Not open for further replies.

guido4475

Not a Member
1. Go see them in Charlotte.
2. Ask to see Danny McPherson

or,
1 Call Accounts Payable
2. Ask to speak to their Controller
3. Let them know you'd hate to have to file against their bond.

I did a combo of the two and had a check in days.

For now, if they ain't payin', I ain't haulin'.
Why is everyone saying go see Danny Mcpherson ? I would want to see Bill Frazier. He runs the whole show there, and has the final say.A very nice guy, met him a few times. And as far as why do some companies continue to haul freight for people that owe them money that continues to build up, I think that the person feels that if they stop hauling freight for a person, They may never have a chance of getting paid by the carrier. I have seen that alot.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
And as far as why do some companies continue to haul freight for people that owe them money that continues to build up, I think that the person feels that if they stop hauling freight for a person, They may never have a chance of getting paid by the carrier. I have seen that alot.[/QUOTE]

I think that I would take the chance of not getting paid rather then continue to haul their freight allowing them to continue to put ME in deeper and that much closer to loosing it all.

guido4475

Not a Member
And as far as why do some companies continue to haul freight for people that owe them money that continues to build up, I think that the person feels that if they stop hauling freight for a person, They may never have a chance of getting paid by the carrier. I have seen that alot.

I think that I would take the chance of not getting paid rather then continue to haul their freight allowing them to continue to put ME in deeper and that much closer to loosing it all.[/QUOTE]
Yes, this I understand and hear where you are coming from.But when a person owes you over a hundred grand,that is alot of dough to lose.So I think alot of these people that haul freight for non or slow paying companies take that chance, hoping to get paid through their loyalty and patience. I have been told that by several carriers.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, this I understand and hear where you are coming from.But when a person owes you over a hundred grand,that is alot of dough to lose.So I think alot of these people that haul freight for non or slow paying companies take that chance, hoping to get paid through their loyalty and patience. I have been told that by several carriers.[/QUOTE]

Not to sound too harsh here, but a hundred grand is a lot of loads and didnt just accumulate in one week or maybe even a month, if someone gets that far behind or even close to that and not paying and someone still keeps pulling for them. Then
" Here's your sign"

guido4475

Not a Member
No harshness taken! Thats why I'm glad it's not my company!!but it would not take long to add up at even 30 trucks, if it was a major account.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As we seem to be rapidly moving toward nationalization under the current administration (the act of taking an industry or assets into the public ownership of a national government or state) the cash flow problems at Nations Express, Express 1, All State Express, Bolt, etc. seem pale by comparison.

Not to worry though as our first mulatto president (no, he is not black...the greatest hoax ever perpetrated by the media) has his boys uptown dat be workin' hard and doin' swell...and while nobody be lookin'...another corporation's books dey be cookin...den...wham...bam...dey be guvment owned and operated.

Here is a neat little trick from to increase cash flow. They send out a check that has a 90 day expiration date, but within 30 days they put a stop payment on that check. You get a letter from your bank stating that the check has been reported "lost/stolen". I'll give credit for originality.

Any odds on which carriers won't be around come January 2010?

The first part of this has zero to do with the subject, and belongs on the Soapbox.

The insinuation that the "neat little trick" is perpetrated by Bolt is one that requires a bit more than your word to back it up - got anything else?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One would think there would be some comments from Nations drivers (assuming there are any left) regarding the level of their business activity, and whether or not their checks are bouncing. Regarding their business practices, they've been questionable for years. When the economy goes down like it is now, their chickens come home to roost - or the buzzards start circling - take your pick. More than likely they'll be given Last Rights before next Easter.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
We run about 20 trucks and we ran a lot of loads in oct, nov, dec, and a little in jan. By the end of jan my factoring co called me and told me that were having trouble getting in touch with a/p, and that they were tired of getting paid 90-100 days after invoicing. About 2 weeks later they called again said they were cutting them off because they had other clients that was doing bus. With nations and had not been able to collect on there invoices as well. So it really added up in about 3 months. At one time, they seemed to be the broker with the right load at the right time, so we covered a lot loads quickly. Now, it's not $100k, but like i said, it is a lot of dough. They called today as a matter of fact wanting me to cover a 650 mile load, and i turned it down of course.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The first part of this has zero to do with the subject, and belongs on the Soapbox.
No, actually it really doesn't - because it was racially bigoted - it really doesn't belong anywhere on EO .....

The insinuation that the "neat little trick" is perpetrated by Bolt is one that requires a bit more than your word to back it up - got anything else?
No, he really doesn't - simply because he isn't in possession of all the facts ..... and I rather imagine he really has little desire to know more because if he did you might say that the story (as in "tale" ...) he's trying to tell might be somewhat different ..... As in 180 degrees ..... of course, the Rev has never been one to let the actual facts of a matter get in the way when he has an agenda he's trying to push .....

Here's one thing to consider though: The line between sanity and insanity is a fine one - one crosses over it at the point where one begins to seek to STOP or DESTROY someone or something obsessively or compulsively ...... often this is done under the guise or name of "helping others" .... beware of such folks ... they will bring you nothing but pain and misery ....

Highway - CB .... yeah ...... didn't think of that one

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Express-1 has cash flow problems? Where'd we get that info from? A truck stop bulletin board? or just another assumption.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Express-1 has cash flow problems? Where'd we get that info from? A truck stop bulletin board? or just another assumption.

