October Banter and Location

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Got to Va.Beach heading north on 13 going home when I got to toll booth, turned me around said bridge was closed due to high wind's bummer on way home been out 6 week's.But that's okay because it's been a good 6 week's..thank's loadone Dispatch.

Was that the Chesapeak bay bridge and tunnel?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jeremy or Jim, kick butt load. The back is filled to the seams, so got a room.

Wife just landed in Baltimore. It was 85 in Calif. when she left. 33 in Bmore. Told her to buy a coat at one of the gift shops to get to the car. *l*

Could have gotten some offloaded at the yard and reloaded Early Monday morning...Jeremy will do that....

guido4475

Not a Member
Had a good week, 2nd week in a row, hoping for 1 more load out of here, in Laredo, told Jeremy to drop my pay to make it happen.Del Rio, to Kansas City, Springfield, Mo, back to Laredo, was this week so far.I have alot to do before it starts getting cold.Gotta avoid idling the van at all costs, it costs too much to do that.Have an opportunity to get an espar heater, so I'll need to get it home so I can put this in, this will pay for itself over this winter alone.Alot of debts and bills getting paid, will be alot easier as time goes on, thank God! This all could not of even happened if I was at another carrier, I can guarantee this! So thankful!

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
Joe came thru with 1200 mile load. 3 times in 3 weeks was in KC and all 3 times Joe or Frankie came thru. Guess KC ain't such a bad place to go anymore.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I traditionally have gotten loaded out of KC...and then I started listening to the little voices...LOL The same with Dallas...

Rained over night in Newton Iowa...

Ya see them whimps at Fedex...a whole thread about a little snow? Whats with that?....LOL

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I traditionally have gotten loaded out of KC...and then I started listening to the little voices...LOL The same with Dallas...

Rained over night in Newton Iowa...

Ya see them whimps at Fedex...a whole thread about a little snow? Whats with that?....LOL

G'mornin Sugar..Did ya find what you were looking for last night?

Guess that poor guy is learning his lesson the hard way...BE PREPARED!! *lol*:)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Sitting outside of Nashville. Had a dry run yesterday, which was actually the load that was going to turn the week around. Hoping that next week turns around for us. Glad to see that things are picking up for everyone.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting outside of Nashville. Had a dry run yesterday, which was actually the load that was going to turn the week around. Hoping that next week turns around for us. Glad to see that things are picking up for everyone.

Hey it is not over yet...never lose the faith....a load today still counts on last week....ya never know...

Honey..sent you a PM

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
You probably don't wanna put the money in your old van, but the Espar with the digital thermostat is great. The other night it was 30 outside, a comfy 74 inside. Quiet, efficient and out of the way.

Even though I have the partition and it has the blow insulation on it, I get condensation on the glass up front. I have the insulated window coverings waiting for me at home. Hope that helps some. Takes a while for the defrosters to clear them.

mss1963

Expert Expediter
Was that the Chesapeak bay bridge and tunnel?

Yes it was, called them this morning at 5:30, said bridge was open,So I made a dash to the house and going to take care of Doc and Dentist's appointments and work on truck be back out here by the weekend...Have a good week All.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
You probably don't wanna put the money in your old van, but the Espar with the digital thermostat is great. The other night it was 30 outside, a comfy 74 inside. Quiet, efficient and out of the way.

Even though I have the partition and it has the blow insulation on it, I get condensation on the glass up front. I have the insulated window coverings waiting for me at home. Hope that helps some. Takes a while for the defrosters to clear them.

When we put up our reflectix window shade we get condensation as well.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm, guess no way to stop it.

Espar...Propane....= condensation....electric heat...no condensation....

Got here and they guy was unlocking the doors for the staff coming in at 5:30 pm to night....going to get this off...:D