No guns in England, but

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Not that I am disputing it, seeing as there is a drawer full of knives in any home :rolleyes:

but ......

that report is a year old " 19 January 2012 Last updated at 07:58 ET "

:p:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It does not even matter. The United States is not England and England is not the United States. There is no valid comparison. We are different, have different histories and different ideas of what we consider freedom is and the role of government. WE threw out the ideas of England during our revolution from them. Our dreams are vastly different.

What works in England will never work here.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
We should all just carry a sword like pirates, but its rough to pick your teeth with a 3 foot sword and just try getting in your car with one of those things on.........................

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
tea and crumpets, I don't think so, not all girls are dainty and delicate.........lol

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
We should all just carry a sword like pirates, but its rough to pick your teeth with a 3 foot sword and just try getting in your car with one of those things on.........................

I actually carry a sword. :cool:

sent using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Liberal logic. Legislate against inanimate objects repeatedly while ignoring real solutions and then wonder why nothing is being solved.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Liberal logic. Legislate against inanimate objects repeatedly while ignoring real solutions and then wonder why nothing is being solved.

It does not even matter. The United States is not England and England is not the United States. There is no valid comparison. We are different, have different histories and different ideas of what we consider freedom is and the role of government. WE threw out the ideas of England during our revolution from them. Our dreams are vastly different.

What works in England will never work here.

I rest my case :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
More people are murdered in the kitchen with kitchen knives than with with any other weapon.

I carry my trusty...
1196453940-SAKgif.gif

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More people are murdered in the kitchen with kitchen knives than with with any other weapon.

I carry my trusty...
1196453940-SAKgif.gif

The question that then remains, do we outlaw kitchen knives or kitchens. I guess it would vary by each case. The way so many people murder dinner it may be best to outlaw kitchens for them.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The question that then remains, do we outlaw kitchen knives or kitchens. I guess it would vary by each case. The way so many people murder dinner it may be best to outlaw kitchens for them.

Just don't outlaw peanut butter, I got a plastic knife toooooo

Brisco

Expert Expediter

This is meant for people who were murdered in a "Kitchen"..........Right??

Trying to be sneaky there..........aint 'cha.:rolleyes:

But...you did catch my interest with that statement.....of which made me look into what the most common tools of "Murder" were in the US.

And of course........Guns are No 1............

2008 Study: Top 10 most common murder weapons |

2009 Study: The Top 5 Weapons Used to Commit Murder in the United States

And thousands of others just like these are out there. (These were just on page 1 of my Google Search)

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
So, rounding up or rounding down,,,,Killed by guns: 10,000 estimate low. ( yearly stats )

Killed by autos: 30,000 estimate low.

Killed on demand: 50,000 abortions estimate low.

You decide , basically we are a dangerous society or rather mankind is a dangerous animal, like it or not. I really wish we could all get along, we are all nuts to a degree....imho of course....................

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is meant for people who were murdered in a "Kitchen"..........Right??

Trying to be sneaky there..........aint 'cha.:rolleyes:

But...you did catch my interest with that statement.....of which made me look into what the most common tools of "Murder" were in the US.

And of course........Guns are No 1............

2008 Study: Top 10 most common murder weapons |

2009 Study: The Top 5 Weapons Used to Commit Murder in the United States

And thousands of others just like these are out there. (These were just on page 1 of my Google Search)

It makes no difference what so ever how a person is murdered or with what tool. Murder is ALREADY illegal and THAT law did NOTHING to stop the murder. Just as gun control will have no affect on LOWERING murder and crime. It will, however, greatly INCREASE both.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's what makes the whole notion of outlawing guns so absurd. True enough, on average, about 66% of murders in the US are committed with guns, but if guns weren't available, as is the case in many countries, those murders would simply be committed with some other weapon. Getting rid of guns won't get rid of murders, it'll only get rid of gun murders.

There is a significant percentage of murders (13%) that are committed with knives or some other cutting instrument. 4% by blunt objects like baseball bats, nearly 7% by bare hands (strangulation, or using feet, fists or pushing), and less than 1% by arson. Interestingly, arson used to be in the 3 and 4 percent range. I guess smoke detectors has snuffed out arson as an effective method of homicide. But do we outlaw blunt objects, and bare and fisted hands, along with kitchen knives?

I have like 10 Victorinox Swiss Army knives, and I have between 4 and 8 of them in the truck at any given time (currently 7), one on my keys that I carry with me everywhere. It's literally my keychain. It's not one of those little bitty 2.5-inch ones, the Classic, it's a larger one, 3.5-inch Huntsman Lite (which has among other things a wood saw and a small flashlight (or torch, for Sue)). But it's still small enough that when I pull it out in public the sheeple don't freak out like they would with a larger fix-blade or a large lock blade knife (which is also one of the 7 I have with me, and it also has a large, lock-blade seat belt cutter for emergencies, but also comes in really handy for cutting those nylon freight bands). They are knives that don't freak out Customs officials, although thanks to a dramatic lowering of world intelligence it freaks out the TSA at the airport.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As I have stated many times before, the passage of a law does not prevent the crime. It only establishes a crime. That crime is then broken.

Laws that prohibit desired items, like booze, drugs or guns, have never succeeded in preventing people from obtaining those things. All it has ever done was create a black market for that item and the increases in crime that go with that.