New Ford Van

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You mean the Ford dealer will have ALL the parts you need right there in the dealership same day?....a Ford dealer in Poo Doink Wi will have that tie rod end?....Really?....

Actually we don't need a Dealer or sprinter service center for mundane repairs like water pumps, brake jobs and like....any mechnutnic can do it...

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I thought there was only 100 dealers authorized to do warranty work on Sprinters, 50 Freightliner & 50 Mercedes.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought there was only 100 dealers authorized to do warranty work on Sprinters, 50 Freightliner & 50 Mercedes.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

That is an old rumor I believe......there is a ton of places that do Sprinter work....you just have to know where to look....Most FL dealers do Sprinter work now... Me personally never been to a FL or Mercedes dealer.... I do't go to many dealers actually....van doesn't break down that much....maybe once a year if that...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With Ford not producing the Econoline, and the trouble GM is having with deliveries to dealers, it will be tough to get vans for a while.

What type of trouble is GM having with deliveries to dealers?

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
The railroad co that leases rail cars to gm has been slow to replace older car carriers as they are taken off line. The result is that at major loading yards things have slowed down. Customers are waiting longer for ordered vehicles.

Stay safe
KG

Krig

Rookie Expediter
Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually, it's two separate links.

The entire post was apparently corrupted because I had Javascript turned off.

I don't know much about Javascript. I just knew something interfered with what you wanted to post.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EO Forums mobile app