Obamacare pizza surcharge

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Along with a 3% surcharge in various California restaurants and many other hidden gems.

AMAC: Obamacare?s ?Domino Effect? Has Broader Economic Impact - AMAC, Inc.

Free or subsidized health ALWAYS costs more than open market health care. It also tends to be rationed, lower quality and more limited in available services.

ACA is not about health care, it is about control of the people, limiting freedom and redistribution of wealth. It is forcing dependence to exert control.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Breaking Down Centi-Millionaire 'Papa' John Schnatter's Obamacare Math - Forbes

[I figured you'd just dismiss the article on Huffpost, lol, but there's plenty to choose from.]

Why does it not seem believable that CEOs will jump on any excuse to defend raising prices, hiring fewer people, paying them less? And that they will jump on any & every political bandwagon to blame their behavior on?

Domino's doesn't like publicizing the calorie counts for their pizzas, because "they'd have to print a new menu every time they change their menu"?
Don't they do that anyhow? And if not, isn't people's right to know what the calorie count is more important, especially when they'll just tack any extra costs onto the pizza? And even Obamacare would add only 5-10 cents to the price of a pizza - if that's a deal breaker, people can't afford pizza in the first place.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Breaking Down Centi-Millionaire 'Papa' John Schnatter's Obamacare Math - Forbes

[I figured you'd just dismiss the article on Huffpost, lol, but there's plenty to choose from.]

Why does it not seem believable that CEOs will jump on any excuse to defend raising prices, hiring fewer people, paying them less? And that they will jump on any & every political bandwagon to blame their behavior on?

Domino's doesn't like publicizing the calorie counts for their pizzas, because "they'd have to print a new menu every time they change their menu"?
Don't they do that anyhow? And if not, isn't people's right to know what the calorie count is more important, especially when they'll just tack any extra costs onto the pizza? And even Obamacare would add only 5-10 cents to the price of a pizza - if that's a deal breaker, people can't afford pizza in the first place.

It isn't that simple and it has little to do with changing a menu. The problem with pizza is simple. Change ingredients and quanities (hundreds of combinations) add say extra cheese, or add a extra olive or piece of ham and the whole thing would require another individual label in order to be accurate in the calorie count. The whole thing is complete stupidity. Whether they can afford a pizza or not has little to do with the lack of common sense. This is what happens when you have people with no business experience trying to dictate how a business should be ran.
If they want to do this, they should be made by weight and displayed at the location and on a website. What is the point of having it on a box after you have already ordered it? Add one extra green pepper, and bang, there goes the whole accuracy of a calorie count.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This government can't even runs it's own nose when it has a cold, let alone DICTATE to business how they should be run. The VAST majority of our economic problems are caused by government. Those that are not caused by government are made worse by it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This government can't even runs it's own nose when it has a cold, let alone DICTATE to business how they should be run. The VAST majority of our economic problems are caused by government. Those that are not caused by government are made worse by it.

Yep...next they will want accurate calorie counts at a buffet and a salad bar.:rolleyes:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep...next they will want accurate calorie counts at a buffet and a salad bar.:rolleyes:
Shhhhhh! They have ears everywhere.

i-spy.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The website for the Affordable Care Act is up and running. Find out for yourself who and what is covered under the ACA. Affordable Care Act

WE have done that. Lost one policy, then got a new one. Then lost that one, then got a new one. 131% increase in premiums, less coverage where we needed it and a ton of crap we have no need in the world for. It also took over 14 hours on the phone to get the premiums/payments correct. They kept changing things. What other experiences are gong to be, who knows. We got screwed by the Liar in Chief, and our BS senators who sold us out to the UAW.

Gotta love government.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It isn't that simple and it has little to do with changing a menu. The problem with pizza is simple. Change ingredients and quanities (hundreds of combinations) add say extra cheese, or add a extra olive or piece of ham and the whole thing would require another individual label in order to be accurate in the calorie count. The whole thing is complete stupidity. Whether they can afford a pizza or not has little to do with the lack of common sense. This is what happens when you have people with no business experience trying to dictate how a business should be ran.
If they want to do this, they should be made by weight and displayed at the location and on a website. What is the point of having it on a box after you have already ordered it? Add one extra green pepper, and bang, there goes the whole accuracy of a calorie count.

From the article:

For example, the law requires restaurant chains such as Domino’s Pizza to list calorie counts on their in-store menus. The company says it will add thousands of dollars to the overheads of individually owned restaurants, which will be required to make up new menus every time the bill of fare changes.

Some wise guy says "Don't complicate the simple", and I think that's what you're doing. The calorie counts are working at burger joints, where people pick & choose, so why would pizza be different? Plus, it only has to be on the "in store menus", which means the people who call it in [and I'd bet that's the majority]are on their own.
Calorie counts don't matter to some, but to others, it's a critical part of the decision making process: green peppers or mushrooms? Do I really, really need the sausage? [Enough to use the whole day's fat allowance?]
Yeah, I don't think like that either, lol, but many people do, and information should be available for those who want it, especially in matters of health.
If Wendy's can post calorie counts, no reason Domino's can't.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
From the article:

For example, the law requires restaurant chains such as Domino’s Pizza to list calorie counts on their in-store menus. The company says it will add thousands of dollars to the overheads of individually owned restaurants, which will be required to make up new menus every time the bill of fare changes.

Some wise guy says "Don't complicate the simple", and I think that's what you're doing. The calorie counts are working at burger joints, where people pick & choose, so why would pizza be different? Plus, it only has to be on the "in store menus", which means the people who call it in [and I'd bet that's the majority]are on their own.
Calorie counts don't matter to some, but to others, it's a critical part of the decision making process: green peppers or mushrooms? Do I really, really need the sausage? [Enough to use the whole day's fat allowance?]
Yeah, I don't think like that either, lol, but many people do, and information should be available for those who want it, especially in matters of health.
If Wendy's can post calorie counts, no reason Domino's can't.

Comparing Wendy's to a pizza place is much different based on the requirements. Same thing with the requirements now being placed on the vending industry. Finally it looks like a bipartisan effort is on its way to correct some of the stupidity.
Uproar over ObamaCare?s menu rules | TheHill

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
People already know this information. They are bombarded by it every time they turn around. THEY DON'T CARE!! For the most part, most of us who are fat are fat because we eat too much, don't work hard enough to burn it off, and do little to change it. Running up the cost of food will not change that. How stupid

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
By the 2 companies listed, Americans really know how to select good and nutritious foods. Looking out for the family is a priority these days,,,whoops or is it?