, you guys hang tough. We were in Nogales a week or so ago and got a load out before we were even unloaded. Those boarder towns can realty be good and loads usually have to go a long ways!
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thank you. We've been here since Tuesday. I'm hoping something will come through soon. Will def let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed :)

Kristi

Active Expediter
We decided to head to CA. Not for the loads but tomorrow is my husbands bday and we're gonna celebrate with some friends.

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Well that's cool. Happy bday to him. Hope you guys have a great time.
We dropped off at Pepsi in Lantham NY and headed to pick up in Jersey to drop Massachusetts. Well....who knew we weren't allowed to drive on any rode that says Parkway?! Apparently New York state patrol knows LOL! UNFORTUNATELY we didn't. After being dispatched late and than having to reroute the shipper canceled. So now we are sitting and in the doghouse!!! WE'RE at TA in Montgomery NY. I'M afraid we will be stuck all weekend. Wasn't our fault,, but have a feeling we will be lost in the shuffle anyways!!
Everyone be safe out here!! I'm going to bed now!!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Well things go from bad to worse. This morning we missed a call from dispatch(son forgot to unplug his headphones from the phone). We could have been in Maine tonight! Never been and really want to. Than tonight it's family drama. Cramped spaces and flying tempers can be rough!!! Think I will turn in early. Wife wants the phone!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Maine is only nice during the day. It's scary at night. But then again, moose are expanding and there are thousands of them as far south as Massachusetts.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Well our east coast tour has ended for now. Back in Ohio. Sitting at the Lodi TA waiting for our next load! Hope everyone is having a good week, be safe and keep the rubber side down!!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Ran around New York state a little big, than New Jersey. Saw the big green lady,and the 9/11 memorial. Than picked up in MD and back to Ohio. Now picking up and heading to NC!

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
Oh wow. I have always wanted to go to NYC. Did you get any pictures at the memorial? I am jealous!

Awesome opportunity for your son - if you haven't killed him! ;)

Last edited:

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
We got lots of pics. I have always wanted to go to tbe memorial. As a medic myself the loss was very personal, as it was to all persons in public safety!! And tbe big green lady was pretty cool too. Not as big as I expected. Not like they make her look on TV!lol!

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
That big green lady is call "Liberty". ;) And post the pics so we can all share in your experience. Some of us haven't had the pleasure of going! ;)

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Will post pics. Soon. Enroute to Margarate FL over the weekend,, for a Monday morning drop. Maybe a little pier fishing along g the way for Dillon. LORD knows he needs a break!!!
Hopefully we can get sometging g from there to the panhandle again this time..FL treated us good last time. Let's hope it does again!! See you out here......

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
A trip to the panhandle sounds good. Could use a trip to the beach. Maybe met my loved one there and take a walk in the sand. Hope you guys have a good weekend! Catch something for dinner! Lol.

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry no pics yet. But since were stuck here we spent as much time as possible on the pier, fishing with Dillon! Cheap fun and dinner too! Cntv wait to fire up the grill and see how these fish taste.
On our way back to GA now. ATLANTA area.

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry no pics yet. But since were stuck here we spent as much time as possible on the pier, fishing with Dillon! Cheap fun and dinner too! Cntv wait to fire up the grill and see how these fish taste.

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter

Fun - HOTLANTA! We are going there in a few weeks to spend the night at the aquarium. Then again twice in May for Six Flags. The kids take up all of our off time!