New Load One Gold Rewards Program!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If drivers notice that the trailer front edge is too low for their tractor's fifth wheel to slide under, the should ______________.

This question was answered incorrectly
a. Continue to ease back, but do so very slowly
b. Drain some air from tractor air ride bags
c. Add some air to the tractor air ride bags
d. Lift the trailer by using its landing gear

When I drove, tractors did not have air bags and to this day not all tractors do....the only way is to crank up the trailer....

so right answer would be the choice of "D" and "B"...not just "B"

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Didn't you have to feed and water the horses every so many hours?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Didn't you have to feed and water the horses every so many hours?

I know you are old enough when Tractors didn't have air bags....if the trailer had sunk in the lot it was let air out of tractor tires if that would get it done OR get a fork life/tow truck to lift the trailer and put blocks under the dollies...OR the horses were on their 10...out of hours....with my luck....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok I am impressed with Kurt from our reward points.....Got an e mail today and got a credit for that question and he amended the answer.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
When using turn signals, which of the following should be avoided?

a. Signal when you are merging into traffic
b. Signal before you exit
c. Signal just before you start to make a turn
d. Signal when you want to change lanes

I am stumped....a quick glance they all appear to apply...

I am leaning towards C. as the wording "Just before turn" because you should have them on before that I think....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Email sent to Kurt...
Question:
Safe drivers maintain space around their vehicles for the following reasons EXCEPT ________.

This question was answered incorrectly
a. In case you must stop suddenly
b. In case there are cars following to closely
c. In case there is an obstacle in the road
d. In case you need to test your brakes
Correct answer is D...I chose B
So your saying, get on someones tailgate and test brakes? Really...
and just HOW do you prevent a car from following you too closely? Test your brakes?.....LOL

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I am leaning towards C. as the wording "Just before turn" because you should have them on before that I think....
I would think "C" as well, since the turn signal should be on 100 feet (200 feet in some states) before starting to make the turn.

As for the testing your brakes thing, you shouldn't be testing your brakes while out on the road amongst traffic, anyway, so there's no reason to maintain space around vehicles for that. ;)

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
1377107277496.jpg

Got one more item after my 18 month points were added ( has it really been that long? Wow)

Had to replace the multi tool I got about 20 years ago..broke it... felt lost without it lol... This one has a 25 year warranty though.. love these things ... you can do a lot of emergency or small repairs with these.

my kids still come to me and are shocked when I don't have one on me lol.

Dale

(side note... a eye glasses screwdriver are you kidding me! how awesome is that? could have use that a lot lol)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Just discovered the new format videos will play on Android phone :thumbup:

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Laura's keeping me in suspense....LOL....just want to order it and try to be home when it gets there to set it up....looking back she always does it end of month...any day now...