MEMORIAL WEEKEND !! WHERE ARE YOU ??

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hope every hard-working driver enjoys the Memorial Day weekend.

I will be on my boat for a well-deserved weekend off.

However, I will always appreciate and respect those that make our freedom possible.

God Bless and be safe.

are12

Expert Expediter
We are home and will be having our cookout tomorrow, with family and friends.

I posted in the Layover Lounge for anyone that is near Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton, PA to send a PM, if you would like to join us.

Wishing you all a great Memorial Day and be safe.

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
Enjoying ourselves thoroughly at Kings Dominion in Virginia...just spent all day Sat there and will be returning tomorrow.:7

After our Empty Move debacle trying to get home, this is where we stopped.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Passing time in the Los Angeles, CA area until Tuesday. Dispatched to pick up a load then.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
At home putting th finishing touches on my semi-remodeled sleeper and going to enjoy my 43" HD LCD tv I installed in it (I wish :) )

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Got a nice load out of Laredo on Friday to deliver in Nashvile on Tues.

Spent Friday in San Antonio. Lunch was at MiTeirra at Market Square followed by some shopping and a gondola ride at the Riverwalk. Leaving Dallas today to spend Memorial Day on Beale Street in Memphis.:)

Hope you enjoy yours!

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
MiTiera, WOW. Neat place!! Beal street, WOW. Neat place!! That's the way to enjoy this occupation folks!! Me? Just sitting on the porch at the lake listening to the Indy 500. And, just might quaff a couple coolies. Or three. Or four.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm hangin out in Atlanta for the weekend - really wish I was home, but picked up a load in LA Friday, for delivery Tues morning, and 'home' aint on the way, sigh. Hope everyone who can be with loved ones this weekend is enjoying the bejeebers out of it! ;)

Thornapple

Seasoned Expediter
Just setting here watching the race and enjoying my view of the water.
Wooops another wall got hit!
Milka!
one more day and back at it.

Thornapple
Bolt van B-324

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Finding ourselves in LA over the long weekend (dispatched to pick up on Tuesday) was a new experience. We have been in and out of LA many times. Laying over here, we had no idea what to do or see because we have always been dispatched out of LA quickly.

While talking on the phone with Jack Dixon, our friendly, neighborhood west coast expert, he suggested we take a drive up to Big Bear Lake (elevation 6,980 feet), which we did. Wow! What a drive! It's nice to have friends like Jack.

We'll spend the night here, work our way back down into the smog on Monday and position ourselves for Tuesday's pickup. An alternative would be to spend the weekend in the truck at the TA in Ontario (elevation, 650 feet)....yeah, right. :D

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter
Picked up my load in South Carolina on friday afternoon, now hanging with my Kids until Monday AM...then head out to Michigan.

God Bless Our Troops

AbeJr
TranStewart #6680
Stand Tall & Be Proud

bamamule

Seasoned Expediter
heading for ca taking our time not in a hurry an't heard a dispacher or made a check call boy it's nice to be your own boss best part no dispachers to deal with lol buck starts here and end here how nice the feeling free at last

FireGears

Expert Expediter
NICE..!!!

Thanks for the pix...

That's my idea of career driving..
using spare time to enjoy the county/sights

Keep hydrated (water) at altitude and
don't forget the sunscreen... :7

dpea9

Expert Expediter
A Team Great pics! Big Bear is beautiful. In 1995 I bought an airplane in Big Bear and flew it to Fairbanks,Alaska

its not gun control
its people control

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
ATeam big bear is nice you are close to where i was stationed at 29 Palms,CA. Let me tell you that is no place to hang out.Palm Springs is alright i've had a lot of fun there. The main drag in palm springs is a good time. i took a pic with a statue of sonny bono down there one time. i put a cigerette between his fingers so it looked like me and sonny were havin a smoke together.

Kevin_Sue

Seasoned Expediter
Started with FedEx thuraday got our first run thursday evening. Columbus Ohio to DesMoines Iowa. Stayed in DesMoines and spent two nights at the Sleep Inn. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub andhad dinner at the Machine Shed resteraunt. On tuesday about noon got a run from Iowa to Green Bay Wisconsin. What a lovely Country we live in.