November Banter and Location

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Delivered this morning to the north America training center for wind generators in Elgin Il. They had 1 of the blades outside on display. Ya see them go down the road on special trailers or in the air working, but never been that close to one. They are huge. The base is 5' diameter. The units are all reassembled, so installation is a plug in and stack.

This is strange, the only piece not assembled and shipped with the head unit is canvas bellows. Which is what I delivered. Made in an upholstery shop in Hull, IA. 4x8'x5" 140 lbs.

At the TA in Hampshire Il. Waiting for a load to take me east. Gotta be home by Monday eve. Va Dr appoint. On Tue.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
ya, as to the alternative. after 11 yrs, in this business we have learned to sit pretty good. doesnt do any good to be impatient. doest make the loads come any faster. having a sense of trust that dispatch is looking helps also. we have the sense that if we are sitting and not getting freight, one of two things are going on. one, there is none. two, the freight that is there is most likely not profitable for me or load one. as you said, its a trust thing. we trust they are doing all they can. everyone sits in s. tx. every now and then.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
In service, at home. have some security? things to take care of before we can leave. Should be up to the yard in a little while.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Joe called last night, (early too, about 2100) and asked me to move to the Youngstown area....Got here about 0230 and went to bed...got a call from one of the new people in dispatch and after i accepted it, it turned into a mess and they had to give it to someone else...such is life....

So I am at the "J" in Hubbard, Oh of I-80 for the night hoping to get a load out of here in the morning....but, for now its dinner time....:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Won the load lottery today...ran 2 loads....great day money wise...:D

Especially when they were both UNDER 200 MILES....:rolleyes:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
At the J in Perrysburg. Delivered this morning to Chrysler. Waiting for the next load to take me further east or better yet home.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the J in Perrysburg. Delivered this morning to Chrysler. Waiting for the next load to take me further east or better yet home.

Again? Home?.....gee whiz...can't make money there...:p

oh yeah...good morning Ron....LOL

The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities...:)

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I want to make an EO account and the name will be Nobody so when I see stupid crap people post, I can Like it.

And it will say Nobody Likes This....LOL

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Joe called last night (early again, around 2115) and told me to head home to Toledo.....hope'n that with over 100 hrs available and empty I'll get something from here.....be nice to start the week and get the 1st run of the week on Weds......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Joe called last night (early again, around 2115) and told me to head home to Toledo.....hope'n that with over 100 hrs available and empty I'll get something from here.....be nice to start the week and get the 1st run of the week on Weds......

Well I had the empty move too....then proceeded to get my 187 mile load...as some refuse do under 200 milers....:rolleyes:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Again? Home?.....gee whiz...can't make money there...:p

oh yeah...good morning Ron....LOL

The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities...:)

Let's see, I think you've been home twice since I was last home! Slacker! ;)

By the way, there is money to be made sitting at home! Just walk outside, mug a few folks and go back home. It is Baltimore after all! Just kidding... Maybe! :)

Since your a alien (not illegal I don't think) you're probably aren't familiar with the ways of the VA medical system. You get assigned a primary care Dr. This person is kinda like the gate keeper. Everything goes thru that person to get to the next level. The problem is, there isn't enough gate keepers, so an appointment is made 3 to 6 months in advance. If you miss or reschedule that appointment. It's another 3 months. Now I've heard, but never experienced it, that the smaller facilities wait time is a little less. If anything comes up in the meantime, you go to the Va emergency room. And just think, I get to pay a deductible and my health insurance gets billed for the rest. What an entitlements system! ;b

Anyhow, gonna get the flu shot and the annual check up. So not gonna miss the appointment on Tue.

Hold down the fort, ok.