New to EO

BeagleMom

Seasoned Expediter
Well, I hope this is the right place for this, couldn't figure out where else to put it :confused:

My significant other and I have been driving expedite for just over a year now. He drove TT for several years prior but I don't have a Class A so here we are.

I have been reading the forums as a guest for a few days now trying to get a feel for things so hopefully I won't make too many miss-steps, just yell at me if I do. I promise I won't bite, not too hard anyway :D

My avatar is our dog who travels with us and her pup is also here and we have 1 more at home and 2 horses. We are driving one of those red KWs that I have seen some of you talking about and we actually made it by the office today to say hello to everyone. We are a couple of those stuck-up purple and blue drivers. :p

Actually truth be told we are probably 2 of the friendliest people you will ever meet. We never judge by first impressions and always respond with a wave back whenever we get one, and no it is not a "one-fingered" wave :D We are currently sitting at the Petro in West Memphis waiting, something we have been doing way too much of lately. But it has gotten a little better the last week or so. If you are nearby come find us and say hello. We are pretty close to the door for us and grass for our 4-legged children. A special thank you to the drivers who told us about this site, we owe you.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome aboard.

Just so you understand proper etiquette for EO members here is one very important detail. For the next thirty days you must ask each expediter you see at any truck stop if they are an EO member. If they say yes you need to ask their screen name and then most importantly you must buy them dinner.

Hope this info helps get you off to a smooth start....:D

BeagleMom

Seasoned Expediter
Welcome aboard.

Just so you understand proper etiquette for EO members here is one very important detail. For the next thirty days you must ask each expediter you see at any truck stop if they are an EO member. If they say yes you need to ask their screen name and then most importantly you must buy them dinner.

Hope this info helps get you off to a smooth start....:D

I am digging out the hip waders because I can already see that it can get quite deep in here :D

Thank you for the Welcome!

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
xiggi Wow I like your rules!

BeagleMom welcome to the fray! We are glad to have your here and an animal lover is the best. Hope to meet up you guys soon and cannot wait for our "supper" LOL

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Welcome to EO! We've seen quite a few of those red KW's lately, but none with a Beagle. We've got a "Bugsy" and he loves to play!!! Hope to meet you down' the road somewhere.:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to the club!!! I have run beagles my entire life, good looking dog!! Alas, we can't have one now. :( We too are freindly FDCC people, shoot, we even talked to some Panther drivers last week!!! Layoutshooter

BeagleMom

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you all for the warm welcomes! We just got a load and will be headed to Akron this evening. We have until Monday to get there so we will probably stop by the house on the way. We can raid the refrigerator and give the dogs some play time outside of the truck.

This morning our momma dog gave the Petro kitchen the doggie seal of approval. My other half was putting the pup back into the truck and getting momma out when she slipped past him and made a run for it. It could have been disaster but she made a beeline for the back door and ran right into the kitchen lol I think they may be rethinking the idea of leaving that door propped open from now on :p Luckily she has only ever managed to get loose on us twice the entire time we have had her. Last time it was in Pennsylvania, in winter, at night and it took 2 hours to catch her. She gets looking for rabbits and forgets everything else.

We will be keeping an eye out for our new EO friends. I don't think we can afford supper but I think we can swing a cup of coffee, although we heard that the price of coffee is going up so who knows :eek:

C-ya'll later!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
maybe the wife and i and doc {our beagle} will meet up somewhere so us and the beagles can get aquainted. i will try to get a pic of doc and daisy on my sig. line so you can see them. daisy is a beagle and dachsund mix and 1 1/2 0ld doc is almost 4 . look for us out there on the road, we have a silver frtlnr w/ blue fenders, pretty easy to spot. we are leased to arrow critical supply. we'll be watchin for you.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Your truck sounds really pretty. I like the idea of the gray and the blue and you would be pretty easy to spot!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Welcome and glad to see more animal people out here.

I got a really dumb question;

I wonder how well do beagles like the road with that energy?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
thanks, we appreciate the compliment. we try to take good care of the old girl. just gotta give you guys a hard time like everyone else, its silver not battleship gray, only kidding. my brother inlaw calls it the uss mattoon, inside joke. however it is the only one we have ever seen. thanks heath woods, he payed for the paint job. as far as the beagle in the truck, he does great. we play in the truck best we can and walk alot. he is happiest when we are stopped so he can meet all his new friends, or should i say anyone he come across he thinks should be his friend. best of all though is the amount of stress he seems to take away. he is my buddy. we also have another and they take turns in the truck, she is great in the truck also, but she is much smaller at 20# compared to docs 40# so she is able to entertain herself inside the truck quite easily. all i can say is i am glad to have them.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Heath and Middle Georgia are good people to work with.

I agree Molly is good for my soul which is why I just am not sure White Glove is worth it. We could make more money and be stressed or make less money and have our good friend with us. As far as Molly goes she has always been a very good friend to us and has no worries but after she passes will we be able to not have a pet in the truck? Take care of your beagles they sure are cute.

We will be watching for you like I said as I really like the ideas of those colors and I had no clue Heath had such good taste. I will have to ask him about this hidden talent at the Expo in July.

BeagleMom

Seasoned Expediter
Wow, what a small world, our momma Beagle is also named Daisy :D The pup is Babygirl. They get plenty of exercise wrestling on the bed. Babygirl keeps Daisy on her toes and they usually end up wearing each other out. We are keeping our eyes out for everyone. I think I have seen that silver and blue truck but I think it was last summer some time. We are just a plain red KW no reefer or liftgate or anything fancy :) We did get some interesting info when we were at ES offices. We were told not to go into Canada. Apparently when you go there they have the right to hook your truck up to a computer and if it will go faster than 65 they will write you a ticket. We can go 68 on the foot and 72 on the cruise so I think maybe Canada is a no no. Thats ok I wasn't thrilled with the idea anyway :p We will be in Akron tomorrow morning delivering and after that who knows? :confused: