No One wants to build it!!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Walls don't work. Never have, never will
So do you think they should take down the fence at the Whitehouse?
Irrelevant question.
I don't think it's irrelevant at all. Saying that walls don't work is literally making the case for removing the fencing around the White House, because it would be just as secure with or without the fencing.
Were talking about building a wall as a means to keep out illegal immigrants.
Big difference imo.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The concept is exactly the same. The wall is a deterrent, and other security measures are layered onto it to make the wall more effective.

A locked front door won't keep out someone determined to enter your home, but it's certainly more effective than no door at all. And to the locked door, you add a layer of, say, an alarm system and a 12 gauge shotgun, and the locked door becomes even more effective.

There are countries all over Europe that have had to erect walls along their borders to help slow the unfettered flow of refugees and other various and assorted diversities. And they're working.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Still think it would be better to move military training along our boarder give our troops experience in police training most of our last few wars have been more police action than war

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the REAL stupid thing is...they want the wall and Trumps want to hire 20,000 more armed civil servants??? to what end?....they should be able to cut staff as the wall would be an end to the means...the wall would release so much resources to be used on the fight against drugs....

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
the REAL stupid thing is...they want the wall and Trumps want to hire 20,000 more armed civil servants??? to what end?....they should be able to cut staff as the wall would be an end to the means...the wall would release so much resources to be used on the fight against drugs....
The fight against drugs is something else that needs to be overhauled how much money is wasted there to

Reactions: Grizzly

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The fight against drugs is something else that needs to be overhauled how much money is wasted there to
All we have to is invade Columbia and burn the fields down ... what can they do about it? Lol they won't do anything we will... heck we invaded Iraq for a lesser reason ...

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
True but adding money to fix a problem doesn't work
All government jobs needs to be overhauled and put more on a private company style than intilment program and if they can't do the job replace them

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Walls don't work. Never have, never will
So do you think they should take down the fence at the Whitehouse?
Irrelevant question.
I don't think it's irrelevant at all. Saying that walls don't work is literally making the case for removing the fencing around the White House, because it would be just as secure with or without the fencing.
The WH has a minigun on the roof. The wall just saves ammo.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have little doubt that Mexico will pay for the wall, eventually. I mean, they're not gonna write a check and say, "Here ya go, Amigo," but but in reduced aid from the US, in seized remittances, increased tariffs, lots of ways.

Reactions: RoadTime

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have little doubt that Mexico will pay for the wall, eventually. I mean, they're not gonna write a check and say, "Here ya go, Amigo," but but in reduced aid from the US, in seized remittances, increased tariffs, lots of ways.
Don't kid yourself.

Soon as Mexico pushes back and the profits for corporations that do business there are effected, we will see a different attitude.

Imo

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Don't kid yourself.

Soon as Mexico pushes back and the profits for corporations that do business there are effected, we will see a different attitude.

Imo
So you think Mexico will change their attitude and just cut a check?

Just kidding.

You may be right about some backlash. I think there will be some (there already has been some on the notion of 20% or whatever being slapped on imports). But the reality is, Mexico needs us way more than we need them, and the US companies that moved manufacturing to Mexico aren't likely to get much sympathy, especially after corporate tax reform. I think it was GM that (was one of the companies who) complained about the possibility of having to pay 20% to re-import parts. Trump told them they could always re-impprt the manufacturing jobs instead.

It'll all get shaken out in the wash one way or the other.