No Forced Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I still say y'all are nuts, trust is one thing, and maybe Load 1 is a trustful company

As for me tho' there is no way in hell that I would accept a load without knowing what it it paid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I still say y'all are nuts, trust is one thing, and maybe Load 1 is a trustful company

As for me tho' there is no way in hell that I would accept a load without knowing what it it paid.

Yea we are all just a bunch of idiots and John is just biding time to start screwing us over like the carriers some other run for...:rolleyes:

You know Load 1 is really a "cult".....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
SAY WHAT!!!!! , you are expected to accept loads that you don't even know what the pay is? how crazy is that?:confused:
At most carriers it would be off-the-charts, bat crap crazy. But at Load 1 it works.

As for my deadhead, it varies wildly. I'm currently on a load that's 123 DH for 397 loaded. It pays more than a buck a mile all miles, as usual. Funny how that works.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
SAY WHAT!!!!! , you are expected to accept loads that you don't even know what the pay is? how crazy is that?:confused:

Funny thing how ones "expectations" grows.....when we get say a CV load that pays between $1.00 and .90 cents we call that cheap.....LOL then we think back to our previous carriers what we carried for...and the world gets better again.....:)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I heard Load 1 is trying to buy out Panther also .

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I really think it is a trust issue. We will on occasion take a load where they are talking to the customer to determine price and availability. This might happen if we are the only truck in the area. They either know what parameter we will do something or they will call and ask. We give them a price and they do what they have to do to secure the load. Everyone wins.
We have never been sent a load that was agreed to with a lower price than what was discussed.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Fedex to me: we have a load from NY to TX that needs picked up ASAP.

Me to fedex: what are the dimensions?

Fedex to me: 48x48x60 3pcs.

Me to fedex: sounds good to me.

That sounds crazy just typing it.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, Ovm , and between laughs also. And just woke up from nap.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Fedex to me: we have a load from NY to TX that needs picked up ASAP.

Me to fedex: what are the dimensions?

Fedex to me: 48x48x60 3pcs.

Me to fedex: sounds good to me.

That sounds crazy just typing it.

Try:

Dispatch: I don't know what the dimemsions are..they just a "sprinter..."

Me: screw it, it is what it is...send it over...:D

But then again I can understand your way of thinking...I wouldn't trust Fed Ex either,,,,:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most of the time 0 pieces 0 weight. not stackable..LOL mystery load!
dims are usually wrong anyhows....

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
FedEx never forced us to take a load or penalized us for turn downs. I think we turned down more than 25 in one day.

I see that as being the problem. No way would I being associated with a carrier that would insult me 25 times a day.

jamespope

Not a Member
I know a straight truck team that said no to a load going to ND...they worked for load 1.....they didn't get any offers for a week after that...so they dumped load 1. Sounds fishy to me. I'm sure there are two sides to the story but either way, it does not look good for load 1. It's just a matter of time before someone like me who has a lot of time on there hands, sues the pants off a company for doing that BS. Yes they will **** the wrong person off one day. Just a matter of time. It wouldn't take much to get all the info for the week no offers came in...loads in and out etc. the trail of paperwork would burn load 1 in court. Plus get fined cause IC's are only IC's if it's non forced. By forcing dispatch on IC's, then they are employee's, plus broken contracts etc... then load 1 opens a can of worms....just a matter of time....the tax man is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know a straight truck team that said no to a load going to ND...they worked for load 1.....they didn't get any offers for a week after that...so they dumped load 1. Sounds fishy to me. I'm sure there are two sides to the story but either way, it does not look good for load 1. It's just a matter of time before someone like me who has a lot of time on there hands, sues the pants off a company for doing that BS. Yes they will **** the wrong person off one day. Just a matter of time. It wouldn't take much to get all the info for the week no offers came in...loads in and out etc. the trail of paperwork would burn load 1 in court. Plus get fined cause IC's are only IC's if it's non forced. By forcing dispatch on IC's, then they are employee's, plus broken contracts etc... then load 1 opens a can of worms....just a matter of time....the tax man is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Since most carriers work that way....they all better watch out....;)

I sat for 3 days Wed thru Saturday being #1 in the Indy area with E-1 after a turned down a crappy load....got my slap on the hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.