Shhhhh,,.......we don't want the head guys at E-1 to read they have a cash flow problem.....even if they know they don't, for when they hear they do they just may give up...all the way to the bank...skip to my lou...Lots of loose screws behind the wheel these days...

miker

Seasoned Expediter
We run about 20 trucks and we ran a lot of loads in oct, nov, dec, and a little in jan. By the end of jan my factoring co called me and told me that were having trouble getting in touch with a/p, and that they were tired of getting paid 90-100 days after invoicing. About 2 weeks later they called again said they were cutting them off because they had other clients that was doing bus. With nations and had not been able to collect on there invoices as well. So it really added up in about 3 months. At one time, they seemed to be the broker with the right load at the right time, so we covered a lot loads quickly. Now, it's not $100k, but like i said, it is a lot of dough. They called today as a matter of fact wanting me to cover a 650 mile load, and i turned it down of course.

My apologies, I can certainly see how that would add up quickly with 20 trucks, I was under the impression that everyone on here was an O/O with just 1 or 2 trucks

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
As we seem to be rapidly moving toward nationalization under the current administration (the act of taking an industry or assets into the public ownership of a national government or state) the cash flow problems at Nations Express, Express 1, All State Express, Bolt, etc. seem pale by comparison.

Here is a neat little trick from to increase cash flow. They send out a check that has a 90 day expiration date, but within 30 days they put a stop payment on that check. You get a letter from your bank stating that the check has been reported "lost/stolen". I'll give credit for originality.

david, i have agreed with you and respected your opinions but you now seem to be going over the top these days.

do you have any proof to back up your statement

The cash flow problems at Nations Express, Express 1, All State Express, Bolt, etc.......

if you indeed have access to their financials please post them or pm them to me, especially bolt.

secondly who is ...
They send out a check that has a 90 day expiration date, but within 30 days they put a stop payment on that check. You get a letter from your bank stating that the check has been reported "lost/stolen".

"They" is awfully vague when you have named 4 or more carriers in your first statement. i am guessing that this is for a brokered load? i have direct deposit so no need to worry but once again proof of your facts would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

David,

You have made some serious false assumptions when you included Bolt Express, All-State Express and E1 in your list of carriers with cash problems.

I don't know if it was ignorance of the facts or if your motivation was to hurt their reputation - what was it?

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I am a member of a Business Consortium.

One of our owners called me on Saturday to discuss a letter that he had received from his bank.

I asked him to read me the letter and fax a copy to me.

The letter indicated that his check from the carrier had a stop payment and the reason cited was Lost/Stolen.

Several of our members have had difficulties with this particular carrier. We assumed that they were simply up to their dirty tricks once again. As I said we have had previous difficulties with this carrier: "bait and switch advertising" (their contract is proof, but most folks never read the fine print), "threats and contract cancellations" (I have a recorded voice mail I will be glad to play for you) because they can't handle the truth, "cancelling an O/O's authority" (they were the only ones that had access to the info necessary to accomplish this deed), "destroying an O/O's graphics when they said he could leave his LLC graphics on his truck" (then lying to me saying that they replaced them and this O/O is a member of our group), etc.

But after talking with the bank on Monday it is actually worse than their controlling attitude. The bank agent was able to tell our O/O that the bank of his check was stamped "INSUFFICIENT FUNDS"

This particular O/O has been is business for many years. I know him like family and we converse almost every day. I consider him as family. I trust his judgment.

What more proof shall you require?

Had this carrier openly and willing addressed the issues presented to them, I would have let it go. After they attempted to manipulate the incomes of those in the Business Consortium it has now moved to the next level.

PS. Pick up any business mag or read any trucking RSS feed; all companies are experiencing cash flow difficulties. They have reduced "in house" staffing to make up for the loss of revenues. Every carrier I have dealt with has confirmed that they are working with reduced staff.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
They have reduced "in house" staffing to make up for the loss of revenues. Every carrier I have dealt with has confirmed that they are working with reduced staff.[/QUOTE]

but aren't most companies in America right now?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Except for one letter sent to someone other than yourself, (citing 'lost or stolen' as the reason for a stop payment on a check), everything you cited as 'proof' was hearsay, and therefore, NOT proof.
I'm unclear on exactly who it is you're trying to discredit, but based on your posts, your credibility is all you've damaged. Again.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Previous post should read, "back of his check". I could not edit the spelling for some unknown reason.

Sorry for not responding to all of your questions, doubts and personal attacks (funny how that works...guess you have to be in the EO clique) sooner, but I am on the road everyday.

Jack, I am only over the top because folks don't like to hear the truth; especially when it affects their wallet and that includes myself also.

Paul was so concerned about folks not be able to accept the truth he penned the verse, "Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth."

Jesus Christ told the disciples the truth and they considered them "hard sayings". Jesus responded and asked them, "Doth this offend you?" John 6:60,61

Example: I told somebody they were obese. They got an attitude. Hey, wait a minute...they know I was obese too. They said I was not being gracious. Hey...I was a nurse. I used proper medical terminology. And had that person been willing to accept the truth, that person would have understood that I was being very gracious. Why? Because at their weight the term is actually "MORBIDLY" obese. I chose to use terminology with less impact.

So, as someone that I have spent some time with, I'll suggest that you find a new home. Get out of your comfort zone and move on. You will make more money and have greater liberty.

Status
Not open for further replies.