November Locations or Vacations

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Off today... then 7-3 tomorrow....going to train me how to hand unload a trailer...740 boxes worth...LOL
Teaching a trucker how to handle freight is like....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Going on hour number 3 of waiting at the shipper for freight that isn't here. It went out on UPS shortly before I arrived. The shipper has been closed for an hour and the paying customer hasn't responded.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Going on hour number 3 of waiting at the shipper for freight that isn't here. It went out on UPS shortly before I arrived. The shipper has been closed for an hour and the paying customer hasn't responded.

Don't get into reefer freight. I've finished two loads, and probably spent 30 hrs waiting on getting loaded or unloaded.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Don't get into reefer freight. I've finished two loads, and probably spent 30 hrs waiting on getting loaded or unloaded.
Tons of fun at the grocery houses?

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have to sit at the shipper until 06:00 to collect detention pay. There is no place close to layover so I will spend the night here. I usually sleep well when getting paid by the hour. Come morning this load will be a dry run because the freight isn't here. More money for doing nothing but sitting.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
well my drivers side windshield wiper finally snapped off....the sprinter ordered from Europarts should be here tomorrow or so....seems its a common occurence in high mile vans...the white metal just gets fatiqued...

One of mine will snap off at least once a year, I carry a spare now. Maybe I should stop buying used ones

Speaking of europarts. I received a part today from them. The box was packed tight with confetti for packing. What a freaking mess trying to get the part out. I should of just put the whole box in a trash bag first

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well my drivers side windshield wiper finally snapped off....the sprinter ordered from Europarts should be here tomorrow or so....seems its a common occurence in high mile vans...the white metal just gets fatiqued...

One of mine will snap off at least once a year, I carry a spare now. Maybe I should stop buying used ones

Speaking of europarts. I received a part today from them. The box was packed tight with confetti for packing. What a freaking mess trying to get the part out. I should of just put the whole box in a trash bag first

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Thanks for the heads up still haven’t opened mine yet! :)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a call to please come in ASAP
Truck driver coming for 7pm instead of 7am... so in I went , took about 2.5 hours to unload him 734 pieces...now I have tomorrow off... :)
p.s. Werner is the contractor for FD out here...
Please tell me you received a 5 hour minimum for your time and travel ... remember my $ 200.. to turn the key minimum while at Bolt ...

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a call to please come in ASAP
Truck driver coming for 7pm instead of 7am... so in I went , took about 2.5 hours to unload him 734 pieces...now I have tomorrow off... :)
p.s. Werner is the contractor for FD out here...
Please tell me you received a 5 hour minimum for your time and travel ... remember my $ 200.. to turn the key minimum while at Bolt ...

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app
Actually was 5.5 hrs total time I chose to leave as it’s snowing like a banshee out here...then doing a 10 hr shift on Wed. As now have tomorrow off

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator