More Insight Into Baltimore's Crime Problems

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm waiting for you to show me how all those items on your list is the problem of anyone other than the individuals. How are those problems the problems of the rich? How are those problems my problems?

By the way, I wasn't blaming the victims, but I was putting the responsibility back on the victims. It's up to each and every person of the WORLD as an individual to fix their own life. It's not anyone's RIGHT to get anything handed to them. There is no such RIGHT.

You can't see how the list of a systemic and sustained effort to devalue the working class affects everyone because you apparently feel, like many "successful" people, that your life is fine - anyone complaining must be doing something wrong.
The wrongdoing is in the systemic and sustained effort to devalue the working class [for the benefit of those more fortunate.] It will destabilize society, as does every injustice left uncorrected too long. Those who prosper from the injustice are naturally loathe to see it constrained, but those who value a stable society understand that it must be reversed, preferably before it erupts into revolution.
When you "put the responsibility back on the victims", you ARE blaming them, just as women were blamed for being raped for a very long time. They wore the wrong clothes, went outside at the wrong time, or in the wrong place, or, or, or. Always, it was something the woman did that caused it, not the fact that some men could not control themselves in the face of temptation and a person they could subjugate.
Now, it's the fault of those who have children, or didn't choose the right career path, or, or, or.

P S There is no 'right' to a ROI, either, but the entitlement mentality of investors is the driving force behind many of the changes in attitude towards the working class. Switching the meaning of the term to the less fortunate was a nifty bit of transference, BTW.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
You can't see how the list of a systemic and sustained effort to devalue the working class affects everyone because you apparently feel, like many "successful" people, that your life is fine - anyone complaining must be doing something wrong.
The wrongdoing is in the systemic and sustained effort to devalue the working class [for the benefit of those more fortunate.] It will destabilize society, as does every injustice left uncorrected too long. Those who prosper from the injustice are naturally loathe to see it constrained, but those who value a stable society understand that it must be reversed, preferably before it erupts into revolution.
When you "put the responsibility back on the victims", you ARE blaming them, just as women were blamed for being raped for a very long time. They wore the wrong clothes, went outside at the wrong time, or in the wrong place, or, or, or. Always, it was something the woman did that caused it, not the fact that some men could not control themselves in the face of temptation and a person they could subjugate.
Now, it's the fault of those who have children, or didn't choose the right career path, or, or, or.

P S There is no 'right' to a ROI, either, but the entitlement mentality of investors is the driving force behind many of the changes in attitude towards the working class. Switching the meaning of the term to the less fortunate was a nifty bit of transference, BTW.

I've been in the working class all my life. I got what I got by working hard, taking chances and doing what needed to be done.

I don't see anyone devaluing the working class. I see people with their hand out from greed, envy and jealousy and pure laziness trying to blow the same liberal bs smoke you are.

Poor little Johnny, can't pay his $200 a month cable bill or $400 a month cell phone bill and so on.

When the gettn was good, Johnny wasn't complaining cause he could afford the toys and bells and whistles. Of course Johnny had to keep up with the Jones next door so both were living above their means and NOT saving for that "rainy" day.
And then it all came crashing down. BUT THAT'S ALL MY FAULT!

It's all my fault Johnny didn't choose a different career. It's all my fault Johnny chose to drop out of high school.
It's all my fault Suzie chose to get pregnant at 16.
Same old liberal crap. Vote for me and I'll pay you bills.

ROI and investor entitlement.... where do I sign up? Where do I get back all the money I lost on R&D?
Where do I get back the money I lost in the commodity market because there was a freeze in Florida and it screwed up OJ? I guess GOD needs to write me that check! I'll blame it on him since it can't be my fault.

SO, according to you we as a society are not responsible for ourselves lest we be compared to a woman being raped! It's everyone else's fault!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The problem isn't the working class it's the choosing not to work class.
It's the minimum wage workers who are devalued. They've been devalued so much that now they're only worth minimum wage.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
It's the minimum wage workers who are devalued. They've been devalued so much that now they're only worth minimum wage.
Yea but at one time there were jobs above minimum wage but as minimum wage as risen those jobs have become minimum wage

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Here are some objective stats from the DOJ about arrest related deaths that might be worth considering(bold emphasis mine):

Considering that LEOs are human some will make mistakes, some will have accidents and some will be corrupt, others will be criminals themselves like the cop in SC that shot the guy in the back as he was running away. Even taking all that into consideration, the percentage of arrest related deaths during the above period was .00005 - that's five one-thousandths of one percent.
The problem may well be in the "reporting" (of deaths) ... or lack thereof:

The FBI collects data on police-involved killings, but the reporting is voluntary and the agency has very little power to compel individual departments to submit data. The result is just a glimpse of how many Americans are killed each year by police. Of the more than 17,000 law enforcement agencies across the country, just hundreds regularly report to the FBI how many “justifiable homicides” are committed by police on the state and local level. According to FBI data, those agencies in recent years have reported an average of about 400 African American deaths per year.

“The first step to understanding what’s really going on in our communities and in our culture is gather more reliable data,” Comey said, adding that law enforcement officials had no idea “whether the Ferguson police shot one person a week, or one a year, or one a century.”

“Without complete and accurate data,” he added, “we are left with ideological thunderbolts, and that helps spark unrest and distrust and does not help us get better.”
FBI director calls out ‘hard truths’ about race and policing

Reactions: Turtle