No One wants to build it!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trump’s Wall Is 30 Feet of Scary Politics for Builders...

Trump’s Wall Is 30 Feet of Scary Politics for Builders

Mexican cement giant Cemex SAB won’t participate, though it is well positioned to profit with plants on both sides of the border.

Neither will Vinci SA, a big French engineering company, after Chief Executive Officer Xavier Huillard cited the “sensitivities” of employees. Emmanuel Macron, frontrunner for the French presidency, has warned LafargeHolcim Ltd., the world’s largest cement maker, to steer clear. Union leaders at that company have branded the wall undemocratic.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And then you have the City of San Francisco who said they will fine any company that they do business with that participates in the construction of the wall.

To bad that story the other day about selling California to Mexico was a joke.....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am kind of opposed to the wall as well....I can see the point...but a few shot trespassers would get the point across as well....a wall can go both ways....do you really trust your government that much?...what keeps people out also keeps people in....think East Germany

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't really think we need a wall either, fine anyone who knowingly hires an illegal alien 50k a day and there will be no reason for them to come here.

And take it one step further, 10k reward for reporting it, even if the person is illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
it seems back assward to build such a secure wall then hire 20,000 more agents?....well they could lay some off...

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
The great trumpet wall that company's don't want to build
Why
Cement company's wander how many people they hire that forgot to get proper paper work stands to reason that they might have to hire someone and pay SS insurance
Construction companies probably the same thing

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Not sure if a wall would prevent all crossings but using a GPS on shortest I've ran in and out of border towns without crossing a check point
This has been done acedental so if I a American can do it why can't the people who forgot to get proper paper work do it

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Walls don't work. Never have, never will
we spent the better part of 5 trillion dollars getting one to come down....Reagan spent more and more then tripled our debt in comparison to Obama, but at least Reagan got something for the dollars...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope that's why you see them all the time around business's, prisons, the white house, the Vatican. Nope don't work and never will.

Seriously no one ever said a wall will stop everyone but do a little research on how the fences built shifted crossings to tougher areas in Arizona. To say they Flat out don't work is foolish. They do slow down some, stop others and shift access points.

Reactions: acvox24

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So do you think they should take down the fence at the Whitehouse?
also irrelevant...your response is so CNNish....LOL
Nope that's why you see them all the time around business's, prisons, the white house, the Vatican.
Sure, around small, guarded parcels of land a wall might appear to work. But on a scale of a magnitude this large, it won't.

Note: Even a building as well guarded as The White House, somebody gets past it.

Intruder breaches White House grounds, arrested near residence entrance - CNNPolitics.com
They're not building a two thousand mile wall down there.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
also irrelevant...your response is so CNNish....LOL
Irrelevant question.
I'll take that as a no.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Reactions: muttly and xiggi