Old Chubby Guy Bites Dust

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
This is just a post to thank everyone for all the good info and support. I have not been posting much lately and it seems I must be burned out on the business. It's time to get a part time job (family says a real job) and retire in October. My Sprinter will be up for sale in July and my boat will be out of storage very soon. I'll continue to lurk on here from time to time but I'll be out of the business by July 4.

Fuel prices are going up but freight rates and fuel surcharge rates are experiencing downward pressure. I'm sure things will eventually adjust out but this seems like a good time for me to go fishing. Thanks Everyone and THANKS EO.
EO Really has worked for me .........TJ

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
TJ... It's never eaasy to say goodby to something about which you feel so passionate. Good luck at the fishin hole.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good luck on the fishing and retirement. Always enjoyed talking with you. Don't be a stranger, and do stop in from time to time.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
TJ, please keep us updated on life after expediting. This summer I plan on spending a few weeks practicing the Retirement Reaction Drill. Never hurts to be prepared.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good luck, Amigo. I know how frustrated you've been lately and I think this is the right move.

Isn't fishing just an excuse to drink beer?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
TJ,
I have a project for you. Since you are going to be doing all this fishing. Go to Official Site : Banjo 006 Minnow and try them out. For the low,low price of 19.95 they will send you a 110 piece set. I can't fish worth a flip with artificial bait anyway so I wouldn't know if it wasn't working if I just wasn't working it right.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
awwwwwwwww . i love to to fish.
in fact i carry my fishing stuff with me...... heh

good luck with ur new job in life.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Ark ... I have already tried the banjo minnow and the fish were unimpressed with my tecnique. I'm convinced the best artificial lure is dynamite. No, fishing is not an excuse to drink beer but it is a good excuse for avoiding honeydoo jobs. Golf is a very good reason to drink beer.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I'm sure it is like anything else if you have the proper technique with the correct fish it will work. I prefer a minnow. Through him out there, and he does all the work for me. I just lean back on the bank and relax.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Fishing is not an excuse to drink beer? :eek: Oh, that's right: it's an excuse to drink beer AND tell lies, lol. Hope you enjoy every minute of it, TJ.