Nastiest Truck Stop on the Planet

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Ah, all biz eh? Ya know ya don't have to contribute,jes be aware of your surroundings. Anyway, there are a LOT of nasty, nasty ones out there. But, even the better of em were revolting to me.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
ANY KANGAROO in VA. The smell from the Bathrooms, hits you before you even get inside. (A Little Bathroom Acid) and it would be GONE.

To think they CAN Prepare Food? What is the dept: of health in the Commonwealth of VA thinking?

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I always go to Kannopolis, rather than park at the Pilot in Charlotte, right next door to a strip joint.:(

I have lived there 20 years, and seriously never knew there was a strip joint there. Guess I was watching to see how close and how many times I almost got hit in that parking lot. Gona have to check it out now. Thanks for the tip Cheri.

Detmike208

Seasoned Expediter
The pilot in Clinton, NJ definitely has my vote...although the people there went out of their way to be nice. After 25 years in NJ as a cop, it's ironic that Clinton is a really nice area. Go figure. I went as far as to complain to Pilot on this one. The smell, when you walk in the restaurant, is nothing you will forget soon.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
United Truck Stop in Cleveland down in the flats has my vote. The smell from the water treatment plant will make you sick. On another note the best Truck Stop I have every been to is north of Fargo ND. The showers was nice, big and clean.

DougTravels

Not a Member
DSC02992.JPG Their sign says it all, This place is just horrible. From their dirt lot with huge holes to their Filthy smelly mens room. I went out a different door from the men's room (Didn't realize there were 2 entrances) and it took me through a maze of dark plywood corridors. Really scary awful place on I-30 between Texarcana and Dallas. Just look for the Letter's FU up in the air!! Fuel sign with the E and L unlit, how appropriate.

indydad11934

Seasoned Expediter
My vote goes to the Flying J in Texarkana, Ark.
Shower tiles are missing, shower doors don't lock properly, and the overall condition of the truckstop is dirty. I was told by management that it is hard to find good help these days.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
My vote goes to the Jersey city truck stop i don't even know if it's in business still it's been 5-6 yrs since I've been even close to it.

XCountryTeam

Seasoned Expediter
In Romulis, (?) MI there is a truck stop I think its called MACO on Inkster Rd.. I believe.. It is also really bad. From the lot to inside, they have the help behind plexy glass. Dirt and dust is every place, I don't think they ever clean there. The restrooms, I wouldn't use it or eat there at all. They just put a subway in, that looked clean so far.

theBeemer

Not a Member
Shower tiles are missing, shower doors don't lock properly, and the overall condition of the truckstop is dirty. I was told by management that it is hard to find good help these days.

No doubt I had the displeasure of it a couple of weeks ago..I noticed the Flying Js the Mormons still own are usally pretty clean. I can remember when that J first opened it was nice for a couple of years.. And no joke on the sorry help their. The one I can't figure out is the Pilot on I 75/I 71 in Walton Kentucky across from the T/A. My God what a cesspool. And small one across the interstate is spotless...Been that way for 13 15 years I can think of..I even called Pilot and they said they would check into it.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter

The reason they have such a hard time keeping good help is because of what they pay. They don't pay squat. My sister and brother in law live right up the road in Ashdown, AR. Pretty much anyone that can pass a drug test can get a decent paying job at the Domtar paper mill. I think my brother in law said they start people out between 12-14 bucks an hour depending on the job and experience in your field. Some pay more than that. I'm the Flying J pays around 7 bucks an hour. Would you work for half of what you could make else where if you had a family to support? I'd be at the paper mill in a heartbeat. They run 3 shifts 7 days a week. So there are plenty of jobs to fill. Plus there is quite a bit of railroad work and jobs with the timber industry that go along with the paper mill being there that pay more than what Flying J does. So I'm guessing management told you the truth.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
There is a Pilot south of Tampa, Fl that is reaaaalllll nasty. Can't remember what exit it is but whomever cleans the showers forgets a few things.....I won't be back to that one again. I think it's near Ft. Meyers. that one sucks. Yep...I live 8 miles from the Wildwood TA....the only thing I have ever done there is transflo my docs out to Panther. Now I have a printer scanner to do that. Speaking of..............better get my last pro done.:rolleyes:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
the three that cross my mind are, 1/ truckstop on i-79 @ jane lew, wv on the west side of the interstate. wish i could remember the name. 2/ a little whole in the wall i drfopped tripak at just north of lax on i-5 on the eastside of the road. 3/ pacific pride in pensacola, fl on us 90, had to leave the shower to use the restroom and they did not want to let the wife and i shower together because they had a problem w/the ho's using them has a 7.50 motel room

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
any opinions on stoney ridge south in monroe ohio at i-75 and st rt 63 i live just a few miles from there and i always thought it was pretty bad

tmbm

Seasoned Expediter
How about the TA in Limon, CO. I won't even get fuel there because of how disgusting the showers where. My co driver opened the door and there was nasty water in the sink, when she said something they just casually stated it was where the shower in the next room backed up in it and it would go down....yuck!!! She made a comment about if they expected her to brush her teeth in that, so they gave her another shower. My shower had several tiles that had fallen off or where about to fall off. Mold all over the room, which I'm allergic to. Now the guy who cleaned them I believed was trying, but they were so bad there was little he could do. He told us the owner has had several complaints but said he wasn't putting any more money into the place, that there was no competition and no need to, and suggested we call the health dept. No that the J has a new facility across the road it may of put pressure on him to clean that place up, but I haven't heard and use the J if there.
BTW does any one know if they ever cleaned up the Te-Khi in Battle Creek? I haven't been there in probably 10 yrs because I was so disgusted with it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I think the TA is keeping their showers cleaner now in Limon CO as there is a very nice large Flying right across the interstate from that TA! We were pretty excited to see the new Flying J the last time through.