No guns in England, but

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's what makes the whole notion of outlawing guns so absurd. True enough, on average, about 66% of murders in the US are committed with guns, but if guns weren't available, as is the case in many countries, those murders would simply be committed with some other weapon. Getting rid of guns won't get rid of murders, it'll only get rid of gun murders.

You mean like in the 102 nations around the world that have a higher murder rate per capita than the U.S., the majority of which also ban guns? Who would ever imagine. :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is meant for people who were murdered in a "Kitchen"..........Right??

Trying to be sneaky there..........aint 'cha.:rolleyes:
I don't know why you think it's sneaky. It's a fairly plain and straightforward statement. Yes, it's meant for people who were murdered in a "Kitchen". That's why I used the phrase "in the kitchen". I used that phrase specifically so as not to confuse someone.

Here's one that will really mess you up. Most people who are murdered on a golf course are murdered with a golf club.

It was also used to illustrate that people will kill using the most readily available weapon. If guns are not readily available, people will use something else. And that's the fallacy, where people think if you eliminate guns you'll eliminate all those murders. But eliminating guns, or kitchen knives from the kitchen, won't eliminate murder. They'll use a cast iron skillet or something, whatever is handy.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I would much rather be killed with a gun than a knife, for those of you here that don't like me and are planning something, please be kind.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well I see statements like guns are illegal in Canada.... Which is not true...

As far as I understand, handguns are or are at least greatly restricted. There was, at one time, a BIG push to outlaw semi auto's of any type, including shot guns.

I really don't care what they do in Canada, none of my business. Not my country. I would never move there. FAR to restrictive on the things I like to do.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hand guns are almost a no no...but one could be proved deathly wrong that a crook could walk into any Canadian home and not get shot! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
"If guns were banned, I'd sure think twice before using one to commit a crime," said no criminal ever.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hand guns are almost a no no...but one could be proved deathly wrong that a crook could walk into any Canadian home and not get shot! LOL

When a crook breaks into a home he/she/it SHOULD face getting shot! NO person has a RIGHT to break into a home to steal or do harm to it's owners.