On the constitutionality of being Homosexual

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Out of all the lesbians and gays I know not one has said we won't accept civil unions, etc...all they want is to have the same rights as other spouses and to be left alone to live their life. So idk who "they" are or what their agenda is but they do represent the homosexuals!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is true. But it can be also said there are radicals on the other side as well. I think it has evolved into the "we wanna win" on both sides as Turtle mentioned.
I think you will likely see that they will be able to marry because the courts rarely consider religion in these types of cases. The ones that oppose it lose much of their argument once religion is pulled from the debate.

IF the SC was doing it's proper job they would refuse the case and kick it back to the States.

Marriage is simply NOT a Federal Issue and it is NOT the job of the courts to change that. All ruling that would make that change would be akin to the courts making law. There is NO mention of marriage in the Constitution and it is not a federal issue. Those pushing it to be so ARE the problem.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
AMonger.... decadence is having its day. You need to find another social issue as homosexuality is being mainstreamed by the popular culture. The liberals in the entertainment industry and politics have pushed it through. For fear of not being liked by the media, conservative politicians have basically surrendered in their attempts to defend traditional marriage as it has existed for thousands of years. Bitter though it may be, the American conservative movement has withered away into nothingness. You could be right all day on this subject and it still doesn't matter. The Left has won. The Left screams louder and fights without the burden of conscience. The United States of America was irretrievably broken by the presidential elections of 2008 and 2012. It cannot be undone. Gay weddings are now routinely performed in the White House with the President's full satisfaction. Children born in the US today will be indoctrinated with no true sense of how normal human relationships function. Government knows best.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I find it most interesting that those who scream, insult, and protest about my supposed lack of "tolerance" are, without exception, completely intolerant of my beliefs and opinions.

I really like Dr. Benjamin Carson's statement that "Political Correctness" has gone way too far. Let everyone speak freely and without being attacked, NOT just the ultra liberals. Get off my back. I have the right to state my opinion, as do you. I won't back down. Respect should be for everyone's opinion, even if you might rot in hell for yours! LOL!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Hundreds and thousands of years ago there were same sex marriages or unions...so tradition smadition...ancient Rome, Mesopotamia and Egypt accepted same sex unions, the Native Americans were also much more accepting of homosexuality.
Citing exceptions to the normal does not invalidate the normal. Sorry. That's a logical fallacy in the extreme. There have been a few same-sex legal unions throughout history, but they have never been, at any time in history, the commonplace, much less the preponderance of unions. Acceptance or tolerance of same-sex unions have varied over the millennia with both time and cultures, but they have always been the exception to the rule - including with the majority of Native American tribes (don't believe everything you read on the Internet).

It's only with the rise of Christianity that homosexuality has become so taboo...actually even early Christianity was not so uptight about it!!
One doesn't have to be a Christian, or believe in God or the Bible to know that homosexuality makes a very weak case for the propagation and survival of the species, and is thus not normal by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

One of the weakest and silliest arguments against homosexuality is "because the Bible says so." It's absurd, because it assumes and literally demands that everyone believe in the same Bible in the same way. How deeply one believes in the Bible is irrelevant, it's still an absurd argument. Homosexuality wasn't embraced by mankind at large even before Christianity was invented, so using Christianity as the anvil to beat someone into submission is pointlessly absurd.

Equally absurd is saying, "I wanna be able to marry whoever I want," because that's nothing more than saying, "I want it, and I want it very, very badly, therefore I should have it." Absurdly adolescent is the kindest thing I can say about that.

Out of all the lesbians and gays I know not one has said we won't accept civil unions, etc...all they want is to have the same rights as other spouses and to be left alone to live their life. So idk who "they" are or what their agenda is but they do represent the homosexuals!
You should probably talk to a few other homosexuals, then. Going back to the 70s and 80s there is a documented history where gays decided to flat out refuse the offer of civil unions. And that's been the Official Homo Stance ever since. They want the "M" word, nothing less will suffice. That's why they're calling it "equal marriage" and not civil union.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
AMonger.... decadence is having its day. You need to find another social issue as homosexuality is being mainstreamed by the popular culture. The liberals in the entertainment industry and politics have pushed it through. For fear of not being liked by the media, conservative politicians have basically surrendered in their attempts to defend traditional marriage as it has existed for thousands of years. Bitter though it may be, the American conservative movement has withered away into nothingness. You could be right all day on this subject and it still doesn't matter. The Left has won. The Left screams louder and fights without the burden of conscience. The United States of America was irretrievably broken by the presidential elections of 2008 and 2012. It cannot be undone. Gay weddings are now routinely performed in the White House with the President's full satisfaction. Children born in the US today will be indoctrinated with no true sense of how normal human relationships function. Government knows best.

