New Load One Gold Rewards Program!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Think it'll be the 1st week of Sept now! Grrrrr...no reason to push it back.

QC message people had till Saturday Aug 31st....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
August isn't over yet. Patience is a virtue.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
August isn't over yet. Patience is a virtue.

Laura works today?....on a long weekend?..just pokin ya....LOL..she gave the slackers till today to finish the tests. Unless the points are on auto deposit....;)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It normally goes to the end of the month and we award the points about the middle of the next month. Have to audit logs, verify CSA violations and all that fun stuff.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It normally goes to the end of the month and we award the points about the middle of the next month. Have to audit logs, verify CSA violations and all that fun stuff.

7/30/2013 9:44:51 AMTrainingJune 2013 Infinity Training Quiz2,000

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
By records: JULY should have been deposited at end of Aug....Aug gets credited at end of Sept.....a 30 day lead time...:)

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While I did get the Question Right (A) , I dont think its a great idea to take the Cap off a Hot radiator

2. The following statements about an engine overheating are TRUE EXCEPT _________.

This question was answered correctly

a. Antifreeze is only used in colder temperatures

b. You should remove the radiator cap to allow heat to escape the radiator

c. It is not possible to safely drive without radiator fluid

d. Never leave the engine running if it is overheating

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
yet another stupid question with no right answer.....They said "D" was the right answer! Are you kidding me?....assuming this is a tractor they are talking about...wheels on the curb is very unsafe and illegal!!

When making a right hand turn you should always...

This question was answered incorrectly
a. Steer into the left lane first so you can make the corner
b. Rush through the intersection so you can get out of the way of traffic
c. Back up to make the driver behind you move back
d. Keep the rear of your vehicle close to the curb

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken read it again it does not say on the curb.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While I did get the Question Right (A) , I dont think its a great idea to take the Cap off a Hot radiator

2. The following statements about an engine overheating are TRUE EXCEPT _________.

This question was answered correctly

a. Antifreeze is only used in colder temperatures

b. You should remove the radiator cap to allow heat to escape the radiator

c. It is not possible to safely drive without radiator fluid

d. Never leave the engine running if it is overheating

That could hurt. Now I have reading problems lol.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken read it again it does not say on the curb.

Xiggi.....there is no way a tractor or straight can keep their wheels "close" to the curb and make the turn...without wheels "on the curb"

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think your making assumptions on when during the turn they are referring to. I would think they mean during the arc sounds like you think prior to turning? Guess its all on how you read it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Q:When making a right hand turn you should always.

A:Keep the rear of your vehicle close to the curb.....

One of us is missing something....LOL:p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Xiggi.....there is no way a tractor or straight can keep their wheels "close" to the curb and make the turn...without wheels "on the curb"
The correct way for a tractor-trailer to make a right hand turn is to stay in the right lane with the rear of the trailer close to the curb, and then make the arc as shown in Picture A below:

1524540_f260.jpg

So D would be the correct answer (especially since A, B and C are clearly incorrect). If a driver makes the turn and has his wheels "on" the curb, he's doing it wrong.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Response from Kurt..

Please tell me you didn't choose option A to swing into the left lane first.

The reason option D was the correct answer is to prevent vehicles behind the truck from getting between the truck and the curb.

Below is a link from February where a trucker was found guilty for swinging into the left lane before making a right turn.

Bad right turn truck accident costs man his life

I added some additional language to option D to make it a little more clear that it is correct. And looking at the past responses, 2 out of 3 people have answered this question correctly so far.

Kurt LaDow - Driver Rewards

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The correct way for a tractor-trailer to make a right hand turn is to stay in the right lane with the rear of the trailer close to the curb, and then make the arc as shown in Picture A below:

1524540_f260.jpg

So D would be the correct answer (especially since A, B and C are clearly incorrect). If a driver makes the turn and has his wheels "on" the curb, he's doing it wrong.

The A picture is exactly what the court said driver should have done...wait for car that was in left lane to turn and vacate that lane so he could turn the truck....he has to go into someones left lane at some point...it is pure physics...

but...so be it.....

looks pretty on paper...:cool:...then again an elephant can hang from a 20 story building by his trunk on paper as well.....

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The results are in!

The winner of the Trivia Contest Raffle in the Load One Drive for Gold Rewards Program for the month of August is Edward Whitman!!! 50,000 points will be added to his Drive for Gold Rewards account.

We would also like to congratulate what is suppose to be the top ten drivers but due to a tie it is the top 12 drivers that answered the most number of questions correctly and were entered into the random drawing: Michael Amo, Kenneth Johnson, Dale Gose, John England, Ronald Marz, Joan Landry, Edward Whitman, Johnmarc Landry, Kenneth Amor, Kenneth Zybowski, Robert Longfellow, and Stephen James.

There will be another drawing for September so good luck!!!