October banter and locations.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I learned about batteries a long time ago. When I was outfitting current van I put in two Trojan AGM deep cycle marine batteries to "fuel" my needs. 4th year is almost over with same ones. They just won't die.

Sent from my i-sung.
12 month rated for $85 and they lasted for 30 months. They run a couple power strips off a 1500 pure sine, refer, micro, fan, TV, charger, etc.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Been available in Denver since Thursday morning; no dice. Three calls Friday, two today. Still here. Broker says Grand Island, NE; I wonder if it's necessary to DH 400 miles from a city this big.
I would have started DH Saturday morning and be in a better place Monday morning! Just my opinion.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
OK .... i stopped at exit 95 ... Whiteland , In...at Flying J to fill up with gas ... while filling i glanced over in front of Denny's entrance and seen this picture .... it is stuff like this at truck stops that are affecting OUR places to park & rest ... many of you on here know there is a Big area west of Dennys with shade there ... no handicap on plates as i checked ... running with window shades up as you can see in picture ... V-3 transit .. pass the word to help stop this 4 pm in the afternnon activity ..
408d279de5e4b104f76d324a832bb848.jpg

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Welcome to trucking life. We've been dealing with tools like this since the 30 min break started, except it's in the fuel island.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I
Yes... when you check in... there is a small gift ... electric co op they gave away digital cooking thermometer ..
well crap... just a gift... electronic digital tire gauge with flashlight...

So what was the outcome? Did you all vote to wire up each house or just leave the one phone down at the corner?

So what was the outcome? Did you all vote to wire up each house or just leave the one phone down at the corner?

View attachment 16289
Phone on the pole is too expensive for them. Voted to use next village's phone (135 miles down the road).

Sent from my i-sung.
e242.jpg

You beat me to it.

Darn neighbors wanting to use the phone.

59fdb6089917d5607a5212a7eb510477--remember-this-jpg.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
OK .... i stopped at exit 95 ... Whiteland , In...at Flying J to fill up with gas ... while filling i glanced over in front of Denny's entrance and seen this picture .... it is stuff like this at truck stops that are affecting OUR places to park & rest ... many of you on here know there is a Big area west of Dennys with shade there ... no handicap on plates as i checked ... running with window shades up as you can see in picture ... V-3 transit .. pass the word to help stop this 4 pm in the afternnon activity ..
408d279de5e4b104f76d324a832bb848.jpg

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.
I'm at a Pilot and there's a no name Sprinter thats park in front of the building with the back doors crack open. This Pilot has a McDonald's in it.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would have started DH Saturday morning and be in a better place Monday morning! Just my opinion.
Been trying to cut back on the DH; I've spent a lot of money this year having to DH back to PA from a snotload of miles away, for Dr visits, etc. That, and from Denver, almost anywhere is 600+ miles away- EP, SLC, KC, you name it.

Why'd I come out here? Two reasons: I the West, and even though I've sat in Denver before, I've usually gotten out within 3 days. Last time? Seattle! That one I knew I'd be driving out, so no big deal.

Oh well, might as well rest up and be ready for tomorrow

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Been trying to cut back on the DH; I've spent a lot of money this year having to DH back to PA from a snotload of miles away, for Dr visits, etc. That, and from Denver, almost anywhere is 600+ miles away- EP, SLC, KC, you name it.

Why'd I come out here? Two reasons: I the West, and even though I've sat in Denver before, I've usually gotten out within 3 days. Last time? Seattle! That one I knew I'd be driving out, so no big deal.

I completely understand, its the old age debate. Do i sit and hope something will pop up or put myself in a better area where more freight comes out and have more chance of getting a load on my van. I hope you do get a load out of there instead of DH!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I completely understand, its the old age debate. Do i sit and hope something will pop up or put myself in a better area where more freight comes out and have more chance of getting a load on my van. I hope you do get a load out of there instead of DH!
why does it seem , no matter how long one sits and waits, as soon as you head out and get 50-60 away and dispatch calls out STOP we got one....right where ya left from?...LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
EP would have been my choice...IMO
EP is good, except for the fact that all the runs are 1500 miles at 60¢
does that compare to 400 miles at .00 cents and still not have a load?....its a crap shoot...:)

BTW with Murray I have never run that cheap even from Laredo...Me thinks your brokers is under bidding just to win you a load...IMO

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
does that compare to 400 miles at .00 cents and still not have a load?....its a crap shoot...:)

BTW with Murray I have never run that cheap even from Laredo...Me thinks your brokers is under bidding just to win you a load...IMO
Even when I told Murray I would take a load the cheap he won't do it

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app