October banter and locations.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I
Telephone CO-OP annual meeting tonight FREE supper and door prizes and 5- $100.00 draws!
Won $250.00 last month at Electric meeting hoping for a replay !!

So everyone gets a prize tonight?
Yes... when you check in... there is a small gift ... electric co op they gave away digital cooking thermometer ..
well crap... just a gift... electronic digital tire gauge with flashlight...

So what was the outcome? Did you all vote to wire up each house or just leave the one phone down at the corner?

an-isolated-phone-on-a-pole-by-the-beach-dfk52g.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I
So everyone gets a prize tonight?
Yes... when you check in... there is a small gift ... electric co op they gave away digital cooking thermometer ..
well crap... just a gift... electronic digital tire gauge with flashlight...

So what was the outcome? Did you all vote to wire up each house or just leave the one phone down at the corner?

View attachment 16289
Phone on the pole is too expensive for them. Voted to use next village's phone (135 miles down the road).

Sent from my i-sung.
e242.jpg

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can anyone tell me a safe place for to sleep after I deliver Wentzville, NO?
Go out West on 70? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can anyone tell me a safe place for to sleep after I deliver Wentzville, NO?
Go out West on 70? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

STAY right there..Walmart is truck/van friendly..:)
Yes... Wentzville , Mo. Walmart is Van friendly ... and just west of there on 70 is a small TA .. but at the same exit is a Mr. Fuel truck stop that accepts Pilot/Fly J for showers ... check app i think the name is right ... just no overnight area to park van ...

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been available in Denver since Thursday morning; no dice. Three calls Friday, two today. Still here. Broker says Grand Island, NE; I wonder if it's necessary to DH 400 miles from a city this big.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Been available in Denver since Thursday morning; no dice. Three calls Friday, two today. Still here. Broker says Grand Island, NE; I wonder if it's necessary to DH 400 miles from a city this big.
Many have had same experience, but we have, every trip there, gotten same day service back out. Good luck tomorrow, sitting sux

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whew, that was a close call. Almost started the week without a major expense. Not to be! House batteries stopped holding a charge so 4 new Duracell GC6 in, $400 out. Thankfully expediting makes it so that I will never have to spend time counting our money.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
I learned about batteries a long time ago. When I was outfitting current van I put in two Trojan AGM deep cycle marine batteries to "fuel" my needs. 4th year is almost over with same ones. They just won't die.

Sent from my i-sung.

Reactions: Hummer53