Sorry, Aristotle, but "liberals in the entertainment industry and politics" don't lead public opinion, but follow it. [Slavishly, mostly]. Public opinion has changed because homosexuals have grown tired of hiding in the closet, and a whole lot of people [Dick Cheney!] are amazed to find that one of their own is one of those.
As long as people could feel sure they didn't actually know any homosexuals, much less live under the same roof with them, it was easy to demonize them. Now that Mr & Mrs Average have seen for themselves that homosexuals don't have horns, or eat babies, it's pretty hard to insist they're some kind of
unnatural pervert. Especially when there's one at your dinner table, that you raised and love and know to be a good person. Who didn't ask for it, and doesn't deserve to be treated like a pariah/pervert/unclean and unworthy person for it, either. Especially by ignorant uneducated idiots. [Present company excepted, of course.]
And politicians aren't afraid of the media, unless they're into some sketchy stuff - otherwise, it's the voters who scare them. We probably will never actually vote their self serving butts out of the cushy sinecures, but politicians must never forget that it could happen.
Like the meteor that his Russia - who saw that one coming?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Now I know why they call us real Christians hate filled intolerant bigots. I truly can not wait for the Lord Jesus Christ to return to take His church home...
If you don't hate sin -- and :censoredsign:gotry is a sin -- then you're not a Christian. You have to divorce sin to marry Christ.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
One of the weakest and silliest arguments against homosexuality is "because the Bible says so." It's absurd, because it assumes and literally demands that everyone believe in the same Bible in the same way. How deeply one believes in the Bible is irrelevant, it's still an absurd argument. Homosexuality wasn't embraced by mankind at large even before Christianity was invented, so using Christianity as the anvil to beat someone into submission is pointlessly absurd.
It doesn't matter whether or not you believe in the Bible the same way, or at all. Your belief doesn't change whether or not the Bible is true. It is, and it says that :censoredsign:gotry is wrong, so it is. It's not up for a vote. You can waste your time debating it, but the Judge of the universe has already made His decree.
It is final.
Why do the heathen rage and the nations imagine a vain thing? He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh and have them in derision.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It doesn't matter whether or not you believe in the Bible the same way, or at all. Your belief doesn't change whether or not the Bible is true. It is, and it says that :censoredsign:gotry is wrong, so it is. It's not up for a vote. You can waste your time debating it, but the Judge of the universe has already made His decree.
It is final.
Why do the heathen rage and the nations imagine a vain thing? He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh and have them in derision.

I don't believe in your judge..so your argument means nothing to me..

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
AMonger.... decadence is having its day. You need to find another social issue as homosexuality is being mainstreamed by the popular culture. The liberals in the entertainment industry and politics have pushed it through. For fear of not being liked by the media, conservative politicians have basically surrendered in their attempts to defend traditional marriage as it has existed for thousands of years. Bitter though it may be, the American conservative movement has withered away into nothingness. You could be right all day on this subject and it still doesn't matter. The Left has won.
It certainly looks that way. However a big correction is coming. Remember just after 9/11, Americans were shocked, and church attendance jumped? When bad times hit, people remember God.
Well, the Mother Of All Bad Times is about to hit, sooner rather than later. When Americans' bellies are empty and the feral gummint is so broke they essentially don't exist, people won't have time to think of real marriage, let alone queer marriage. Or the Kartrashians, Lady Gaga, Pitbull, Kanye, or any other loser. We'll be too busy begging God for food and water. Churches will be full.
Judgment is coming, and America will change radically.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It is final.
Thank you for your thoughtful and intelligent restraint in considerate consideration of the use of the word in question. We really appreciate it.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
When Americans' bellies are empty and the feral gummint is so broke they essentially don't exist, people won't have time to think of real marriage, let alone queer marriage. Or the Kartrashians, Lady Gaga, Pitbull, Kanye, or any other loser. We'll be too busy begging God for food and water. Churches will be full.
Judgment is coming, and America will change radically.
Sooooo.... all of this gay, drama queen rhetoric you keep posting is basicly useless, stupid and irrelevant in the near future?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
you are born gay!!! Its not a choice!!!!
There may, MAY be a birth defect that causes mis-wiring that leads to confused affections.
Where you put your wiener is a choice.
Someone with confused affections deserves pity and help. Someone who puts their wiener where it doesn't belong deserves both societal approbation and ****ation.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Thank you for your thoughtful and intelligent restraint in considerate consideration of the use of the word in question. We really appreciate it.
Redefining terms is the first page in the playbook for those wanting to overturn & corrupt society. We can't play that game.
What do you think pedophiles will insist on being called?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Sooooo.... all of this gay, drama queen rhetoric you keep posting is basicly useless, stupid and irrelevant in the near future?
I hope so. But I'd hate to go through judgment any longer than necessary. Why not make corrections now and shorten our chastisement?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Redefining terms is the first page in the playbook for those wanting to overturn & corrupt society. We can't play that game.
What do you think pedophiles will insist on being called?

Weirdos and creeps? :confused: Maybe the preferred term for a pedophile should be target. I can think of only a few "things" that are more vile than one that would damage a child like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.