October places, things, thoughts and wishes and some other stuff.

guido4475

Not a Member
John and I were just talking about this factoid....that is my goal this year to beat last years ALL mile rate....of .9642 a mile....ALL mile!!

Why I do not like to move around much..unloaded the other night in berea, ky ..deadheaded up to Lexington 55 miles to be in a hopefully better triangulated area..got a load last night...yup, you guessed it..picking up in berea where I dropped off at the previous night. So I added 110 miles to my all miles, reducing my all mile pay of a current $1.06..this isn't for everyone, we all are our own businessman. But it works good for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
As I have often said......"this business is like legalized gambling most days"

guido4475

Not a Member
Yes, that is so true. So I figure I am minimizing any possible losses by not moving as much. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But more yes than no.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
20% is kinda high, we are at 8% YTD.

I would attribute part of that to the number of available st loads compared to van loads. As long as it pays x per mile all miles dh or loaded matters not to me.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would attribute part of that to the number of available st loads compared to van loads. As long as it pays x per mile all miles dh or loaded matters not to me.

i agree, there is no DH that figure would be extra miles that we drive unpaid.

guido4475

Not a Member

I get a kick out of people that walk up to me and ask " how many miles ya get?"... they sometimes appear dumbfounded when I tell them its not about the miles, its about the pay. I ask them would they rather drive 500 miles for a thousand bucks, or a thousand miles for a thousand bucks? Work smarter, not harder. But this kind of thinking doesn't mean to try and rape dispatch for the highest rate, either.I just trust them on that one. Yes, I ask what the total pay is and divide that into the total miles, and it usually is more than my set goal rate pay for all miles.but I do bend on a lower rate, especially if is a small and light load. That less pay can be made up in ways of less gas used to move that tiny load.

mike1753

Seasoned Expediter
Hometime and winterizing the homefront is now done. I got a load from Traverse City to Romulus and I am back on the road heading out.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Hometime and winterizing the homefront is now done. I got a load from Traverse City to Romulus and I am back on the road heading out.

Good for you..I still remember the winter that the pipes froze when the pilot light went out on the furnace when we were on the road..oh what a mess that was!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Carolina's have been hot and cold lately. You are 6th longest sprinter at 39 hours so not terrible. But good news is we did just hire a sales rep for the Carolina's that is training right now.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope I don't get a load until Monday!! I'm sure dispatch can dooooo it.... really. No Load until Monday.