October Banter and Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Good morning dear...looks to be another beautiful day. And a good day for a drive in the country. Think the cuz and I will be checking out that new Alco up in Bowman..:)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Alot of cheap rate companies down here otherwise,but alot of good sprits from other drivers for the most part.Word has it that lightning van drivers loading out of here for 50 cents a mile....The bad part of this is, that shippers will expect this kind of rate for us to take on the outbound..not good..

We have had customers tell us they have moved stuff at .40 per mile out of there. I am hoping that it is airfreight companies and not so called "professional expedite" companies that would do this???????

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Customers will tell you anything to get you to haul stuff cheaper for them. ;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Things that goes thru my mind....

I was just making breakfast and as I buttered my toast, it falls and of course falls buttered side down...now a thought crossed my mind...

If a toilet flushes in the opposite direction downunder.....would the toast fall buttered side up?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny thing about this Walmart in Belvidere....if you park at the east end by the shoe store almost no 3g service at all....over by the Murphys gas bar west end....a full 4G service....go figure...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped off in Monroe Mich yesterday AM...went home and picked up the roof vent/fan i have been dogging putting in because I really didn't want to cut a hole in the roof of the new truck...headed to friends and went to work on cutiing that 14x14 hole...the roof is thicker then i thought, 1/2 thick fiberglass eats blades!!! anyhow, got the vent / fan in and headed home...Spent the day with my grandsons at the zoo wth their dad, and my daughter...then headed for dinner...

Got up this morning and finished the inside of the vent/fan install, wired it up and its all good....word of advise, if any of you are looking into a roof vent/fan, this is the 2nd MaxxAir Vent/fan i have had, 1 in each van now....the 2nd 1 is the "smoke" cover, it was "on sale'....so I bought it figuring it was the same as the "white" covered unit..my bad for not looking and reading closer, totally different in the controls and how it works...it does what i want it to, but it is not what i thought it was...my bad, not anyone elses...but its in , the van is all cleaned out and ready to go...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Dropped off in Monroe Mich yesterday AM...went home and picked up the roof vent/fan i have been dogging putting in because I really didn't want to cut a hole in the roof of the new truck...headed to friends and went to work on cutiing that 14x14 hole...the roof is thicker then i thought, 1/2 thick fiberglass eats blades!!! anyhow, got the vent / fan in and headed home...Spent the day with my grandsons at the zoo wth their dad, and my daughter...then headed for dinner...

Got up this morning and finished the inside of the vent/fan install, wired it up and its all good....word of advise, if any of you are looking into a roof vent/fan, this is the 2nd MaxxAir Vent/fan i have had, 1 in each van now....the 2nd 1 is the "smoke" cover, it was "on sale'....so I bought it figuring it was the same as the "white" covered unit..my bad for not looking and reading closer, totally different in the controls and how it works...it does what i want it to, but it is not what i thought it was...my bad, not anyone elses...but its in , the van is all cleaned out and ready to go...

Mine is a Fantastic Fan, not Maxx air, but when I needed an emergency replacement of the lid that did a pretty good Frisbee imitation :eek: and Bentz/Bolt didn't have the 'smoke' translucent lid on hand, they installed an opaque white one. Didn't change the controls, but it sure stopped those overhead lights from shining in - I like it better.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
In lansing waiting to get unloaded in the morning. Then DH towards Detroit to dealer for fuel leak. Ugh!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Hello Everyone we have not posted in quite a while so i thought i would bring you up to date Laura has decided that she cant take anymore and wants to be home and not in the truck, so i was running solo for a few weeks but truck owner wants a team it it so i had to find another ride. We worked a deal with chef dennis an i"m now driving his old van#192. got the van home last saturday did some brake work on it got my stuff in it and it was off to the yard on tuesday morning to do paper work and have me put in as driver of 192. logged in on qualcom and had my first van load about ten min. later. the week started out with a couple short runs but i ended up with eight total runs and a great week plus at home by saturday noon!!! still at home in service waiting to start a new week. Tracy

Last edited:

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
Hello Everyone we have not posted in quite a while so i thought i would bring you up to date Laura has decided that she cant take anymore and wants to be home and not in the truck, so i was running solo for a few weeks but truck owner wants a team it it so i had to find another ride. We worked a deal with chef dennis an i"m now driving his old van#192. got the van home last saturday did some brake work on it got my stuff in it and it was off to the yard on tuesday morning to do paper work and have me put in as driver of 192. logged in on qualcom and had my first van load about ten min. later. the week started out with a couple short runs but i ended up with nine total runs and a great week plus at home by saturday noon!!! still at home in service waiting to start a new week. Tracy
at least your still on the team Tracy.

guido4475

Not a Member

The Fan I bought Is a mo-name generic brand, but resembles a fantastic fan, same size fan and all, but only pulls air out of the vehicle, but is really queit, but for only $59.00, it cant be beat.

guido4475

Not a Member
Still in Laredo, getting alot done..What amazes me the most is when drivers come up to me and ask me "how many miles a week you get??" And I tell them, it's not about the miles, it's about the pay!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Not only did Tracy run 9 runs he had a darn good week in pay!! Congrats!! And the seats are in my truck and ill bring them out to you Monday AM....

Guido, where did you get that fan? I want to install a exhaust fan in the back of the van behind the "curtain" to take all the hot air out from back there .... the back part still as the translucent panel roof and it still gets really hot back there when in those TX and southern hot sunny days...