New here from panther!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Been at panther about a month now. So far so good. Now just thought I would join the EO community.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Welcome BigCat! We wish you many safe miles on the road and many enjoyable, informative posts here on EO!

charlies1gal

Seasoned Expediter
Been with Panther since 2006 & for the most part love working with them. I'm sure all companies have the occasional (bad apple) dispatcher, but over all there great!! 1 suggestion though, you may want to get hazmat & government qualified for an opportunity for chances at more loads & govt pays at a higher rate. Just a friendly suggestion though. Welcome To Panther. Truck #5834

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Thanks guys for the welcome. I do plan to get hazmat and government qualified but as of yet there is no shortage of runs for us. My co driver is off the truck right now for surgery and in the last 2 days ive done right at 1000 loaded miles and 500 deadhead. With him on the truck we do 4000 a week by thursday or friday and relax over the weekend.

This week i keep getting preplans before even picking up the load before it. Like i say so far so good and in a months time i havent spoke with a DM i havent liked.:)

TRK #32243

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Thanks guys for the welcome. I do plan to get hazmat and government qualified but as of yet there is no shortage of runs for us. My co driver is off the truck right now for surgery and in the last 2 days ive done right at 1000 loaded miles and 500 deadhead. With him on the truck we do 4000 a week by thursday or friday and relax over the weekend.

This week i keep getting preplans before even picking up the load before it. Like i say so far so good and in a months time i havent spoke with a DM i havent liked.:)

TRK #32243

good luck out there, sounds like u all r doing ok

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
No. I have been at 50% dead head for over 5 years now and it works fine for me. All depends on how you run your business.

Does Panther pay anything for deadhead other than the fuel surcharge?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I have never been a whiz at math. If your getting (just for example) $1.50 per loaded mile for a 1000 mile run. $1500.00. With 500 miles dead head you just reduced your profit by $167.00, I think:rolleyes:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Does Panther pay anything for deadhead other than the fuel surcharge?

It depends on your contract. On the FSC ones, the rate I believe is .41 from point of dispatch. It would be ones rate if you are on a flat rate pay.

hanoki

Active Expediter
Been with Panther since 2006 & for the most part love working with them. I'm sure all companies have the occasional (bad apple) dispatcher, but over all there great!! 1 suggestion though, you may want to get hazmat & government qualified for an opportunity for chances at more loads & govt pays at a higher rate. Just a friendly suggestion though. Welcome To Panther. Truck #5834

What is required for government qualifications?