November is here!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yesterday in Grand Rapids I got a load picking up in Holland going to Detroit area. Short trip to pick up started fine, then quickly found myself in a white out/snow/ice storm. Many cars in the ditch, including a Sprinter. As I reached Holland I was coming up to an intersection stop light. As soon as I touched the brake my Sprinter went in to a uncontrollable slide and spin. Definitely a life flashing before your eyes moment, as I slid helplessly towards traffic. Amazingly, I hit no one and was not hit in the process. My momentum was stopped by the curb on the side of the road, thankfully, not the ditch. Also, thanks to other alert drivers, there was enough room for me to back up, straighten out and continue on my way. I'd have to wait till I got to the pick up to change my pants :eek:

This was the first spin out I have experienced in over 3 years driving a Sprinter, I have had little fish tails before, but nothing like this. Oh yeah, since the load brought me close to home decided to take the weekend off :rolleyes:

GO LIONS!

Be careful out there gang.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Dangerous this time of the year. No treatment or residual treatments on the road. Small glazings can be very icy.

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
A very sweet lady who helped drive my aunt back and forth to work every day for a few months after her foot surgery, was killed on 131 yesterday. She was driving nb, when an out of control pickup driving sb, who was trying to aviod hitting a jeep Cherokee that had lost control, clipped her and pushed her in front of a small gas tanker. She was the nicest person and would do anything for anyone. Please be careful out there. We can be the best drivers in the world but someone else can lose control and hit us. Remember to leave lots of room and don't bunch up into traffic, hang back. Stay safe fellow drivers.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I picked up at Daifuku America, going to Daifuku Japan, at Nissan America, and my consignee contact name is Khalid Hassan. It's a brave new world.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I picked up at Daifuku America, going to Daifuku Japan, at Nissan America, and my consignee contact name is Khalid Hassan. It's a brave new world.

That one should have enough miles on it for you to take the winter off !!!

guido4475

Not a Member
Part of our strategy of automotive freight diversification. Figure babies will always like to eat?

With me being a smart aleck and all, I gotta say it....lmao...what are you planning on doing with that 75 pounds of baby food, John?....feeding the whiners?...lol....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
News flash.... No Malaysian airliner update and it is still darn cold.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Another news brief.. Expecting blizzard conditions here tomorrow and my garden seed order has been placed. And it's too darn cold!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As expected, pretty sore this morning after venturing into my house crawl space yesterday to do some investigating first hand. When I first moved in I had some work done under there. Based on reports and what I could see I knew it was very tight under there. Wow, I will give the guys credit that did the work, it is extremely tight. I had to contort my body just to get through the opening, pulling muscles left and right. Once in, there is no room to crawl, just wiggle and pull yourself along the best you can. Why in the world would this space be that small is beyond me :confused: