Mistake

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I had the brilliant idea of an under the counter coffee pot. Save room and when it is my turn to drive wake up to fresh brewed coffee. Well Bob in stalled the coffee pot with the standard bungee cord holding everything together. First night wake up to the smell of coffee. Nice! Then the next night the coffee pot makes weird noise and isn't keeping time right. I bought the first one in November and now am on my third one. I only plug it in when I am ready for my coffee and the only way to keep it from making weird noises and burning the electronics out is to plug it directly into the generator. I would suggest to all don't get on of these nice Black and Decker under counter coffee pots!

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
hey i found a grreat idea when i stop i fill up my thermous for about $1.00 then go to sleep when i wake up i just pour and microwave it and it is good as ner i have no room for a coffee pot or even to store on so this is perfect for me

god bless and keep rolling

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We bought one of the Black and Decker under the counter pots too....big mistake.
We now use two 2qt Stanley Thermos's. They keep coffee hot for 24 hours.

[link:www.stanley-pmi.com/shop/product_detail.aspx?ProductID=6|STANLEY]

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Are you plugging into the inverter?

Just an FYI, many inverters are not made for inductive loads and will burn out the control electronics or cause heating elements to burn out early, like coffee makers and those fancy heating blankets.

OH I bought three B&D coffee makers, one at Walmart for $26 and two at Myiers which were marked $3 instead of $30. I grabbed the last two on the shelf thinking that there was a close out or something but when I went to the check out, almost everyone had one in their cart. I have the first one sitting where my fridge used to be waiting for a generator.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I remember being tickled pink to get the B & D Spacesaver coffeemaker in my ex house - filling the reservior at the sink is something even a lefthanded klutz can do without spilling the water. But it soon started leaking, and several friends said the same thing happened with theirs, so I agree with Linder - B & D may know power tools, but they don't seem to know beans about coffeemakers.x(

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Yes Greg I was plugging into the inverter and just letting the coffee pot stay on with the time showing. Then programming the coffee pot to make me coffee by 2:00 a.m. Worked great twice! I now have to start the generator and plug directly into that make my coffee and turn it off. I have been making a nice blend of Starbucks Christmas Blend un-ground beans and a little dash of Folgers coffee to tone it down a little. I don't know what I am going to do when I run out of the Christmas Blend it is really good.

Pappy

Expert Expediter
I'm jumpin' off a couple of miles up the road to grab a quick cup!
Anyone care to jion me????
Pappy

:9

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
hey i have a 2500watt invernator will that suppot a coffee maker how about the ones they sell in the pilots are they any good

god bless and keep rolling:+ :+

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Bambam, check the wattage on the coffee maker box and add 15% of the wattage to see if it is less than 2500 watts.

SB Christmas blend, that sounds good. I haven't touched my coffee collection that I carry around with me yet because I have been making tea but I will try adding folgers when i do with my SB coffee,it does seem strong.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Linda, I am so glad you posted this when you did. My Mr Coffee maker started leaking everywhere. After all it is only about 10 years old!! But I went in a WalMart today to purchase a new one. As I stood there debating, I remembered what Greg said about it being connected all the time so I decided against the one with the clock and just got a basic 4 cup Mr Coffee. Like you, we enjoy good gourmet coffee. My new favorite coffee is Caribou Coffee. We found it in the Minneapolis area. It is like Sumatra only milder and sooooooo good. I just brewed my first pot in the new coffeemaker. The smell is wonderful!!!

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
No one is so old as the one who has outlived enthusiasm.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Well I just happened to be at Wal Mart and found the Black & Decker Home Cafe. This is a single serve that uses the coffee pods. Since Tod doesn't drink coffee it's prfect. It makes a great 14 ounce cup of coffee in about 1.5 minutes then shuts off.

I had been looking for a coffee maker for some time and finally found a single that was affordable. It was on clearance for $30. Previously I had found many different single serves for $69 and up. this ne was worth the wait.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i hammer:

If you like Caribou's Sumatra, you should try their Obsidian.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
>Well I just happened to be at Wal Mart and found the Black &
>Decker Home Cafe. This is a single serve that uses the
>coffee pods. Since Tod doesn't drink coffee it's prfect.
>It makes a great 14 ounce cup of coffee in about 1.5 minutes
>then shuts off.
>
>I had been looking for a coffee maker for some time and
>finally found a single that was affordable. It was on
>clearance for $30. Previously I had found many different
>single serves for $69 and up. this ne was worth the wait.

Negatory on that B&D drivers- it just shot craps after one week!

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Linda,
Becky bought a Toastess coffee maker at Meijer in Michigan. It makes 14 oz cup is all plastic has a permenant filter and makes a great cup of coffee.We split it and make a second takes 6 min. or so to do both and nothing to break- cost was 12.00,runs off the inverter(1750 watt).Comes in handy when no other good coffee is available(most of the time),if you get near a Meijer,most allow straight trucks to park there,try the one at exit 210 ,I-75 Toledo OH.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Thank you for that great information I am sure there will be several try the coffee maker out. The price is sure right!

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
What you might try is a battery back up system or a surge protector like you use for a computer. The problem you are having is you are getting uneven electric current and it is burning out your electric components

catshavestaff

Seasoned Expediter
Tim Horton's coffee....my gosh, it is the best tasting coffee we've ever had...we look for them everywhere.

We purchased a Hamilton Beach, BEFORE we moved into the truck, and it turned out to be too tall, and very cumbersome to fill and run...we'll definitely be trying those suggesting on this thread when the current pot keels over.

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
Mr. coffee with the metal thermal caraffe so it dos'nt end up shatter glass when going over the GW bridge...Keeps the coffee warm for about 3 hrs..but back it up with a thermos for heat and a resavoir of coffee while driving....a bean grinder(walmart $17.00) and eight-o-clock columbian beans make a great cup...then pilot seems to have the best coffee for the quick thermos fill up while on a run