Mr Dunn shouldn't have Done what Mr Dunn Did

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Drinking is no excuse. There is no reason for his actions. When one chooses to drink, or do drugs, one must accept responsibility for what one does under the influence. The ONLY exception would be a reaction to a newly prescribed drug from a DR. There is no way to predict some reactions.

No argument here.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The prosecutor said minutes after the verdicts they will retry. He was convicted of attempts on the three he missed, but skates on the guy he killed.

The fact that he's appealing the three convictions may play into it, too.

I believe Mr Dunn is 47. Dave may be right, it's a local story for him.

Dunn claims to be broke. ( who else buys wine at a gas station ?)
Says the lack of funds hurt his defense.
I guess the taxpayers will pay his next legal team.

And he wants a change of venue.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Describing the music as “thug music” to his fiancée, who was in the car with him, probably didn't help his case, either.

Then again it could have been worse - he could have called it "OOGA BOOGA" music, which would had him found guilty on all charges.

I'm not defending Dunn, [I think what felt threatened was his ego], but if the "thug music" had been played for the jury, at the volume it was playing next to Dunn's car, his rage would be more understandable. The song "Beef" is a litany of "n***a, b***h, F**k, etc - an homage to violence and disrespect for anyone & everyone who isn't a 'homie' of theirs.
It would make me ask them to turn it down, too. Their right to listen to it ends where MY ears begin. If they accepted that simple fact, that other people deserve the same respect they demand, one of them would still be alive.
That said, I find Dunn's statement that he thought he saw a shotgun barrel coming out of the window and then got his weapon from the glovebox a little bit hard to believe. Ok, a LOT hard to believe.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Actually, I believe the driver did turn it down.
The victim reached over the seat and turned it back up.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Which is why I can feel some sympathy for Dunn, [unlike George Zimmerman]. It's not about disliking the music, it's about the blasting of obscenities in public, and the disrespect shown when asked to stop doing it.
I haven't seen any comments from the victim's parents addressing their son's blatant disregard of other peoples' rights - it's all about what Dunn did wrong. That's what bothers me: they don't seem to feel the victims did anything wrong. I think they did, and their parents ought to acknowledge it.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Dateline Arkansas
7 kids egg and TP a friends car to get even for a previous prank he had played on them.
Such good friends that they planned to return the next day and help him clean it up.

Opps, dear ole dad comes out and blasts away into a Toyota Sonota with 7 teens in it.

Kills a 16 year old girl.

In jail, on 5 counts. One is murder !

Another moron that shouldn't have had access to a gun. :(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I challenge you to spend 1/2 the amount of time looking of BAD things that CRIMINALS do with guns and look for crimes that were STOPPED by law abiding citizens who were armed. I have done both, can you? I believe you will find a VAST majority of GOOD results compared to the bad. Care to take that challenge? I believe the number of "good" results in a year are FAR greater then the bad.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'd worry that so many self appointed judge & jury hotheads would endanger the right to bear arms, but the number of drunk drivers who kill innocent people has never led to a crackdown, so maybe not.
Maybe some legislators have a hard time getting tough with people whose crimes they could possibly envision themselves committing? :confused:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here is the REALITY. I will give up my RIGHT to defend my RIGHT to LIFE, LIBERTY and the RIGHT to keep and protect my property when, and ONLY then the following conditions are met: there are NO criminals interfering with my life, there is NO government that will interfere with my RIGHT freedom, AND, NO police department, foreign or domestic, will be able to overpower my home.

THAT, is the definition of FREEDOM! Don't like that? Go live it the Soviet Union! Go ahead, MAKE MY DAY!