November Banter and Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Just got my flu shot and had to delay my coffee until I got my A1C..methinks there musta been a shortage of coffee around here this morning...such whooping and hollaring going on! :)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Its snowing in Michigan. My dad sent me a picture of their deck, coated with snow. They are up between Mt Pleasant and Big Rapids.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Finally empty in Rocky Mount NC....This place is dock high only, but only because of the rules, not because they don't have the capacity to unload off a ramp, they do or even use the fork trucks that were on the ground...they just won't.....So over an hour later and I hand u loaded it.....

Now at the Wally World hopin to get a load out yet today....

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
See you all next year. Had enough. Fed up. Now get home messages aren't getting put in. So get an offer the opposite direction. Go figure.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unreal..5 hours sleep and Mike called with a load from Erie to Alma Mi.....now at the Walmart in Alma for the night....now 4 for 4 on the week....:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
See you all next year. Had enough. Fed up. Now get home messages aren't getting put in. So get an offer the opposite direction. Go figure.

Sorry you had such a bad tour out....nothing went your way....been there...but it will come around...I guess next year for ya....Have a good time buddy...:D

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter

think about the rest of us when your sitting on your boat drinking a ****tail.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Sorry you had such a bad tour out....nothing went your way....been there...but it will come around...I guess next year for ya....Have a good time buddy...:D

My trust has run out I'm afraid.

11/4/11 msg #608269 sent a msg to pls move me east. Need to be in Baltimore by the 14th.
Read by LStunson

11/4/11 msg #608273 sent by LStunson. 10-4 I have received your msg.

Never got put in the notes, got a load offer tonight after sitting here a day and a half going to Belvidere. The opposite direction. Something needs to change. Perhaps they just don't take us serious anymore.

Out if service until March.

Call me if something changes!

Take care Ken. I'll be in touch.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
They're real quick to push that button to zero out your dwell time but can't do or won't do the other things that are important. Like rate the loads so they get paid on time or put in notes. This isn't the first time.

The "we are busy" card won't fly anymore with me.

So now its a 422 mile DH after 10 day notice.

They need to start doing their job NOW!

Sorry about the rant guys and girls.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Its snowing in Michigan. My dad sent me a picture of their deck, coated with snow. They are up between Mt Pleasant and Big Rapids.
Yes it is. I'm in Rockford, just north of Grand Rapids. Snowed like crazy all the way up here. Roads were covered or semi-covered most of the way from Battle Creek, but still, the fine folks of western Michigan appear to have never seen snow before. Constant 25-35 MPH and constantly puttin' on the brakes on 94 and then on 131. Sheesh.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I admit I've always been puzzled how people can say, "I didn't do "THAT" because I was too busy" as if to imply somehow that "THAT" wasn't also their job. It's akin to saying, "I was too busy doing my job to do my job." That cracks me up. :D

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
They're real quick to push that button to zero out your dwell time but can't do or won't do the other things that are important. Like rate the loads so they get paid on time or put in notes. This isn't the first time.

The "we are busy" card won't fly anymore with me.

So now its a 422 mile DH after 10 day notice.

They need to start doing their job NOW!

Sorry about the rant guys and girls.

Sure didn't hear of any problems a few weeks back when you made between 5&6 grand to the truck in a single week!

I understand your frustrated .... Well very frustrated but cmon don't you think your over reacting maybe just a little? We can't be "fair weather" friends here! There is give and take in every business and I understand as of late you have been doing a lot of giving and yes I admit it does get frustrating but I'd be willing to bet if looked at your overall numbers VS miles ran for the last 2 quarters you might actually impress yourself!

And don't take this post as I'm nagging on you, scolding you, I'm trying to single you out, picking on you ect ect because your speaking out.... This is not the case im simply "reaching out" to the family member in dire need of help. I do hope your comment about not coming back out until March was due to being extremely upset at the moment and speaking without thinking clearly. I am often guilty of that myself!

Any how if you do stay home until March I hope you enjoy your time.... See ya around!

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Sure didn't hear of any problems a few weeks back when you made between 5&6 grand to the truck in a single week!

I understand your frustrated .... Well very frustrated but cmon don't you think your over reacting maybe just a little? We can't be "fair weather" friends here! There is give and take in every business and I understand as of late you have been doing a lot of giving and yes I admit it does get frustrating but I'd be willing to bet if looked at your overall numbers VS miles ran for the last 2 quarters you might actually impress yourself!

And don't take this post as I'm nagging on you, scolding you, I'm trying to single you out, picking on you ect ect because your speaking out.... This is not the case im simply "reaching out" to the family member in dire need of help. I do hope your comment about not coming back out until March was due to being extremely upset at the moment and speaking without thinking clearly. I am often guilty of that myself!

Any how if you do stay home until March I hope you enjoy your time.... See ya around!

I appreciative you reaching out. Yes, your right. I did have 2 fabulous weeks in August. From July till then it was ok. From then until now, it wasn't. I know its been slow. The numbers good and bad is not the issue. That's not the problem. Suffice it to say I have witnessed personally attitudes upstairs that have no place in this business directed towards o/os and drivers. It's very sad that a large percentage of the fleet won't even talk to a specific dispatcher or nicknames are being tagged to a few all because of these changing attitudes. We should be working together, not against each other.

Perhaps we are all guilty, me included, of cheerleading to the point that an air of arrogance has taken over upstairs because they can do no wrong or we have built them up and put them on a pedestal.

Sometimes when things happen to other folks, its hard to put ourselves in their shoes and know what they are going thru until something happens to you.

We as o/os are held to accountability. Pickup and deliver on time, paperwork scanned on time, logs and maintenance reports in on time. Treating customers in a professional and curtious manner, securing the freight etc... You all get the point.

Where is the accountability of the company employees. Now maybe its something we are not privy too, and that's fine. We are not company employees.

Over the course of maybe the last 5 or 6 weeks, I have gotten numerous emails and phone calls from o/os and drivers expressing their disdain.
I don't know why I was chosen to be the recipient, none the less, there is great concern out there among the ranks.

The point is, there is a problem. Whether it wants to be dealt with or swept under the carpet is not up to me. Left unattended, it will only fester until it is not fixable.

You all have a great holidays, see you next year.