New Pilot/Flying J Frequent Fueler Advantage Program

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Before they screwed it all up I was using my Fedex issued TChek card at the gasoline pump. I'd use it and then it would ask for my payback card and I think then ask if I wanted a receipt. Then I fueled and got receipt and drove off. No fuss, no muss, 7 minutes start to finish and on my way again. I hope that's how it's going to work again starting tomorrow.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just signed up using my old J card.
Leo, did you do this on-line or in person? Do they issue a new card? I have continued to use my old J card and got double whammy points during the months of November and December.

guido4475

Not a Member
I dearly miss the T/A's. The showers made you feel wanted there.The fuel was better,in my opinion, as my mpg's have dropped somewhat since using FlyingPilot fuel now.It takes sometimes twice as long to get fuel at a Pilot.Always a cluster**** just to get to the fuel pumps.I could usually roll in and out of a T/A especially the ones that had the pump receipt printer working.It is so obvious that the FlyingPilot will do everything to avoid spending money on their facilities....just take a look at their parking lots when it is snowing compared to a Petro or T/A. Every FlyingPilot I have been to this winter had untouched,packed down snow-covered lots and fuel islands.Let me slip and fall one time...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dearly miss the T/A's. The showers made you feel wanted there.The fuel was better,in my opinion, as my mpg's have dropped somewhat since using FlyingPilot fuel now.It takes sometimes twice as long to get fuel at a Pilot.Always a cluster**** just to get to the fuel pumps.I could usually roll in and out of a T/A especially the ones that had the pump receipt printer working.It is so obvious that the FlyingPilot will do everything to avoid spending money on their facilities....just take a look at their parking lots when it is snowing compared to a Petro or T/A. Every FlyingPilot I have been to this winter had untouched,packed down snow-covered lots and fuel islands.Let me slip and fall one time...

showers have feelings? so a good shower gives you the warm and fuzzies? as the pump outside screws you over? with higher then average prices...

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
Iv'e stoped using the J AND PELOTS BECAUSE THE TAB BANK CARD THEY ARE SAYING IS A FLEET CARD AND I CAN'T MAKE PURCHASE AS A CREDIT CARD THEY WANT YOU TO USE ATM PAY ATM FEES THEN PAY THIER OVER PRICEDED JUNK SO I NOW WILL USE WHO EVER BUT THEM AND WILL TAKE UP A PARKING SPOT TO THE HELL WITH PILOT

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Leo, did you do this on-line or in person? Do they issue a new card? I have continued to use my old J card and got double whammy points during the months of November and December.
Go to the Web site and register, answer the two-question survey, and your old J card will be automatically registered for pump start (since you've already got a payment history on that card) and will have a shower credit added.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did it online. It took a few minutes starting it then going for the email they sent and then back to finish the signup and then a couple clicks on the survey tab. I had the old card in my wallet even though I wasn't using them so my old card is now my new card.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I still have my old card, and I registered the Pilot card, as well. Now both show up, but only the old Flying J card shows as being the "pump start" card. I'll combine the points from both cards onto the Flying J card, then get rid of the Pilot card. And then I'll just go back to using the TA like normal.

seekerman

Expert Expediter
If you're in a van and pump at the "front" pumps like I do, the card reader at the pump will not read the card, as usual, and add any reward points or shower credits. You will still have to take your receipt inside, or show them the credit card you used so they can pull a receipt if you forgot to get one, to get the 1/2 shower or points added at the counter if you use the car pumps to get your diesel. If using the Driver Payback card, copy down the number from the Frequent Fueler Card that the site will assign you, use the kiosk, and transfer the points and shower they give you when signing up to the Driver Payback card, and that's what you can use from then on out. No need to get a new card. I'm really happy about this turn of events, as showers were a problem.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
went into a pilot yesterday and a manager tried to set up my new card for me, well as usual the computers were down thatlet u register a new card,,I just love the Pilots,,how they stay in business I dont know,,why they could not copy the J setup I dont know,,,companies have got to quit reinventing the wheel IMHO,,,,,,Ps I do have a shower credit now,,,yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
Interesting...!! I could get ****y about how FJ and Pilot got here but that would do me no good really. The decision now is ... 2 fillups at around 20 gals ea gets me a shower at any pilot or FJ..but it only last 5 days..

It takes 3 fill ups at TA/Petro to get shower but they will be available for 10 days.

I've always preferred the J's for physical plant as there is alway grass for the dog and nice landscaping to hang out in during the good weather..Pilots, TA's and Petro are pretty much concrete and older facilities.

As to the Dump thing I just refuse to pay any thing so the jug gets dumped in the nearest port a johnny or along side the roadway somewhere(I used to go to Flying J regulary for this..but the 10 dollar thing really ****ed me off...)

TA's and Petro's have always been the winners in the restaurant department. FJ had a constant out of stock problem and a lousy buffet that always ticked me off. I like Denny's enough but seems to lack diversity in the menu...the 2,4,6,8 thing isn't bad tho and a couple of sandwiches are pretty good..i.e good for breakfast and lunch...not so hot for dinner tho..

Seems if I'm running hard..TA's and petro's win out...But on slow weeks Showers are easier to get at the Pilot/J's...Sprinter makes food a non decision, as any food fetish can be obtained with little effort.

Bottom line...at least I have some options..It will be interesting to see where I lean after working them for a while. Does put Flying J and pilot back in the game tho...

Free internet would be a deal maker for me..All the hotels offer it and with the cell internet I cant believe it is much of a profit center for the truck stops..I really need a good way to buck up that 5gig limit for netflix and Hulu viewing and parking at hotels is a bit of a hassle...This will change as I get the van further in the set up and have my big 12 db antenna mounted again and can grab net from afar...