November is here!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
As expected, pretty sore this morning after venturing into my house crawl space yesterday to do some investigating first hand. When I first moved in I had some work done under there. Based on reports and what I could see I knew it was very tight under there. Wow, I will give the guys credit that did the work, it is extremely tight. I had to contort my body just to get through the opening, pulling muscles left and right. Once in, there is no room to crawl, just wiggle and pull yourself along the best you can. Why in the world would this space be that small is beyond me :confused:
Was it worth the trip? :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As expected, pretty sore this morning after venturing into my house crawl space yesterday to do some investigating first hand. When I first moved in I had some work done under there. Based on reports and what I could see I knew it was very tight under there. Wow, I will give the guys credit that did the work, it is extremely tight. I had to contort my body just to get through the opening, pulling muscles left and right. Once in, there is no room to crawl, just wiggle and pull yourself along the best you can. Why in the world would this space be that small is beyond me :confused:
I don't even like crawling under my own van because it makes me feel claustrophobic. And you go and post something like this? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
I am not even going to say that I want out of Miami! :cool: Nope! Not gonna say it. :D

Attachments

• 1416166729057.jpg
    1416166729057.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was it worth the trip? :)

Edit: Now very sore.
So no, it was not worth it :( At least I know I will not try that again!

I think I bumped my head while under the house. Today I initiated a process to get my License reinstated that I let lapse, for another career, that I swore I would never return to :eek:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Edit: Now very sore.
So no, it was not worth it :( At least I know I will not try that again!

I think I bumped my head while under the house. Today I initiated a process to get my License reinstated that I let lapse, for another career, that I swore I would never return to :eek:

You coming home? :)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
It was slicker than snot on the side roads today. One turn the truck down shifted and went sideways then we stopped to back up for our drive we needed and when I hit reverse the rear slid out from under us at an idle no less. Can't wait for tomorrow. Pick up here then back to Detroit then south down 75. Ought to be a fun day !!!!!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was slicker than snot on the side roads today. One turn the truck down shifted and went sideways then we stopped to back up for our drive we needed and when I hit reverse the rear slid out from under us at an idle no less. Can't wait for tomorrow. Pick up here then back to Detroit then south down 75. Ought to be a fun day !!!!!

That's scary. With my spin out I was probably only going about 15-20mph at the time thankfully, but it don't take much. Anything south sounds really nice right now.

guido4475

Not a Member
With the continuing down trend over the last 2 years, just keeping a viable option available if worse comes to worse. Beats flipping burgers :rolleyes:

Getting my towmotor certification as a backup when I get out of this business, amongst another plan......DOT officer is on my mind.....lousy pay but excellent benefits...Have another idea I need to look into as well.....I want a normal home life!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I want a normal home life!

It's over rated I know. Normal=Rat race. But the calling seems to be getting stronger :(
It will take a lot more to get me to that point, but I can't say it does not creep more and more into my mind.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Getting my towmotor certification as a backup when I get out of this business, amongst another plan......DOT officer is on my mind.....lousy pay but excellent benefits...Have another idea I need to look into as well.....I want a normal home life!

Why not now?....Why wait?....not like you don't have the time between loads.....go for it.....we need one less out here.....even tho John will replace you before you can get the decals off.....LOL