My 2015 Ford Transit Experience

guido4475

Not a Member
I agree, and then I subtract some more for the dpf. :thumbdown:
But still, the new 4 cylinder gets pretty good fuel mileage based on what I hear from other expediters. Remains to be seen if it is just as reliable as our 5 bangers.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

#2030, Ray, has had excellent luck with his 4-banger 2014 so far....MPG's in the mid to high 20's..

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I'm broken down right now. It's awesome.

The heater hose above the engine, near the hot water heater valve, they're is a non - standard plastic "T" connector in the hose. A couple or three years ago we couldn't get the correct length of hose so the mechanic went with two hoses and the connector. The part of the connector that one of the hoses clamps over snapped off inside the hose. Is a team easy fix, if I can find a connector.

If you're in between Dayton & Knoxville if be happy to bring you whatever I can find on the way. Just email or text me specs or ideas of what you need and I'll bring you a whole bag full of stuff to put something together. Heck, maybe I have something here at the house. I
937-422-0170
[email protected]

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
LMAO....SLAM DUNK!!!! I bet us Ford guys never saw that one coming.....lol....

Try a "T" connector from Lowes or Home Depot?
Thought about Lowes, actually. But O'Reilly Auto Parts had exactly what I needed. Same part. It's made by Gates. $4.39. Was towed to O'Reilly, took 10 or 15 minutes to change it out, dumped a couple of gallons of coolant in, and back on the road.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, I bought a spare. For $5 I might a well. Thanks for the offer of help. I was broke down right on the SC/NC line on Hwy 25, about 30 miles south of Asheville. Went a few miles up into Henderson to get the part.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I bought a spare. For $5 I might a well. Thanks for the offer of help. I was broke down right on the SC/NC line on Hwy 25, about 30 miles south of Asheville. Went a few miles up into Henderson to get the part.

That is just about where My engine said goodnight.......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like the Ford Transit. I like the Promaster also. I hope they do good and put some pressure on Mercedes so I can buy myself a cheaper Sprinter.

Now why do I say this?

1. I couldn't care less that there are more Ford dealers than Mercedes. My sprinter has visited a dealership twice in 625000 miles.
2. I couldn't care less that Ford or Dodge charges less per hour than Mercedes for the same reason as above.
3. There is a good reason why Mercedes Sprinters have been number 1 in Europe for years, where the competition is fierce, not like here.

My Sprinter cost me less then 3 pennies per mile in maintenance, including tires. Fuel mileage? I am afraid to mention it since I might be accused of lying. The more I drive it the better it gets. Heck, I'll say it anyway. Gallons used in 2014 divided by miles driven gives me 27.21 miles per gallon, and I have receipts to prove it. Mpg over 625000 miles is 26.24.

So, why would I try my luck with another unproven brand? I can see myself owning a Transit even though it has too many buttons for my taste. Too much of a transformer look inside for my liking. But Promaster? Never. Too darn ugly.

Btw, I am not looking down at the people that buy Transits and Promasters. I hope they serve you at least as good as my Sprinter served me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

I am with you...my costs are down there with yours...and I haven't seen a dealer since 2012 ...little stuff like blower motor and stuff I order online and do myself.....Rust....yep but it is 9 yrs old now...like humans they are called age blemishes...LOL
Who the heck pays a dealer for an oil change?.....:rolleyes:

Krig

Rookie Expediter
Ford is still holding those test drive thingies (where you can test all versions) across various cities.

https://www.fordtransittour.com/

Can someone ask if they will offer special expedite discounts and incentives? Will things like that be fleet-only?

Will every incentive and discount the Econoline has be seen on the Transit?

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
I am with you...my costs are down there with yours...and I haven't seen a dealer since 2012 ...little stuff like blower motor and stuff I order online and do myself.....Rust....yep but it is 9 yrs old now...like humans they are called age blemishes...LOL
Who the heck pays a dealer for an oil change?.....:rolleyes:

I'll pay a Ford dealer to do an oil change. Like the Dealer in Hopkinsville. I bring my own oil and filter, they change it, top off any fluids needing topping off, and grease it. They do all of this for $6.91 ...yes, that's right....I have the receipt to prove it....lol....seriously, though...Ford dealers don't charge much to change oil if you have you're own stuff. The same with Ken Towery I think it is, by the Louisville truck plant? 13 bucks there.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
54.00 ..LOF... Sterling Heights Dodge.

:D

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What kind of oil are they using for $54, Mazola 10W-30?

I changed my oil & filter yesterday in the Pilot parking lot. Opened the Fumoto valve and the oil drained into a 2½ gallon gas can. I buy the Mobile 1 0W-40 oil at Walmart in 5 quart jugs for $25 a jug. Filters from Europarts. I also changed the fuel filter, engine air filter, and cabin air filters. So easy a caveman could do it. Except for the cabin air filter. That thing's a PITA.

And the ASSYST computer reset on the first try!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
What kind of oil are they using for $54, Mazola 10W-30?

I changed my oil & filter yesterday in the Pilot parking lot. Opened the Fumoto valve and the oil drained into a 2½ gallon gas can. I buy the Mobile 1 0W-40 oil at Walmart in 5 quart jugs for $25 a jug. Filters from Europarts. I also changed the fuel filter, engine air filter, and cabin air filters. So easy a caveman could do it. Except for the cabin air filter. That thing's a PITA.

And the ASSYST computer reset on the first try!

No they use 15w40.. conventional of course, I started going there when Tom had an account and just continued. I think it might've actually went up a few bucks now around 60 but still not bad.

last time I needed it change I wasnt up there, so I just took my own filter to my local Walmart.. like $45 for Rotella with me supplying the filter

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's not bad at all.

I prefer the synthetic oil, because it's fake and will make my engine last forever.