Monthly Maintenance Report

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
For those of you who would like to fill out the Monthly Maintenance Report on your computer and then e-mail it and your receipts to Angie, this link is to the electronically fillable form for that purpose:
Load 1 Folder

This link is a direct download of the file:
Monthly Maintenance Report E-Form.pdf

I add maintenance items to the form as they happen during the month, then at the end of the month all I need to do is finish it it out with odometer reading and date, and then electronically sign the form, and e-mail it in. I scan receipts as PDF files as I get them, as well, and then at the end of the month I use Acrobat to combine all the receipts into one file. The Maintenance Form and the Receipts will be two separate files, as you cannot combine multiple pages (like receipts) with a form containing artwork.

So, the two files I e-mail in are, as an example
555 Maintenance Report Oct.pdf

Which is the electronically signed form, and

555 Maintenance Report Oct RECEIPTS.pdf
Which is a single file containing multiple pages for all the receipts.

Obviously, you can give them filenames of whatever you like.

Take the master form, fill out recurring information like name, Unit#, VIN#, etc., and save it for your new master. Then each month fill it out and save it with the month filename and you're good to go.

No need to print it out and sign it if you sign it electronically, and no need to send in original receipts if you scan them and send them in this way. Your QC scanner can, of course, be connected to your laptop to scan the receipts.

Also, for those who want it, here's the form for Tolls and Expenses:
Tolls E-form.pdf

If your tolls are mostly or always I-Pass, EZPass or some other transponder tolling where you can print an online statement, you can print the statement page(s) to a PDF file, then attach the toll statement PDF and the filled-out Expense Sheet and e-mail them to Admin. If you're by the office often enough you won't need to do this, but it's an option. If you have a printer in the truck you can also fill it out and print it. I added the logo, so it looks kewl, anyway. :D

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Turtle!! I get lack in scanning them in to Angie at times...right now I owe her 2 months...yea Thanks..for making me fell bad that i am too lazy at times to do what i should...:eek::p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The key is Dennis, I think, doing it as it happens throughout the month, rather than trying to gather it all up at the end of the month and getting it in. I scan pretty much all my receipts, anyway, and they go to a 'receipts' folder, with each year and month having its own subfolder. Like: /receipts/2011/oct

When I scan a maintenance-related receipt, for oil bought or work performed or for parts I order off the net, I copy those receipts to the appropriate monthly folder in the Load 1 Maintenance directory. That way, the maintenance form and all of its associated receipts are all in one place. When maintenance is performed, I add it to the current month's form at that time, and it's all done. At the end of the month it takes just a few minutes to combine the receipts, sign the form, and attach both files to an e-mail.

The time is coming (and I'm surprised it's not already here) where if your maintenance report isn't received by the 15th, then Safety will put you OOS at 5PM on the 15th, and you'll stay that way until the report is in. That's the way some carriers do it. Some give you only until the 5th, and if it's not in by then, you're OOS on the 6th.

For me anyway, doing it as it occurs, and then processing it electronically is quick and easy, and I know it makes life easier for those in the office who have to process it.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Turtle, I totally understand why you do it as you do and yes its a far better way then digging up the receipts at a later date.

The key in my statement were the words "that i am too lazy at times to do what i should" ... your way of doing it is great...and i was not taking a shot at you at all...

And you are right, and yes Angie will sooner or later get fed up with the likes of me that don't give her these reports on a timely basis....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
and i was not taking a shot at you at all...
No worries. I didn't take it that way at all.

I edited my post to add a link for the Weekly Expense Report for tolls and stuff, for those who want it.

I re-created it from scratch, and added the logo, cuz the massively photocopied ones they give us to use look crappy. :D

guido4475

Not a Member
I just get 2 receipts for repairs, parts, etc,one for the maintenance report, and one for my taxes, and fill out the maintenance form after the work is done, so than the form is kept up to date, and ready for turn in at the 1st of the month.Alot easier, IMO.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's only been 6 months, and I've managed to get them in on time so far [plus copies to the owner], but I can see where scanning & emailing would be easier than dragging the printer out from under the bed, [it's getting crowded under there] lol.
Good idea - easier rules! :D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
It's only been 6 months, and I've managed to get them in on time so far [plus copies to the owner], but I can see where scanning & emailing would be easier than dragging the printer out from under the bed, [it's getting crowded under there] lol.
Good idea - easier rules! :D

I just had visions of a shoe saver box under your bed covered with dustbunnies...

oh wait...that's mine..*LOL*

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just did 4 of them...June and July... Sept and Oct...

I was not required to go back and figure out my odometer reading....because we are not IFTA complaint....

Last edited:

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
This is great. Can we stick this thread to the top of our forum?

Anyone figure out whether we can attach our personal scanner to the qc system?

eb

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is great. Can we stick this thread to the top of our forum?
Stuck.

Anyone figure out whether we can attach our personal scanner to the qc system?
I haven't yet. I need to be where there is a good WiFi signal (like at the yard) and have the motivation to check it out.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just had visions of a shoe saver box under your bed covered with dustbunnies...

oh wait...that's mine..*LOL*

The printer [along with way too much stuff] is under the bed because I never use the dinette table - It's designed for someone about 6" taller, sigh. [Funny how everything to do with trucks is, innit?]
The USB cable that came with the scanner is a good 8 ft, so it'll reach from the scanner [mounted on the pass side visor for quick access] to the laptop on the bed [on a kid's tray, with detachable beanbag base - love it!] Now to see if the software works.....Emailing is just SO much easier than making copies.
Dust bunnies are on their own - until they venture out where I see them, they don't bother me, and I rarely bother them.;):D