October Locations and Banter

guido4475

Not a Member
Boy, still seems hit and miss out there.....keep the faith gang...dispatch is doing everything they can I am sure to get you all the best rate they can to move you....

General conversation with others has brought up that a particular question is still being asked by a particular person...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
General conversation with others has brought up that a particular question is still being asked by a particular person...

In my best political response....If that is the best rate in a particular regional market..then they are doing what they can to give the gang as many options as possible....and as always...we, have the "no" option available to us.

guido4475

Not a Member
For this being a slow month, it has been rather expensive in van maintenance.Replaced the ball joints last week, along with having the bearings cleaned and inspected, and an alignment.

Something still wasn't right after all of that.

So I call them, and we figure it may of been the substitute alignment guy who just happened to do my alignment.I show up Sat morning as they were opening, being #1 on the board out of 12, I explained to them this has to go fast, as if the phone rings with a load, I gotta go.We put it on the rack, and find out the whole problem is the drag link and a center tie rod is bad.I'm thinking, I just replaced the whole steering system in February of this year. Everything.So we order the parts, should be there in a couple of hours, once again, keeping the van available for the much needed phone call from dispatch.Of course, the parts come in, they had the bay open, and the alignment rack open waiting for the parts to be put on by one mechanic, and than Mike will do the alignment,who is very good.Always flawless.We get the parts off, and the new ones out of the box, and, of course, Brandon calls with a good load.That about killed me to explain to him how I was trying to beat the chance of getting a load without going out of service and having to start at # 12 again.anyway, we get it done.All is cool.Who would think that new parts would wear out so quickly? I was beginning to think my one friend was right, with him always saying it is "Those Michigan roads". But, later on, talking with another van driver at the yard, him having a GMC, he also has the same problem with premature wear.I guess they just don't make parts like they used to anymore.Anyways, hoping for a load today....

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Thank you Jenny....

How is Nicks progress?

He's doing really good. He was able to walk five blocks throughout the day yesterday, and almost at a regular pace. He has regained about 75% of his.mobility already, just have to work on bending. We are going to start working on the stretches today for that.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
He's doing really good. He was able to walk five blocks throughout the day yesterday, and almost at a regular pace. He has regained about 75% of his.mobility already, just have to work on bending. We are going to start working on the stretches today for that.

Great to hear...give him Judy and I's best regards...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

"like"

Good to hear...Nick and OVM both!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Sooo...Brandon hit a good one yesterday afternoon. Delivered to Norfolk, VA.
I got in and out ahead of the storm apparently. I moved back west, but not sure if I moved far enough. Ive got storms coming from both directions now...lol

guido4475

Not a Member
Sooo...Brandon hit a good one yesterday afternoon. Delivered to Norfolk, VA.
I got in and out ahead of the storm apparently. I moved back west, but not sure if I moved far enough. Ive got storms coming from both directions now...lol

I'd at least move to central Ohio, just going by the weather /news forecast tonight.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Brandon got me a good one too..picking up in Asheville, NC in the morn, headed to Lansing...hopefully beat the worst out :)

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I'd at least move to central Ohio, just going by the weather /news forecast tonight.
Im west of Emporia, Va at I-85 and hwy 58 jct. If I move, I'll probably go south to Haw River. I wanted to go to Roanoke, but they're predicting up to 2ft of snow over there.

I went out of service and got a room. I want to see what this thing is going to do before I'm in a position where I have to commit to something. I'll take a look tomorrow.

guido4475

Not a Member
Good windy morning, all! Brandon got me a small load from Romulus to Cleveland....It was an early am pickup...so, of course, when trying to sleep last night, I couldnt....go figure...So now, time to saw some logs...

Airtabs must of made the difference for the van in the wind, it was doing real good across the turnpike this morning.Let's see how they do in the higher winds to come.

Let's keep the people in the path of this storm in our prayers, along with the homeless people and animals.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning! Stay safe out there, looks like we have a whopper of a storm coming.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Good morning! Stay safe out there, looks like we have a whopper of a storm coming.

yes your 100% correct john this storm is looking mean and after it pass if load 1 gets calls to transport goods into the affected area,s my truck my choice i am willing to go & john do we in any way get involded with F.E.M.A >? after storms & disasters like sandy is looking like causing
wombat

Last edited: