November locations and much more

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Pete and Guido...tomorrow is another day...keep trying. Tomorrow is the big day for me...I'll be washing up ALL the ash trays tonight and putting them away...wish me luck please!

guido4475

Not a Member
To tell ya the truth, I am really surprised I am still sitting, even though it has been less than 2 days. I was hoping as well as needing a couple more runs this week to keep my plan on track.

Not even a nibble. But, however, I did receive a phone call reminding me to use the new number designated for drivers.....lol...

Pete, I know what you're going through...It is not easy, especially when things are going crappy. OVM kinda luck would make quitting a whole lot easier....lol...Or whatever you call it...:rolleyes:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I took a load to Louisville on Monday so I could run home and get the wheel bearings replaced. They came in and got that done, then renewed the vehicle registration, got a doctor visit in, several other things done. All ready to come back in-service first thing Friday morning.

Except, Thursday night while cooking dinner, I, me, someone with excellent training and knife skills, managed to cut the ever lovin' crap out of my hand with an 8-inch, razor sharp, Wusthof Classic slicing knife. Nearly every cook eventually gets one bad cut. And I finally got mine.

I had the knife in my hand along with a couple of other things (a spatula and a whisk) and moved around the corner of the stove and bumped the stove really hard. The knife and my hand were between my hip and the stove, and the knife bumped and slipped so that I was instantly holding the blade rather than the handle.

Lay your right hand flat on a table, close your fingers up, including the thumb, no spaces, then roll the hand 90 degrees thumb up so that the hand is giving a karate chop to the table. The part of the base of the index finger that the thumbnail covers up is where the knife sliced to the bone like I was boning a chicken or something.

Nine stitches.

Funny thing, as is often the case with really sharp knives, it didn't hurt at all. Before the doctor stitched it up he numbed the entire area, so the stitching didn't hurt, either. The numbing is beginning to wear off, though. It no longer doesn't hurt. I can't begin to tell you how much it no longer doesn't hurt.

So, it'll be a couple or three days before I go back in service. Stitches need to come out in 7-10 days. Maybe I'll have Dennis take them out. Although Cheri would probably be a better choice.

Man, oh, man, does this ever no longer not hurt.

Hmmmm..I am wincing in pain right now!!! I have had my share of good cuts (a mandalin can be nasty on the fingers) but nothing like that!! I do understand the no pain though....And Let Cheri take the stitches out, i get queasy with blood and stitches and pain...yea let Cheri do it!!

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just unload my MS to Smyrna, TN. Sitting.v at the Pilot in Murfreesboro. There's a Shell station at exit 78 on I-24 that has unleaded for $2.99/gal. I sure wish those prices would move north to Ohio.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums