November Banter and Location

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I think I was #10 this morning down here in Perrysburg. Haven't checked since. There was a FedEx, Tristate, nations and I think it was C&W here. They are all gone. Don't know if they got loads. Just me and a Bolt s/t here at the J.

Was gonna come back out after Thanksgiving. If stays like this, gonna be atleast after the New Year if even then. Could be March. All depends on the freight. Not worth it for me for 1 or 2 loads a week.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
unloaded 1st load of the week this morning in roanoke va. got out good last time i was here. see how it goes.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sorry been a little quiet the last few days. Was traveling and in conference and meetings. On a plane headed back to Detroit as I type. Couple of thoughts.

1) We hate when things are slow as well.
2) Operations has to work harder to move trucks when it is slow versus when the phones and boards are lite up. So they are actually busier searching, calling, and bidding.
3) We have added 4.5 additional new bodies into the expedite division in the last 30 days.
4) We are hoping that these new bodies will assist in helping to improve customer service, add freight to the system and to ensure better data entry.
5) We are working on getting the rate information automatically sent to the truck on dispatch. I think we will get this accomplished but it will NOT be perfect. Load rates have to be adjusted manually for split loads and some other factors. The rate that will come across may be the full rate as we will not know the split info at time of dispatch. So if we get this to work it will be with some realistic limitations. My fear is that I will have people complaining that they got automatic info that was not what they were paid in these events.
6) We have a tool in our software that allows us to see how our freight volumes are compared to the other Sylectus Alliance carriers as a whole. It is very clear by the charts that everyone has slowed down. We are still trending better than the composite average of our competitors.
7) I personally promise you that we will continue to strive to make our owner operators as successful as possible and to try to respond to your needs and suggestions as best we can.

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry been a little quiet the last few days. Was traveling and in conference and meetings. On a plane headed back to Detroit as I type. Couple of thoughts.

2) Operations has to work harder to move trucks when it is slow versus when the phones and boards are lite up. So they are actually busier searching, calling, and bidding.
3) We have added 4.5 additional new bodies into the expedite division in the last 30 days.
4) We are hoping that these new bodies will assist in helping to improve customer service, add freight to the system and to ensure better data entry.
5) We are working on getting the rate information automatically sent to the truck on dispatch. I think we will get this accomplished but it will NOT be perfect. Load rates have to be adjusted manually for split loads and some other factors. The rate that will come across may be the full rate as we will not know the split info at time of dispatch. So if we get this to work it will be with some realistic limitations. My fear is that I will have people complaining that they got automatic info that was not what they were paid in these events.
6) We have a tool in our software that allows us to see how our freight volumes are compared to the other Sylectus Alliance carriers as a whole. It is very clear by the charts that everyone has slowed down. We are still trending better than the composite average of our competitors.
7) I personally promise you that we will continue to strive to make our owner operators as successful as possible and to try to respond to your needs and suggestions as best we can.
enjoy your flight John, have a cold one for me.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter

4.5 additional bodies! Confused where did the other half go? *l*

guido4475

Not a Member

Thank you so much for you're honesty,as always,It is so much appreciated! Instead of giving us some kind of sales pitch, you tell us the absolute truth.and that is what makes Load One Load One.No B.S.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got into Rocky Mount NC and m delivery at 0010....stopped at the guard shack, then was told my "scheduled delivery time was 1000 in the am, "seeya then"......not 0800 or 0945...they will not let you in the yard until our scheduled time....

Soooo..Walmart 10 miles away until I wake up in the morning..

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Starting to look like a EO convention here at the J in Perrysburg. 3 Bolt, 1 Nations, 2 Express 1 and me.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Tristate here also. Dang no Panther, maybe they are at the Petro! ;)

I like the fact that our qc shop can mount the antenna inside the vehicle instead of on the roof.

Since John did away with the blue stripe, our logo's look pretty darn good when sitting next to others.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Still near Nashville this AM, #2 of 2 large st in area. But probably not going to see a load heading to NC, so gonna bite the bullet and DH the 400 miles home. The pits, but needed to be home this weekend.

guido4475

Not a Member
Still at home, in service, but this is alot better than being in a truckstop, waiting for a load..Getting alot of things done in the mean time, but a load would be nice...lol..And, I know Ken is counting and hoping I get a load since he will be # 2 out of here, if here relocates here after his nap.Expecting snow tonight and Friday night.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
At the yard. had a good load cancel due to being for a straight truck and customer was trying to do it in a van. made the decision to run locals for.the rest of the week so we could attend the benefit on Saturday and nephews 5 birthday Sunday. We know that things will turn around next week, hopefully. But I would rather be stuck here than anywhere else. ok well maybe Florida.....