My continuing job

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
My middle son is 24 years old, a dad, a deputy in Collier County Florida, and a former MP with the 82nd Airborne Division US Army.
and he still calls me when he needs to find information about something!!! Sunday, he and his girlfriend were headed for Busch Gardens in Tampa, he calls and says "Mom, what's the exit number off of 75 to get to the park?" Good grief!! He does this all the time. I had to laugh, because when I asked him why he does this, he says.......
"gotta make you old people feel useful" I Love you Mom. He's such a dork.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
"He's such a dork" is a common joke between us. All these things he's done successfully, we used to tease him because we could get him lost just by making a few turns. Heck, we figured when he got his regular drivers license he'd leave the house and we'd never see him again LOL
He's a turned into a great "grown-up" :)

This is him on his bike.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Parenting is a life long job. How's that for job security. Sounds like you done good! That scooter looks like it is doing 90 mph standing still.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
My son is 27 with 3 kids and He is still my Baby.. that was so sweet
it made tears come to my eyes. I really miss him and my grandbabies and daughter in law.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Pelicn, that was a GREAT post! :) :) :)
I am so proud of my adult daughter, who is going to nursing school, running her home & two little girls, (ok, her husband helps a little, with the girls, at least), and tending bar both Sat & Sun - I don't know how she gets it all in! I got to visit her at work last Sunday, and was impressed by how efficient she is, and by how much the 'regulars' appreciate her.
And yet, she will call me sometimes, and ask how to make broccoli, rice & cheese....(everything in it is in it's name, except the cream soup, lol)
Moot's right, it's a lifetime job, and the pay aint much, but the benefits are outstanding!;)

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We have 3 boys, and I'm still amazed at how different they all are. My oldest is the supervisor at a landscape/irrigation company. He's a dad too and his fiance is a darlin. My youngest....my youngest...he's still in search of himself and he's 23. I wish I could be so free.

barney

Expert Expediter
Pelicn,
Don't worry about him too much, men don't mature until 25. He has at least 2 years to find himself. Then there there are my boys( 33 & 35) Yup, the younger one is still looking.