My 2015 Ford Transit Experience

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

The next step up in speed ratings is an S-rated tire, which is approved up to 112 mph...

Are they a 10 ply....S means very little...except for speed...

Load Index
P195/60R15 87S - The load index (87) is the tire size's assigned numerical value used to compare relative load carrying capabilities. In the case of our example the 87 identifies the tires ability to carry approximately 1,201 pounds.
The higher the tire's load index number, the greater its load carrying capacity.
89 = 1,279 pounds
88 = 1,235 pounds
87 = 1,201 pounds
86 = 1,168 pounds
85 = 1,135 pounds
A tire with a higher load index than that of the Original Equipment tire indicates an increase in load capacity. A tire with a load index equal to that of the Original Equipment tire indicates an equivalent load capacity. A tire with a lower load index than the Original Equipment tire indicates the tire does not equal the load capacity of the original.
Typically, the load indexes of the tires used on passenger cars and light trucks range from 70 to 110.

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I get home again, I'll go to my Ford dealer and read the load rating on the side of the tire.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I get home again, I'll go to my Ford dealer and read the load rating on the side of the tire.

LOL....no real need Bill....I am just exacting some revenge here ....for all the Sprinter haters I've had to read here....hahaha

I am going to pick this Ford apart like a buzzard picking a carcas...lol

I really wish you and all that follow the best of luck on your purchase...:)

Last edited:

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It has also a regen button or switch so you can munually regeneration the dpf filter

Sent from my LG-D950 using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think the load range for the tires on the T-350 would have to be "E" to have a 9500 lb. GVWR.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think the load range for the tires on the T-350 would have to be "E" to have a 9500 lb. GVWR.
Do you mean an auto company who can't release an owners manual without ten thousand warnings and danger symbols is going to install the correct tires?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you mean an auto company who can't release an owners manual without ten thousand warnings and danger symbols is going to install the correct tires?

Yes, just like they did on the Ford Explorers a few years back! LOL

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Im looking at the Diesel Version this weekend, Ill take a drive and report....thinking of buying one and doing Passenger as well as Cargo...

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Wow! I'm a bigger guy and the seats are comfortable, everything is at your fingertips! Lots of power throughout the gears soft ride! People who've been waiting go get it! I test drove a 2015 Gray Ford Transit 250, 3.7L V-6, 6Speed Auto Trans, Medium Length Medium Roof that comes with Hankook Tires! Mandy Simon at Dorian Ford in Clinton Twp. Michigan has Em! Her number is 5867924100! Tell her you seen this posted by Todd Patrick here are detailed pics for y'all ENJOY & WATCH OUT SPRINTER YOUVE MET YOUR MATCH!!!

Yes that's Mandy! ;) lol

To heck with going to see the truck!!! I'm on my way... ;)

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I am really curious as to what the empty weight of these are, high roof, longest wheelbase. Weight over front and rear axles as well, empty, and what each is rated for. Was the 2 grand making it squat a lot in the rear, and where was that weight placed? How was the handling and braking with that 2 grand in it? Just wondering....lol...I guess I just need to go look at one this weekend when I get home.

Is the longest version (170" cargo floor) is available as a 4 wheeler, but with reduced cargo weight carrying capacity. However, I really think the longest (Jumbo) version is the only 3 skid capable machine and thus the only Transit suitable for expediting.

I would much rather preferred standardizing on the Transit but we ended up standardizing on the Promaster, for many reasons we feel are important to expediting. I love the Transit's handsome looks but I finally accepted I can't see them from the driver's seat anyway and the Promaster's looks are starting to grow on me a bit.

Look at the important specs and, I think, you will make the same choice we did.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The tall roof, extended, SRW, T-350 has a GVWR of 9500 lbs. and a curb weight of 5444 with the 5.7L engine. Ford lists two cargo length dimensions:

Cargo Length At Floor 172.2 inches. This is similar to GM's measurement of "to the seat base" and is only practical if the driver's seat is completely forward and the back is at 90°.

Cargo Length At Beltline 162.0 inches. This is a more realistic measurement and will easily accommodate 3 pallets.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guarantee the Transits blows the Pro Master outta the water in sales for expedite no doubt in my mind!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think competition in the large van field is a great thing. The cost of buy in for gas powered machines compared to diesel will lead the majority to dodge or ford. Nothing wrong with either choice get what is right for you and drive.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123