November locations and much more

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Phew..24 hours of torture...LOL...making money is hard work!!....now at the J in Toledo for the night....

guido4475

Not a Member
Believe it or not still in the hospital. I think today is day 24. They just can not seem to get the thickness of his blood right and stable. Tough as it is really stressing Greta and my mother in law out.

I will definately keep him, as well as the immediate family, in my prayers.

guido4475

Not a Member
Had a good run last night, with an immediate pickup at the consignee for a smaller load....Dispatch did a good job!

IT was the first run without a cigarette, or so I thought...The pressure was unbearable, ended up having one on the way down, and one on the way up, I was, and am, so ****ed at myself..The rest of the pack is on 65, northbound side, in Kentucky...I may have fallen, but it is time to pick myself up, and try again...Who would think this would be so **** difficult?

Hoping for a load coming back up, and one more for the weekend. Things are looking up.Time for some movie time, and then bed. Filled out 40 Christmas cards this evening, writers cramp....lol...

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I think dale should go everywhere we say not to. It seems to work for him.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

So true lol... New Orleans , Tampa Dallas , I get right back out .... the " hot spots" are where I seem to get stuck lol.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I took a load to Louisville on Monday so I could run home and get the wheel bearings replaced. They came in and got that done, then renewed the vehicle registration, got a doctor visit in, several other things done. All ready to come back in-service first thing Friday morning.

Except, Thursday night while cooking dinner, I, me, someone with excellent training and knife skills, managed to cut the ever lovin' crap out of my hand with an 8-inch, razor sharp, Wusthof Classic slicing knife. Nearly every cook eventually gets one bad cut. And I finally got mine.

I had the knife in my hand along with a couple of other things (a spatula and a whisk) and moved around the corner of the stove and bumped the stove really hard. The knife and my hand were between my hip and the stove, and the knife bumped and slipped so that I was instantly holding the blade rather than the handle.

Lay your right hand flat on a table, close your fingers up, including the thumb, no spaces, then roll the hand 90 degrees thumb up so that the hand is giving a karate chop to the table. The part of the base of the index finger that the thumbnail covers up is where the knife sliced to the bone like I was boning a chicken or something.

Nine stitches.

Funny thing, as is often the case with really sharp knives, it didn't hurt at all. Before the doctor stitched it up he numbed the entire area, so the stitching didn't hurt, either. The numbing is beginning to wear off, though. It no longer doesn't hurt. I can't begin to tell you how much it no longer doesn't hurt.

So, it'll be a couple or three days before I go back in service. Stitches need to come out in 7-10 days. Maybe I'll have Dennis take them out. Although Cheri would probably be a better choice.

Man, oh, man, does this ever no longer not hurt.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I took a load to Louisville on Monday so I could run home and get the wheel bearings replaced. They came in and got that done, then renewed the vehicle registration, got a doctor visit in, several other things done. All ready to come back in-service first thing Friday morning.

Except, Thursday night while cooking dinner, I, me, someone with excellent training and knife skills, managed to cut the ever lovin' crap out of my hand with an 8-inch, razor sharp, Wusthof Classic slicing knife. Nearly every cook eventually gets one bad cut. And I finally got mine.

I had the knife in my hand along with a couple of other things (a spatula and a whisk) and moved around the corner of the stove and bumped the stove really hard. The knife and my hand were between my hip and the stove, and the knife bumped and slipped so that I was instantly holding the blade rather than the handle.

Lay your right hand flat on a table, close your fingers up, including the thumb, no spaces, then roll the hand 90 degrees thumb up so that the hand is giving a karate chop to the table. The part of the base of the index finger that the thumbnail covers up is where the knife sliced to the bone like I was boning a chicken or something.

Nine stitches.

Funny thing, as is often the case with really sharp knives, it didn't hurt at all. Before the doctor stitched it up he numbed the entire area, so the stitching didn't hurt, either. The numbing is beginning to wear off, though. It no longer doesn't hurt. I can't begin to tell you how much it no longer doesn't hurt.

So, it'll be a couple or three days before I go back in service. Stitches need to come out in 7-10 days. Maybe I'll have Dennis take them out. Although Cheri would probably be a better choice.

and you are having such fun there...:rolleyes: Take care of that hand....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
g'morning dear and guys! wow turtle...I KNOW that hurts although I've never done it that bad!

John, sure hope your papa in law is doing better today.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Nine stitches.

We can have the shop take them out for you???? :rolleyes:

Day 26 at the hospital, honestly no real change. Still trying to get his blood thickness level in the acceptable range and steady.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
well a great load just when out the door , wow would have given me a great week the 1st in weeks with the past electon & thanksgiving ..,,

i sure got to find that black cat i must have ran over or the mirror i broke or was it the ladder i walked under lol ,
now it cannot be my lucky rabbit foot but all i know is it is looking like a bleak weekend if i am sitting ,

could not believe my wondeful load is like the movie gone with the wind & to the guys in dispatch thanks for trying to make it happen ... at least some is running & that is great news

yes it is all about the right place at the right time
pete ....

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
well a great load just when out the door , wow would have given me a great week the 1st in weeks with the past electon & thanksgiving ..,,

i sure got to find that black cat i must have ran over or the mirror i broke or was it the ladder i walked under lol ,
now it cannot be my lucky rabbit foot but all i know is it is looking like a bleak weekend if i am sitting ,

could not believe my wondeful load is like the movie gone with the wind & to the guys in dispatch thanks for trying to make it happen ... at least some is running & that is great news

yes it is all about the right place at the right time
pete ....

well out of frusration of my load cancelling it was a great load like wow ,

i not smoke a cigarette in two days but now sorry ken jujubeans guido now puffing away on one & dam it is nice cough cough !! yep it is uuuuummmm nice
pete

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well out of frusration of my load cancelling it was a great load like wow ,

i not smoke a cigarette in two days but now sorry ken jujubeans guido now puffing away on one & dam it is nice cough cough !! yep it is uuuuummmm nice
pete

Under the circumstances can't say I blame ya on lighting 1 up.